REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
redrockin7

Any ghost or paranormal people here?

spinster

She's working with Ryan Buell's group- the Paranormal Research Society?

I think it is standard practice that to get rid of a ghost/demon one needs some kind of religious ceremony.

Doesn't sound like the place is a healthy environment for sensitive people. If moving is an option, I'd recommend taking it.

At any rate, PRS seems to be experienced and hopefully what they recommend will work.

Talon1
I had a friend that had some serious activity in his house, to the point that it was scary. He had his house blessed by a minister and has never had any issues since.

redrockin7
I had a friend that had some serious activity in his house, to the point that it was scary. He had his house blessed by a minister and has never had any issues since.

Well, this is good to know... she's working on that and hopefully that will fix her up.

If not, she probably would not rule out moving, but is trying anything else first.

Talon1

Make sure that there are no activities going on in the house that would invite bad spirits to be there either.

Not assuming anything, just saying....

valuman

You mean things like out of state hunters of the ruffled grouses dropping in for the night with flasks and tailgate bar sets full of brown liquor?

:oh:

Talon1
Yes. Exactly what I was talking about. I don't think any minister or priest can remove that type of haunting though.

PartridgeCartridge
Nor should they.

Chris Raymond
Take a look to the left of the fireplace in this house we bought this summer. For now we are going with "guardian angel".  :D

Lostlakehouse012.jpg

Yeah, but what about the Nazi eagle right above the fireplace?  ;-)

ScottGrush
Yeah, but what about the Nazi eagle right above the fireplace?  ;-)

That's a grouse.  :D

We named this place the the Grouse House in its honor.

B du B

What if the ghosts were Buddhist?  Would they not have left?

charlo slim

Freaky stuff.  

I do find the Penn State paranormal people and their emphasis on the religious rituals interesting.  Doesn't quite fit the standard university research stereotype.

So.... is there an implication that an existing academic program at Pennsylvania State University investigates paranormal activities or events?  Any references or links?

Thanks.

charlo slim

...... he said that you will not experience ghosts or talk to them unless you are a believer....

That is a really interesting view when you think about it a bit, isn't it?

spinster

Basically the Penn State group was a student group...not faculty. They had a reality based show on A&E called Paranormal State: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal_State

The original group, led by Ryan Buell, graduated, left the program, and have a group called the Paranormal Research Society.

Not many universities are studying parapsychology these days: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parapsychology

Peterson

Penn State Paranormal Research was a student organization, I don't think there was an official association with the university other than it was staffed by Penn State students.  

The name changed to Paranormal Research Society, I believe around the time the student that started it graduated.  

Look for reruns of the show Paranormal State, it was the show that followed them around for a couple of years.

Downtown Bang!
Penn State Paranormal Research was a student organization, I don't think there was an official association with the university other than it was staffed by Penn State students.  

The name changed to Paranormal Research Society, I believe around the time the student that started it graduated.  

Look for reruns of the show Paranormal State, it was the show that followed them around for a couple of years.

OK. Makes more sense now.