Bad Song Lyrics

Downtown Bang!

DennisMcFeely
I've blocked them from memory but surely there are several by Bon Jovi that have made me wince.  He can make Weird Al Yankovic seem like Rimbaud.

Oh right.

"I'll be the water when you get thirsty, baby

When you get drunk, I'll be the wine"

Also, when she breathes he wants to be the air for her.

There was that.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Downtown Bang!

• trust me

• North Dakota Hntr

[X2. WTF was that. When I was a kid I remember that gem, Billie don't be a hero, and The Night Chicago Died all in about the same year. Dark days indeed.

Wasn't Kung Foo Fighting right around that time too? :O

Craig

And "Run, Joey Run". Oo.gif

And who in Creation was responsible for "Little Willy" in about that same time frame?  That one irritated me even as a pre-teen.

"Little Willy Willy won't (...thump thump) go home!"  

Good grief.

That was Sweet. Same group that did "Ballroom Blitz". Say no more....

[X2. WTF was that. When I was a kid I remember that gem, Billie don't be a hero, and The Night Chicago Died all in about the same year. Dark days indeed.

Craig

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... Lets not get crazy now. Kung Fu Fighting? That was a highpoint. Lets see;  Kung Fu Figthing, or... Knock Three Times.

The defense rests.

More crap from that wonderful era of horrible pop music. I truly think the music from that era was what truly caused the infamous "Misery Index"

[FLASH=200,400][/FLASH]

Craig

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... Lets not get crazy now. Kung Fu Fighting? That was a highpoint. Lets see;  Kung Fu Figthing, or... Knock Three Times.

The defense rests.

Geez now you are making me feel bad.  Had all of those 45's.  Suppose you are going to tell me that Blue Swede was a travesty as well?  Ooga shaka Ooga Ooga Ooga shaka....

Windy, it pains me to say this, but if you had the Knock Three times by Tony Orlando and Dawn 45...And it wasn't your sisters. You should feel bad. However your Kung Fu Fighting 45 will negate said Tony Orlando 45. I like The Sweet, so if you had the  Fox On The Run 45, you are lookin good brother. Not sure how I feel about the Snoopy vs The Red Baron 45......

Oh yea, the Ooba chuka song. Here's my take. If they would have stayed with the whole Ooba Chuka thing, it may have worked out. When they kick into the, bomp, bomp, IIIIIIIII...I'm hooked on a feelin, part; that starts to work my gag reflex.

I'll just lump and entire genre. ANYTHING written by the hair bands!! Too many saapy cliched lyrics, especially in the so called power ballads :p . Luckily most of my recollections of the 70s music has been wiped clean.
I'll just lump and entire genre. ANYTHING written by the hair bands!! Too many saapy cliched lyrics, especially in the so called power ballads :p . Luckily most of my recollections of the 70s music has been wiped clean.

HAMMAH, never thought of you as a Sheriff fan. Pantera maybe...

HAMMAH, never thought of you as a Sheriff fan. Pantera maybe...

LOL Al one of my favorite storys from my bouncing days revolves around me, Phil Asselmo and a bottle of Jack. Love their music but hated every one of those guys on a personal basis outside Vinny who was pretty cool.

Windy, it pains me to say this, but if you had the Knock Three times by Tony Orlando and Dawn 45...And it wasn't your sisters. You should feel bad. However your Kung Fu Fighting 45 will negate said Tony Orlando 45. I like The Sweet, so if you had the  Fox On The Run 45, you are lookin good brother. Not sure how I feel about the Snoopy vs The Red Baron 45......

Oh yea, the Ooba chuka song. Here's my take. If they would have stayed with the whole Ooba Chuka thing, it may have worked out. When they kick into the, bomp, bomp, IIIIIIIII...I'm hooked on a feelin, part; that starts to work my gag reflex.

Well maybe I'm OK after all.  

No Tony O and Dawn,  did have the Kung Fu Fighting 45.  Still have "Desolation Boulevard" and "The Sweet" albums.  

I was a conflicted child.  Got home from my fellowship of christian athlete meetings and listened to Tony Iommi's three-fingered power chords.

Of course I did get juiced when I listened to my Sheriff 45.  Freddy could really sing it!

More crap from that wonderful era of horrible pop music. I truly think the music from that era was what truly caused the infamous "Misery Index"

[FLASH=200,400][/FLASH]

AARRGGHH!

What rock did you turn over to find that fossilized dog turd of a song?