REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ThomGordon

Forum Burnout

rattman

I'm burnt out at the present. When I have to crop pictures so someone who already hunts an area wont recognize it, I am through posting PE's. I should not let it get to me but it gets sickining when about every three to four months the same thread pops up about if we should be posting PE's.

Wade,

I think that you are experiencing some well-founded guilt and should be contrite. I have come to understand that, since your African PE (hotspotting), the bird numbers have been decimated. Ominous reports of hordes of tweeded Zulus toting Purdeys, Dicksons and H & R Toppers and filling limits in your obviously revealed locations have become common. (Of note- these hunters prefer SK 1 & M constrictions, WingWorks strap vests and shoot British #5’s). You have ruined Africa for all of us.

Thanks a lot.  :angry:

ratt

mshowman
And, another thing while I'm at it...I've never once looked at a picture on here or any other board (since were talking about boards in general) and jumped in the truck and drove there.

That's a relief, that and knowing you don't like to fish. Now I can share one of my pictures with you since I know you don't have any interest in finding it.

girl8.jpg

Brad Eden

I can't stand Facebook any longer if that counts as internet or forum burnout. Since they last screwed w/the Newsfeed function I lost interest and rarely participate on anything there.

On another note--having run this place for so long I see a pattern develop with members; from the giddyness of discovering an internet playground filled w/kindred souls in what amounts to a niche market; followed by robust participation; then indignation at the strict moderating; and culminating in them retiring from their jobs and having too much time on their hands and becoming a huge pain in my ass. :oops:

DennisMcFeely
culminating in them retiring from their jobs and having too much time on their hands and becoming a huge pain in my ass. :oops:

Tim and Dave retired?

Trappercase

The following has nothing to do with my observations of this BB but more as a entrepreneur, but this just popped into my head.

Sometimes it's good to find out that your doughnuts are stale.

Ben Hong

Then let them eat the hole!! :devil:

tricker
The following has nothing to do with my observations of this BB but more as a entrepreneur, but this just popped into my head.

Are you sorta thinking of the other BB that we were a part of with that comment?

Hunshatt

indignation at the strict moderating

no clint...... pisses me off almost daily..... :devil:

Crazy Horse

"and culminating in them retiring from their jobs and having too much time on their hands and becoming a huge pain in my ass. "

And Brad used to be such a nice guy.....;~)

Steve Hunts
My 2 cents is that forum burnout is more about what we are personally feeling at a given point in time than about the forums themselves. No doubt, UJ is the best of it's kind. Now please limit your PE photos to any states other than Montana. Thank You.   :D

UplandHntr

go troll around some of the really crappy forums and Im sure youll find this one to be in a class of its own.

This is still a classy site!!

I just wish I could find more time to get out and meet others from UJ. Keep the bow pointed in the right direction and this wont change.

Chukarchaser

As a new member I'd like to get up on the table and say how great the coffee is and how fresh and unique the donuts are. I recently left another donut shop that was mostly opinion and random questions. Talk about burnout.

I spend 99.9% of the time I spend here on the bird hunting forum. That's why I'm here. That's what I love. Happened to stumble onto this one today. The only other forums I visit are the photo and essay ones.

For me this place is all about the p/e's and photos posted by the members ( and not for hotspotting either!). The photos and writing here are way better than the mags I've subscribed to ( and subsequently dropped). There is some amazing talent here.

There are also more chukar hunters here than anywhere else I've been. That shows the board has toughness and character. The jousting amongst the Grouse Boys ain't bad either.

Buddy Knox

As my old buddy Clint Eastwood once said, "A man's got to know his limitations."

The actual, physical, real world friends I've made as a result of being here on the BB has been well worth the price of admission.

I think I have learned to ignore the posts on strap vests, shot size, and which is the better breed.   Instead I look for the golden apple posts that teach me something new, introduce me to another point of view, or (shudder) might make me another friend.

I, for one, love this old donut shoppe.

of course, that's only my opinion.

bk

ThomGordon
My 2 cents is that forum burnout is more about what we are personally feeling at a given point in time than about the forums themselves. No doubt, UJ is the best of it's kind. Now please limit your PE photos to any states other than Montana. Thank You.   :D

Your right. I can't seem to get into a zone, one that allows me to relax and take it all in like I use to. To many distractions & not necessarily a forums fault but one of my own. Something is missing and I can't quite seem to put a finger on it. I think I'll try vodka the next go around.

SODAKer
Based on the number of views that this thread has generated, I don't see any evidence of internet burnout. :D