Your On-Line Handle

From a book "Cast Again" by Jennifer Olsten if I remember correctly. Book about fly fishing.

I lent the book to my wife to read. The guide in the book was named Lars and my wife liked it started calling me Lars as I did a lot of fishing at the time. Friends heard her calling me Lars and then they started.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rprovines

• valuman

• Cooter Brown

From William Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night":

"Be not afraid of Cooter Brown: some are born Cooter Brown, some achieve Cooter Brown and some have Cooter Brown thrust upon them."

It's partly a play on my last name, Kudro, partly from the fact that I used to paddle a whitewater boat called a "Cudamax", but mostly from the fact that one of my best paddling buddies loves to give people knicknames.

And then there's the Bourbon issue...

I've had the knickname twenty years or so.

I chose mine in a fit of cleverness. Only other handle I ever saw that is more clever than mine is Rex Hoppie. Shuh, where'd he ever come up with that one?
....my wife liked it started calling me Lars as I did a lot of fishing at the time.

Uhh, I hate to...

Well, that is to sa....

Piss, never mind.

I used to fly a 1946 Aeronca Champ.  Picked up FlyChamps from that.

Then 18 months ago one of my partners totalled it.  He was unhurt except for his mightily damaged ego.  But no more Champ to fly.

Now I'm stuck flying my share of a Cessna 172.

northshoreruffs

Lived on the north shore of minnesota and love hunting ruffies.

There are no grouse in MN though so most of the time I had to travel over to wisconsin when I really wanted to kill one of those elusive birds.  I never could believe how many more were in that great cheesehead state.

optimus prime
Optimus Prime because that is what I am going to name my next pup.  Or I might name him Iron Hide.  I guess I have seen the Transformers movie too many times.
I was pheasant hunting many years ago with my recently purchased first O/U. My first flush of the day produced two birds and I took them both. At lunch we were all talking about the morning hunt. I was the only one with a double gun and a buddy of mine said "Listen to ol' two shot here!". The name kind of stuck.

to match my email name which is a my first name Bob and the first three letters of my last name ManXXXX :)

Has nothing to do with quail hunting although I do hunt quail.