REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

UPDATE: Raccoon Catchin

rprovines
That backhoe is quicker'n sweetcorn through a 'coon.

Holes happen when someone injects politics into the corn patch.

Hell, that there weren't no politics, that were good ole all around grabasserie.

Dang. I missed it.

Did it have anything to do with the recent coon problem plaguing Maine?

I had the complete explanation of the issue, the resolution of the problem, plus a little humor in that post. And now it's gone.

Brad Eden

It wasn't that good as far as GA'ing goes. The earth will continue to spin.

Gonna set the Havahart trap in between the corn rows starting tonite. Gonna bait it with squashed potato beetles. Trying to recycle.

Gonna let the deer chow down. Gonna set up a tree stand in woods off garden. Bow season isn't that far away.

Bloodhound

Is a corn patch and snap beans considered "baiting" in Maine?

Some young Colorado DOW officer would find some way to call it "baiting"...then write you an additional ticket for not wearing your blaze orange underware while "stick flicking"...

For the coon, a Winchester 67 with a CCI "Stinger" round will send Stinky to that great corn patch in the sky...

RASKE
Gonna let the deer chow down. Gonna set up a tree stand in woods off garden. Bow season isn't that far away.

Unless alot has changed since I was raised up that way, it's not like night time gunshots are out of the ordinary in Frankfort, Brad.  Heck...at one point in time if you put a fence around Frankfort and arrested everyone within the fence for poaching, you'd only wrongly accuse a half dozen people  :devil:

Brad Eden

Yeah, this area is full of poachers. The deer have evolved into a subspecies. I'm only half kidding, they are rarely seen during daylight hours.

OK, start laughing and feeling smug everyone. I found coon paw prints on the porch floor this morning. Big ones that looked very familiar. Crap.

mshowman

I remember a TV show from when I was a kid. It starred Fess Parker and Ed Ames and the theme song went something like this... "From the coon skin cap on the top of old Brad."

Just sayin'.

Brad Eden
Gotta go to the store and buy some canned cat food. Be back later.

PartridgeCartridge

I found coon paw prints on the porch floor this morning. Big ones that looked very familiar. Crap.

Hmmm. Surprised the Secret Service hadn't notified you.

Prolly just knocking on doors and some last minute campaigning.

Point5
Ok, now it's personal.

RASKE
Ok, now it's personal.

Yep.  Stinky's pissed.....and coming full bore now.

kdvollmer
have fun with this.  Get that "rabbit Gun" from the other post.  Just in case stinky brings some reinforcements with him.

Briarscratch

Despite the fact that the crosshairs on the Leupold looked off-kilter and it took three shots (embarrassing) the kiddies got to do the dead groundhog dance a few minutes ago.

I must be turning into a wussy.  The 3 year old and the 6 year old are hooting and hollering and I'm looking at the poor thing thinking about mortality.

I need a drink.

Trappercase
Was he singing a Kenny Loggins song?

valuman
Three shots? Tell me it was a .22-lr and the critter was a hundred yards away.

Bloodhound

Brad

sounds like Scratch's .22 is sighted a little off...do you want me to send out my Winchester...its dead on at 75 yards...shooting "Minute of Raccoon" groups....