proposed porcupine season in Pa.

Don't get me wrong I would like to see less dog contacts and they have cost people some unexpected vet bills.I think first we should discuss the proper shot size and load.This should bring some hunters back to the state.
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• polecat

• brymoore

• valuman

• Tcaddis

Matt Crawford

I had to Google wtf you were talking about, but I see now you PA folks are debating the establishment of a no-limit porcupine hunting season from July 1 to June 30, excluding Sundays and the two-week firearms deer season.

Huh. Are they big game or small game?

I just assumed porkies were shoot on sight type of critters.  Next thing you'll be telling me is that there is a crow season in PA.
I just assumed porkies were shoot on sight type of critters.  Next thing you'll be telling me is that there is a crow season in PA.

Yes and Yes

Our crow season is Feb, March, August, Sep, no limit. I thought it was regulated by the feds, maybe not.

They are migratory and if I'm not mistaken that fact led to the feds making the states declare a season.  They give a date for the season in the Minnesota regs and then couch it by saying that you can shoot a crow if it is "doing or about to do damage".  I figure that means you can shoot them when ever you feel like it.

I don't think there are presently any porky outfitters in PA.Can you see it now? "Polecats Porcupine Pursiuts".

You come into the lodge and see a 50 pound red phase porky mounted on the wall,the smell of porky stew simmering on the wood stove.Give the clients a choice of stand hunting in active areas or the thrill of spot and stalk. Well nevermind was just thinking out loud.

"Polecats Porcupine Pursiuts".

I like it do you bait em I figure tie on eof the red dog to a tree and let em come running in :D