UPDATE: Raccoon Catchin

The plot thickens.

I talked to a friend of mine this morning who lives 3 houses up the street. His neighbor (and the house 2 up from us) had a couple roosters. They would crow as roosters do early every morning and since our bedroom window is on their side it would wake up Jo Ann. (Jo Ann wakes up if a hair drops off the dogs butt anyhow) Drove my friend nuts but he is too nice a guy to say anything. Personally, I ate every rooster that snuck into any load of pullet/laying hens we use to have. Pains in the asses they are. Hadn't heard them roosters for a little while.

Anyhow--a coon or coons got the roosters! According to my friend the owner actually caught the coon eating one of them. I feverishly asked WHEN!?, hoping it was over 4 days ago, but he said a couple days ago.

Maybe Stinky prefers fresh chicken over dog food for the time being. Best set out that trap again tonite with a chicken leg or something as bait.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• rprovines

• ANF grousin

• bosco mctavitch

bosco mctavitch

Maybe Stinky prefers fresh chicken over dog food for the time being. Best set out that trap again tonite with a chicken leg or something as bait.  

apocalypse_now-1.jpg

They were going to make me a major for this and I wasn't even in their

fucing army any more.  Everybody wanted me to do it, him most of all. I

felt like he was up there, waiting for me to take the pain away. He just

wanted to go out like a raccoon, standing up, not like some poor, wasted,

rag-assed roadkill. Even the corn wanted him dead, and that's who

he really took his orders from anyway

Free range chickens?   Great way to get rid of them.

I had a couple of bantam roosters someone gave me and I couldn't stand them. I even tried killing them myself to no avail as they'd fly up on the roof where I couldn't safely shoot them.

Finally, Reddy Fox set his sites on them and they were gone within the week.

Free range chickens?   Great way to get rid of them.

I had a couple of bantam roosters someone gave me and I couldn't stand them. I even tried killing them myself to no avail as they'd fly up on the roof where I couldn't safely shoot them.

Finally, Reddy Fox set his sites on them and they were gone within the week.

I can't believe you'd even try to kill those roosters. I mean, yeah they're an invasive species, but so are feral cats.

• 2 weeks later...
Unless Stinky makes a daylight raid I will be picking my first ears of sweet corn from the garden this afternoon. Jo Ann has been notified.
Fresh sweetcorn makes me poop.

Common. That way you get to see it a second time.

PartridgeCartridge

Fresh sweetcorn makes me poop.

Common. That way you get to see it a second time.

What I find amazing though is that no matter how hard you try to chew each and every kernal, at least one sneaks by.

Try it for yourself. Report back to us tomorrow. Pics would be nice.

I forgot to take a picture for PC this morning.

Speaking of turds I saw some suspicions looking ones up near garden that weren't Jakes usual colossus piles. I set the Havahart in between corn rows last night just in case.

I'll go check and report back later.

PartridgeCartridge
I forgot to take a picture for PC this morning.

Speaking of turds... I'll go check and report back later.

No problem. But just in case, I took some of my own pics.

Would you like me to post them or would you prefer an email to keep them just for yourself?

Trap empty. No corn thievery. But I'm not gonna get smug about it. Just takes one coon, one night to ruin a marriage. At least one that hangs on by a corn silk.

Is it just me or does a caged coon smell exactly like a garbage dumpster on a hot summer day?  Nasty critters.

I'd really rather examine a fresh dump of mine own for unchewed corn than deal with a smelly raccoon.