• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Briarscratch

• jmooney

• Lurch

• Steve Hunts

I'm hearing my heart tell me to fly south and participate in the rescheduled tournament, and my mind tell me to let it go. Haven't decided who I'm listening to yet.
Briarscratch

I'm hearing my heart tell me to fly south and participate in the rescheduled tournament, and my mind tell me to let it go. Haven't decided who I'm listening to yet.

During times like that I hear the voice of Polecat saying....

"we're not here for a long time, so we might as well have a good time"

Go have a good time. Besides, the Gulf is just about ruin't and you might as well get while the gettin's good

Back to music.  I listen to this guy a lot. Here's the latest song I've been working on.

Valleys of Neptune.  The "new" Jimi Hendrix albumn that was recently released from the family's vaults of miles and miles of tape.

Phred

Any Seasick Steve fans around?  I saw him on the BBC of all places, and quite a character he is.

Other than that, some Corb Lund, and waiting to pick up the new Jason Boland live album...

And waiting on my new phone so I can start listening to Pandora at work.

Briarscratch

Stuck, I know we've had our disagreements in the past but I have a whole new level of regard for you.  The Dirty South is one of the most kick-ass albums ever made.

To our excellent taste!

Stuck in KS
It's just the lab/setter thing, right?  No worries.  I never take this stuff personally.
Briarscratch
It's just the lab/setter thing, right?  No worries.  I never take this stuff personally.

I was only half serious, but probably.  And it's water far under the bridge.

Do you have Decoration Day?   If I were to rank DBT's top three they would be:

1 Decoration Day

2 Dirty South

3 Pizza Deliverance

The rest are good, but those are the best.  They're also playing in Tulsa on June 19.  Definitely worth a road trip to see the Rock Show.

Briarscratch

And while I'm monopolizing John's thread...here's a little ditty I'm listening to before heading to the dojo.

Stuck in KS

I've mostly been a Pandora listener of the DBT's.  That, and every time a particular friend and I find ourself in a certain alcohol induced condition we play 18 Wheels of Love, the one with the intro, and laugh our asses off.  The vocals, IMO, suck (from a musical perspective), but I love them for some reason.  They make me think that I could be lead singer for some kickass band some day.

I try to catch Reckless whenever they're close.  Have seen Cross Canadian and Lucero here in town.  Getting more into it lately, lots of those acts do play KC or Lawrence.