Playoff Hockey

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ben Hong

• John

• x Bred Pointer

Can Pittsburgh finish it tonight? I really hope so. I know there is a whole bunch of hockey yet to play, but I am really hoping that the Caps and Pens can meet in the East finals. Now that Ovie is back to himself and Sid looks like he is unstoppable, that ought to be a series for the ages.

Every series in the East is 3-1 this morning, with 2 of them seeming to be bassackwards.  Am surprised by the Devils and the Sabres, had thought in each case they would be leading theirs.  Also, a bit surprised by the Pens so far in that they finished the regular season with such a mediocre level of play.  Perhaps the Sens are missing too many players though they have played hard for the most part.  Also, once the Habs lost game 2 the way they did, think that killed their morale.  Can't wait to see the games tonight.

GO PENS!

that sabers game hurt to watch. poor miller can't win by himself.

I would say Thomas is playing his best hockey right now.

The habs should have kept Price on the bench.

GO PENS!

GO SENS!

GO SENS GO!

Hey, stop that!  GO PENS!

lol

Your team looked determined last night.  They played a great game on the road and took it to the Pens.  Regin is a fireball and Summers is a tank.  There was almost no room at all in front of the net and LeClair did himself proud with the # of stops he made.  Going back to Ottawa is not what I wanted to see nor did any of the 'Guins.  Tomoorow night will be a real test for Pgh.

But still...

GO PENS!

Don Cherry predicted that if Ottawa won last night, the series will go to 7 games. All bets are off.

Going back to Ottawa is not what I wanted to see nor did any of the 'Guins.

Going back to Ottawa probably favours the Pens, the Sens have not won yet at home in this series.

But that can change.... GO SENS GO!

I ll tell you what, I honestly think it is going to take a players death from blunt force of the puck hitting his face before full face masks are mandated.  Its really a shame guys have to be hurt like this, choose to all themselves to be hurt like this, when their is no need.

IF I were a coach or GM I make them mandatory, its basic insurance.

Don Cherry predicted that if Ottawa won last night, the series will go to 7 games. All bets are off.

Hey!

You and Marc, cut it out!  I'm not listening!  LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!  (Fingers stuck in ears.)

GO PENS!

Ben, glad Don Cherry was wrong.  Two guys who talk hockey who don't make much sense to me -- Don Cherry and Mike Milbury.

Marc, that was one wild game last night.  The Sens played 4 straight periods of great hockey until last night's 3rd.  The series was a tough one for the Pgh guys and the Sens have a great core of players for next season.  OT last night was more of a relief than an exclamation for the Pens.  Would love to know what Sutton and Bylsma talked about in the handshake -- did you notice the exchange?  Am guessing Sutton was asking about Leopold.  Sutton and Regin are great young guys to build around.  Glad to be going on to round 2, even happier to say goodbye to those tough Sens.  That was grueling for both teams.

Best wishes for next year.

---------------------------------------

GO PENS!!

Good for the Sharks and Blake, hope they have some second round success as well.

any one have thoughts on the wings game today at two?  I think the wings may close out the series today.

Marc, that was one wild game last night.  The Sens played 4 straight periods of great hockey until last night's 3rd.

Yup - the Sens blew it in the third period.  

Time to move on...

Go Habs Go!

One of the few times I listened to Don Cherry :(  :(  :down: .

Go Sidney!!

Ben, it's ok.  really ok.

Watched the 1st period of the PHX/Wings game yesterday and was shocked to see the Wings had lost when I tuned in much later to check the score.  The Wings were all over PHX and looked like they were going to blow them away.  One thing I keep seeing is that period by period, there can be some wild swings in play in round 1.  Would love to see a game 7 for Wash/Habs and see a closeout of Ryan Miller tonight purely for the benefit of the Pgh guys going into rd 2.  They are a tired lot and the more sweat the Caps have to exert and the more home games for the Pens the better.

So go Habs tonight!  & Boston!  

----------------------------------

GO PENS!!