REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ThomGordon

Forum Burnout

PartridgeCartridge

I think marching into someone's home and complaining about the way it is decorated is a good way to get a boot in the ass on your way out of the front door.

JMO

DennisMcFeely
Its supposed to be fun.......

Take it too seriously, and you may be disappointed.

Well said my good-natured friend, well said.

North Dakota Hntr

I hear ya Thom but just like pretty much everything else in life, ya gotta take the bad with the good. I try to ignore the self proclaimed experts or the "My opinion is the only right one" members. I try (I say try) to stay away from those posts , or threads that irritate me or even piss me off. Instead I stay with the many, many more, great and informative threads like most all of yours.

It truly is a great place and even though, at times, I have to wade through the crap, I really enjoy spending time here with all these great folks from all over the country. I have visited many other boards but this is the only one that I frequent. I love this place and thank you Brad.

Tomorrow I'll go hunting with the gun I like, the dog I love, the camera that works for me, whatever shot shell is closest at hand and I'll hunt em the way I want, take whatever pictures I like and, I really don't give a crap what anybody else thinks about that. Then I'll more than likely come back here and share the day with these nice folks. There will be others who share how there day went too and I'll be able to enjoy their stories and photos. I hope yours is one of them Thom!

Craig

valuman

Craig,

Please include some unique landmarks in the photos you post following tomorrow's hunt. I need to add to my database.

Thanks,

v-man

Rex Hoppie
The answer to the eternal question is:  "Gentleman use steel 7's to punch through the grapevines."  (If you don't understand this answer you're a newbie.)

I don't agree.  Steel rusts.

Wingman

Except for a few technical (mainly vet medicine) issues, I don't think it's that difficult to sort good advice from bad advice here; in fact, I think the back-and-forth helps in that regard; that, coupled with a decent degree of civility suggests the board operates pretty well.

That's not to say that everyone will be in agreement on every question (pick your own example) but I think that's also instructive. If people like Mr. Hong or Mr. Hartman do something different from the way I do it in the course of hunting (or BBQ), I may not necessarily change how I do things but it certainly keeps me from falling into a pattern of thinking that "my way is the only right way" of doing whatever it is I'm doing.

As for talking about hunting, it's not the same as hunting. But it doesn't have to be.

Briarscratch

The answer to the eternal question is:  "Gentleman use steel 7's to punch through the grapevines."  (If you don't understand this answer you're a newbie.)

You forgot to mention there is only one TRUE grouse dog sub-breed... which are known for being exceptional arm chair companions.

ThomGordon
Maybe I forgot to mention that the reason I bring it up here is because of the good natured bunch of guys/gals for the most part. Who can discuss a taboo subject openly and freely without it going south. My point is forums in general, not so much Brads. I consider his to be the creme de la creme of Upland/hound hunting forums. Good input so far. I think we all suffer from a little burnout from time to time, I don't know that it hurts acknowledging it.

Missed Again!

This BB is probably the best BB source of info and knowledge on upland game issues of any upland hunting BB.  I do a lot of testifying at Forest Service, BLM, Fish and Game Dept., Fish and Wildlife Service meetings and committee hearings at our legislature on F&G and wildlife conservation issues and commenting to the public agencies.  I don't care how rough and tough the debates get on a BB, they're nothing compared to the real life meetings and hearings.  So commenting and reading on a BB helps me hone and sharpen my opinions and testimony.  Lots of great info comes out of some of the controversial threads.  

BBs, though, require self disciplined time management or anyone can get burned out.  It's also very understandable that some people just want to tell jokes or relax when they visit a BB.  I think that's mostly a matter of picking and choosing topics to read.

ThomGordon

liked your old BB name better

Mother and father gave me this one. I went through a nobody is going to hijack my photos spell awhile back. So I better give my real name for copyright purposes. That didn't last long as I realized I really didn't want the hassel of or degrading the image with a watermark. I have huntin buddies that refer to me as Quill Gordon (Fly fisherman)

steve bernadowicz
Be careful when ya read 'tween the lines. You may put things there that were never intended. With that said, it is Brad's call.   steve b

Hunshatt
I think marching into someone's home and complaining about the way it is decorated is a good way to get a boot in the ass on your way out of the front door.

JMO

what'd you do that your havin to suck up ?

I usually enjoy the boards even if I'm going through "Internet burnout".  Normally, during burnout, I'll just look at pictures or add a few comments to new members or search out post from friends.  It's been a long time since I've been sucked into any "real discussion" that involved, better, best, or my type of, dogs.

And, yes...Brad...you went off "half cocked"...lol

But, who hasn't, here, from time to time.  Also, for what it's worth...I didn't assume Thom meant just this board...and was talking about the whole internet thingy.

And, another thing while I'm at it...I've never once looked at a picture on here or any other board (since were talking about boards in general) and jumped in the truck and drove there.

Brian.

tricker

I have a lab who isn't from an expensive kennel, rock the 35 year old 870 express, use the wrong ammo, probably wrong dog food and CRV and boat aren't the best in the world.  Dog isn't perfectly trained and I've never hunted with anyone else but family.

No one will ever recognize my cover cause is private land.  Good luck finding it.

Nope not worried to be honest.

Hunshatt
No one will ever recognize my cover

you've only got one cover? :oh: ..... poor little guy.... it's so unfair :down: ..........

but look at the bright side.... since you only have a lab, you really only need 1 cover... probably be able to spend all season on that 50 acre patch, and never get thru the whole thing...... :p  :p