• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PartridgeCartridge

• rprovines

• valuman

• ANF grousin

Wimp try meeting one of these nests at 7am while 60 feet off the ground on a roller coaster walking a 12 inch plank and no where to go.  They put together a football size nest in just under 24 hours Oh did I mention they knew we were coming :ghostface:

The guy I was with got hit 7 times I was lucky and on the other side of the track.  Get the spray foam it works best and you need to spray it directly into the hole.

PartridgeCartridge

Wimp

Whoa!

First of all, it's "Mr. Voodoo Queen Wimp" to you...

...'lest you want me to concoct some dry, scaling, shrivelling testicle curse.

Wimp

Whoa!

First of all, it's "Mr. Voodoo Queen Wimp" to you...

...'lest you want me to concoct some dry, scaling, shrivelling testicle curse.

i bind you smurf, from doing harm, harm to other people and harm to yourself. i bind you smurf ,from doing harm, harm to other people and harm to yourself!

Chuck

PartridgeCartridge
I think it is an illegal birthday pinata.  Grab a stick and put on a blindfold and have at it and then call INS and have them deported.   :p   Happy Birthday.

That's actually a brilliant idea.

We have a local supermarket where the illegals loiter and wait for day jobs.

I betcha for the price of a gallon of rotgut tequilla, I could talk two drunk ones into the whole 'pinata idea.

After they bash the nest, I'll just call the cops and have their drunken hornetstung asses hauled off for trespassing and vandalism.

Hmmm.....

So, I have one of these hanging in a tree on my front yard about ten feet over my sidewalk.

HornetsNest040911.jpg

Nasty little bastidges and very territorial. I've tried getting close to the nest at night but they still know I'm there and start to chase me.

I've cut a few down over the years, most with only mild mishaps/stings etc

But this particular colony seems pretty savvy to intruders.

I really don't want to get stung repeatedly.

Any tips/suggestions?

Oh, and for what its worth, I went to the local garden center and some hairy hippie chick suggested I get on a ladder with a trashbag with a drawstring and encircle the hive with the bag and pull the drawstring closed.

After a long silent moment she asked me if I understood her instructions.

I replied, "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR EFFIN MIND LADY?"

Any Ideas?

purchase one dime bag of weed, offer to said hairy hippie chick for a demo of the technique, video and share with friends.

DennisMcFeely

I'd try an old Eastern European drinking game/hazing ritual as a remedy here.  The next time Tim is down get him drunk, blindfold him and tell him you have an "Upland Rite of Passage" he needs to complete.  Set him under said nest and...voila.

I'd try an old Eastern European drinking game/hazing ritual as a remedy here.  The next time Tim is down get him drunk, blindfold him and tell him you have an "Upland Rite of Passage" he needs to complete.  Set him under said nest and...voila.

Holy #&$@! Poor bastage, if he wasn't so stupid I'd feel sorry for him.

What'd they do, offer some bum off the street a pint to come in and sit on a stack of tires?  If so, my sympathy is with the bum.  But if that guy was a knowing participant in that little game, then he deserves his head thumped off the ceiling.

I had no idea an air bag packed such a wallop.  My ex took airbags to the face on two occasions, one was a non-event and the other simply knocked her silly (er).

I just found out there is a spray foam canned product filled with some ubertoxic, EthylMethylDeathyl bee killer juice and I'm off to buy a few cans this morning.

Dave:

That's the stuff we use.

I get yellow jackets and wasps that set up every year in the metal fence around my pool.  Seems the rectangular posts are hollow, and there are little spaces where the cross-pieces enter the posts that make dandy entrances for the little barstards.

So I buy the nasty foam stuff, and have at it about 15 nights a summer.  It's a war of attrition - every time I knock them back, they start a few days later in another post.  One of these years I'm gonna buy some clear caulk and spend a few spring days sealing all the posts up.

Let me know if you need a spare shooter - this is one area where I don't need any shooting lessons!

that is f'n ridiculous, i'm reposting that