REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DLFL

Dove Breast

DLFL

Dove and Wild Rice

1. Fix 100% wild rice as to directions for number of people. Hold warm rice till needed

2. Dice 1 medium tomato, 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 small green bell pepper, and 1/2 stalk of celery

3. Clean asparagus and cook in boiling water w/salt added covering the bottom stalk standing up for 4 minutes. Cool in cold water set aside. Keep water hot.

4 Sauté vegs until soft. Run vegetables through a strainer with back of spoon hold mixture on side

5. Sauté Dove breast seasoned with salt and pepper until desired doneness. ( I like med. rare)

6. Deglaze pan with a red wine. Remove breast and hold on side warm.

7. Add strained vegs. to pan and cook down till it will coat the back of a spoon. Season to taste.

8. Finish asparagus covered by boiling water for two minutes.

9. Spoon veg mixture over surface of plate, put rice to one side with breast leaning on it. Spoon a little sauce over breast. Plate asparagus and serve with red wine.

Of course a small salad and a dessert is also called for.

Dick

That sounds fantastic. I'll bet it would also be great if I substituted snipe. Thanks for passing that one along.

By the way, how long have you been in P.C.? That is my birthplace and today I am just a few counties away.

Skip

DLFL

Skip,

I have been here for 20+ years. Luke is my first bird dog. He is just 5 months old now. Come on over or I can head your way.

Dick