REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Crowbird

Who are you listening to?

Ben Hong

Knopfler is never under appreciated here.

dogrunner

4DEC4D11-7A87-44B7-8281-D15D05AFA58A.jpeg

dogrunner

FA5E384B-5749-4365-88D8-EE7483315D90.jpeg

topdog1961
6 hours ago, dogrunner said:

FA5E384B-5749-4365-88D8-EE7483315D90.jpeg

Turtle Creek. LMAO first time I heard that, way, way before anyone knew what LMAO was. I think I was about 8. 

topdog1961
On 6/27/2020 at 3:09 AM, Scar said:

I listened to that 3 times and sent it to my sister. She liked it too. Kind of Dolly Partonish. 

Ben Hong

For that genulman in Georgia.

dogrunner

I like this Charlie song. 

481FFD6E-8EDB-4E73-85EC-64D37ADD8009.jpeg

Steve Hunts

juneboy1

Katie Toupin is really good

dogrunner

9C0BBEC5-6667-4F5C-8766-A410B17A1B7E.jpeg

walt lister

walt lister

Ben Hong

I love this great, great song by Steve Goodman. This is the America that once lived in my imagination.

walt lister

This song reminds me of a black man I worked with in tooling in 1973 at North American Rockwell. His name was Joe Tate and he was in his 60s then. He told stories of a time before the war when he and a couple of others would make extra money on weekends by going to roadhouses in the south and offering to entertain with dancing and music for tips and meals. This was apparently a common practice then and there. There was no bitterness in him as he told this, that's just the way it was then. He said they were treated well but did have to eat in the back room after. Another slice of Americana.   

Ben Hong
53 minutes ago, walt lister said:

This song reminds me of a black man I worked with in tooling in 1973 at North American Rockwell. His name was Joe Tate and he was in his 60s then. He told stories of a time before the war when he and a couple of others would make extra money on weekends by going to roadhouses in the south and offering to entertain with dancing and music for tips and meals. This was apparently a common practice then and there. There was no bitterness in him as he told this, that's just the way it was then. He said they were treated well but did have to eat in the back room after. A slice of Americana.   

I believe that the slice of Americana you speak of rhymes with the Steve Goodman song I posted just above. In these trying times, we old geezers look for the comforting memories of our youth with more intensity and desperation. Something of value to hang on to, I guess.