-Are you 26-34 years old?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• michael brown

• J.J.

• popplecop

Yes, a woman who is honest about her age.  To some women age is just a number and it takes a lot more than a number to intimidate me.

I'm 31.. but days, months, and years seem to be passing faster and faster.

Trust me on this one==as time goes on the days get longer & the years get shorter.

Cap

seniorsetterguy
As Shagrunner's and my grandpa would say, I'm in my 62nd year. I've only been a serious upland hunter for the last 5 years or so, but I hope to hunt for a full quarter century...
I'll be 71 before the season opens but I ain't stopping now. My GSP lady will be five in Aug. and she won't let me slack up!
Im 59 so I've been hunting for 47 years. Have two sons 23, and 26. They are both avid hunters, and have been since they could carry a bb gun. One is a member but doesn't post. They are both too busy chasin wimmen too hang out with us geezers.
Im 59 so I've been hunting for 47 years. Have two sons 23, and 26. They are both avid hunters, and have been since they could carry a bb gun. One is a member but doesn't post. They are both too busy chasin wimmen too hang out with us geezers.

That's an interesting point. My 31 year old son is a dedicated hunter too but instead of posting he prefers to spend his spare time fishing and hunting. Maybe the trend has less to do with a shortage of younger hunters and more to do with the younger hunters actually living the life.

Age distribution of US hunters has been growing older for a long time. Here are the distributions over the past 20years:

Age     1991    2001     2006

16-17:  4%       4%        6%

18-24:  13%      9%        8%

25-34:  28%     19%      16%

35-44:  24%     27%      25%

45-54:  14%     20%      23%

55-64:   7%      12%      15%

65+   :   8%       9%       9%

Not only are "we" getting older, but we're getting fewer, too:

14million hunters in 1991, 13million in 2001, and 12.5million in 2006. Losing 100,000 every year...

Draw your own conclusions about whether this is good, bad, or neither and if we should be working to recruit new hunters from younger and non-traditional demographics.

I'm 31 for now.

I am 28, but cursed with looking like I am 20. I have been told that it's a good thing, but it's not good professionally when people assume you are either an intern or fresh out of school!

There could be another factor to consider regarding average age of upland, or any hunters. Like me, my son was very much into hunting as a youth. Then interests changed and time was spent in other activities with a new peer group.

Eventually, I came back to hunting at about 30 years of age when my lifestyle changed again. My son is twenty now and does some shooting but still only talks about hunting. I'm pretty sure he'll take it back up to some degree as his lifestyle evolves. Maybe by then I'll have this bird dog training thing worked out and he'll be able to shoot his first grouse over a point. That would be a nice day.

Dogriverfarm
39 -Coming from NJ with limited opportunity to get involved with hunting, I was hooked in college at 18. It was the first week of bird season and my roomate asked if I wanted to go for a quick hunt. It was about a minute in to this little orchard and he flushed and dumped one in front of me. Well I went back to the dorm, figred out where the next hunter safety course was being taught and took it with a bunch of 10 year olds. Hooked since.

56, blessed with very good health, good genetics. My dad is 78

and in very good shape.

He did not hunt last year because of a knee thing. But I think this will be over for this fall.

Mike