Goodbye Sweet Prince

nobirdshere
I am very sorry to read of your sudden and tragic loss of your pup. It was a terrible accident, but an accident nonetheless, so try not to be too hard on yourself. A future pup sounds like it would find an exceptional home, so don't deny a future pup the opportunity for a great life. My sincere sympathies.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bonasa

• brueggemanns

• bigjohnsd

Don Steese
There are no words that adequately describe the pain you must be feeing. I am so sorry.
NC Quailhunter

Wade,

I am truly sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

NCQ

I'm very sorry for your loss.  I wish I had something better to say, but I don't.  I lost one to a car more than 20 years ago.  I'm still not all the way over it.  It gets easier with time, not better, just easier.  My heart goes out to you.

Wade,

I'm so, so, so sorry to hear of your loss.  And, you are right...seven months is in no way enough.  This is beyond sad, knowing what you've been through lately.

Dogs and roads...a cruel combination that, I believe, will punish bird dog owners until the end of time.

Again, so sorry for your loss and if there's anything I can do....don't be afraid to ask.

Brian.

gosh dangit wade,

I'm so sorry. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. You certainly have been pushed to the limit in that sense. Life is so precious in any form, but i of all people know how hard it is to lose your best friend in unsuspecting way so fast, as I did with Kwik just three short weeks ago. you can ask all the "why's" in the world, but it really doesn't matter. He knew you loved him, my heart is with you.

WE ARE creatures of a hunting dogs, they help mold us, and maybe their is some life lesson here for you (although its certainly hard for me to see what that is). i guess we can be thankful it wasn't one of your nephews or yourself, but i'm a phone call away if you need to talk to someone who has been through it as of recent. I'm praying for ya to get through this tough time.

my wife and I are unable to have children, so our dogs ARE our FURRY children. I know exactly what you mean, but NEVER feel like youre to attached to your dog, they would be missing out if you changed that style. Life can be as short for us a it is for them, LIVE, LOVE, and GIVE all you can in this life. It will make you happier than becoming a "colder soul", to "not get hurt again"

920 983 6905

Sorry for your loss and even more sorry for the crap timing.  Fate is a cruel mistress.  Try not to beat yourself up.
May I humbly add to your list of condolences?  Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
Fishnfowler
My sincerest condolences.  I too recommend another pup to love.  Nothing will replace Reef and Dirk, but giving to another pup will fill some of the emptiness you feel inside.
Joseph Augustine

Wade,

So sorry to hear of your terrible loss.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,

Joe