REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Hong

NHL Playoffs,

Avery being a punk is not necessarily connected to dirty hits. I think he does most of his crap away from the eyes of the officials and they are not the crushing dirty hits associated with guys like Cooke and the guy with Vancouver(sorry, his name escapes me now). He is more like an annoying little insect....well...a punk.

I just hope the Caps can get this monkey off their backs and finally learn to put a team away. I'm kind of sick of hearing about it and the lack of respect the media gives the Caps.

Boy oh boy, was the Habs and Bruins game fun to watch. It is surprisingly fun to watch a game that I'm not emotionally attached to.

Ben Hong
Boy oh boy, was the Habs and Bruins game fun to watch. It is surprisingly fun to watch a game that I'm not emotionally attached to.

That is the norm between these two teams...they actually hate each other. Makes for great hockey. The classy vs the classless and clueless (Bruin flipped the bird after his first goal in 7 years(?), league fines him).  

If I were associated with the Vancouver team, I would be hearing footsteps and grabbing at my collar at about this time.

Pomoxis
When if ever will a Canadian team win the cup? After watching the Hawks dismantle the Canucks again last night, my hopes for a Canadian team reclaiming their Holy Grail were derailed.....

kdvollmer
I still believe that the Vancouver is going to win this series, but I don't think they will get much farther.

Meanwhile, Detroit and Pittsburgh are quietly going about the business of winning a cup. Both are looking good and I HATE to say that.

Ben Hong

Detroit. The House that Scotty built, like he built so many teams before...St. Louis, Montreal, Pitts, Buffalo, and now he will will Chicago to success as he did last year. But it will be Detroit that will prevail.

Sam Pollock was probably the greatest hockey mind in history and whomever he mentored or walked in his shadow came away bound for success and glory...Scotty Bowman, Bill Torrey, Cliff Fletcher, Glen Sather, the list is endless, as are the number of Cups won by these men. Bowman above all was the "chosen one", someone whom Pollock would nurture, groom and employ from the age of 16. He above all learned how to win from Pollock and the Montreal system.

As Chris Chelios said, Montreal was and is like the Harvard of hockey.

braque du upstate
sabers in 15 minutes, beers in the fridge, good series so far.

Looks like desperation fit quite well on Tampa. Once again, I hope the Caps can put the Rangers away and get a big monkey off their backs.

Great game last night. Philly hung in there tough. They almost made Miller seem human. I still don't think I would want to face Buffalo.

gunsrus
Habs over Broons in 6

I don't think so !   :devil:

Meanwhile, Detroit and Pittsburgh are quietly going about the business of winning a cup. Both are looking good and I HATE to say that.

Well, uh...you may be right about the Red Wings.

The Pens came out yesterday playing very well until the they went down a goal, then they tanked.  BTW, the 1st Lightning goal resulted from the prettiest passing I've seen in ages.  Hope the pounding the Pens took fires them up for tomorrow.  Weird that many teams are struggling at home, the Pens are 1-2 home, 2-0 away.  Think I heard yesterday that under Bylsma, the Pens are 0-6 closing out series in Pgh.  

B du B, sorry about the Rangers, they faced a tough opponenet in the 1st series.

Pub Scout

That is the norm between these two teams...they actually hate each other. Makes for great hockey. The classy vs the classless and clueless (Bruin flipped the bird after his first goal in 7 years(?), league fines him).  

OK, I agree Andy Ference's judgement was not the best and certainly didn't buy the equipment malifunction excuse, but are you saying that the Canadiens are classy?  Subban, who is an amazing talent, never stops running his mouth and he is not using "classy" language.

To quote another great hockey man, Conn Smythe "If you can't beat'em in the alley, you can't beat'em on the ice".

That is funny. I have always thought that Subban is bordering on "punk" status. I would not dream of calling any of his other team that, but there is something avout him that bothers me.

Chase
Subban in the Boston series has grabbed a player from behind by neck while that player was tied up with another player, and decked another with a cross check from behind after the whistle, just a couple of his actions that jumped out at me.  Hardly could be called "classy".

fuess

My FlyBoys get no mention of hanging tuff!  How about that game for excitement?

Now, if we only can figure out who will be the goalie?

Miller, netkeeper for the Sabres is one hell of a goalie!!  Impressive as hell!

Pub Scout
And let's not forget the classy Max Pac and his tweet before game 5 that the series may be as long as Marchand's nose.