The taste of a ruffed grouse...

...I also smell every single bird.

I do that too. Its the essence of everything wild. (Apologies to Ronald)

So, how'd the dinner go over?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rprovines

• Hunshatt

• Wildbird

• PartridgeCartridge

Top Posters In This Topic

Never have eaten a properly prepared wild bird, both upland and waterfowl, that I didn't like.  All are great, some better than others.  And Green Bay, woodcock breasts lightly sauted in butter with garlic salt are great, better than ditch parrots even.
Someone will surely stop by to tell us how it tastes of autumn days, decaying leaves, toadstools, over-ripened balckberries, moist black soil.....

I really like choking my chicken.

as to the former statement yawn...... my friend wildbird asked me to tell you to......321.gif off......

as to the latter , it comes as no real surprise.... I mean you chase released ditch harlots, with a 3legged cocker and a basset hound...... and you do a poor job of that

Brrrr.....  

And I'm proud to say that neither of them resemble a setter. Although I was considering asking you if you had an extra Astro I could borrow for when the basse... Springer gets behind and I can't see her anymore.

Killed 2 pheasant this  year, both wild. Buy me a preserve hunt, would ya?

And for what it's worth, I got curious about the weight so I scaled them both. Given the brevity of our season this year I ain't too unhappy, the basset weighed in at 46 lbs, Tripod at 40 which I really wonder about no more active than we've been but must be attributable to proper feeding. Please to kiss my @ss.
Someone will surely stop by to tell us how it tastes of autumn days, decaying leaves, toadstools, over-ripened balckberries, moist black soil.....

I really like choking my chicken.

as to the former statement yawn...... my friend wildbird asked me to tell you to......321.gif off......

as to the latter , it comes as no real surprise.... I mean you chase released ditch harlots, with a 3legged cocker and a basset hound...... and you do a poor job of that

Brrrr.....  

And I'm proud to say that neither of them resemble a setter. Although I was considering asking you if you had an extra Astro I could borrow for when the basse... Springer gets behind and I can't see her anymore.

Killed 2 pheasant this  year, both released, from the game farm down the street. Buy me a preserve hunt, would ya?

congratulations , you big manly man.....

And for what it's worth, I got curious about the weight so I scaled them both. Given the brevity of our season this year I ain't too unhappy, the basset weighed in at 46 lbs, Tripod at 40 which I really wonder about no more active than we've been but must be attributable to proper feeding. Please to kiss my @ss.

just googled your dogs breeds...the tripod should go 25-33, and the basset 30-35 for  males... females 3-5 less..... givem some more chocolate mousse

What I would like to know is what the pheasants weighed?

Like the absolutely the finest, positively beyond all hope the tastiest, your taste buds can't believe it, this can't be true, pinch me I'm dreaming astoundingly delicious Ditch Parrot that ever lived - only better.

Hey Garcon, bring me somemore

a dis bird eh!

Spin :p

Tripod's daddy was 35 with working every day. Chance is on a par with her Momma.

I'm serious, you should buy my dogs a day at the park for all the duress you're putting them through, callin' 'em fat... they're just pleasingly plump. They've only helped kill 5 birds this year; 3 grouse and 2 pheasants. The grouse were the more tame of the 5, flushing nearly at my feet.  Well, guess we got a woodcock or two in MI to boot, but who counts those? No-one around here raises training birds anymore, you really should help them out.

Lissen, why don't you take your ever-so-lovely setters and go kill something since you still got seasons in out there? Or are they off to camp again? I forgot you only have dogs to care  for part of the year.

snow storm all weekend in the area we go, thats still open.... Nh, Me, and XX are all closed.... Ny's still got 2 months to go..... since it was snowing so hard I had my choice of hunting with dumbasastump, or staying home and cleaning my room.......you'd never guess all the crap forgot I had in the closet

probably the end of my season..... the smurf's gonna come up wtih yet some other excuse/reason we can't go(like he did the last 4 weeks....xmas eve? who the F cares... lets go hunting.... snow storm...whatever..... I fell off a curb and twisted my hip... well at his age thats kinda serious......)

Now kathi pulled the calendar..... 8 weekends of skiing(maybe a trip to Ut) tri training is starting during the week and the girls are off to school mid feb.......

Yeah, whatever, but how about the hunt for my dogs? Poor bastards are bird starved, but the tripod might have the makings of a rabbit dog if I keep working him on them. He actually tracked one quite a ways today. I shoulda had the .22, I could see the rabbit down the fencerow hopping slowly along, I coulda pulled a Clint on him and headshot 'im... ahem... on the run.
christ yur startin to sound like brad...... what ya got we can auction off, to fund a hunt for the basset hound? one of them cheese wheels?
...I also smell every single bird.

I do that too. Its the essence of everything wild. (Apologies to Ronald)

So, how'd the dinner go over?

The dinner was fantastic. Great way to close out a Saturday. Did a little duck hunting and watched a little football. Colts game was disappointing.

Well probably have pheasant tomorrow night. You know...cause it's a regular old week night.