REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
redrockin7

Any ghost or paranormal people here?

GB Jack

Isn't it interesting that these type of things/subjects always pop up right around Halloween?

There is a reason for that too I'm afraid...

God Bless,

please explain, i want to learn

id love to hear some of your experiences, my college football coaches father was a pastor in southern canada, he told me one story once that was so unbelieveable , it changed my world view forever, and reiterated my faith in GOD, and angels

WI Outdoor Nut

Some interesting comments here.  I will tell you, I never really thought about ghost until I had something happen to me.  I was a freshman at college and had many very strange things happen in my dorm room.  A few nights, every time I was getting frisky with my girlfriend, weird stuff would happen.  Once the curtains blew up, but the window was closed.  Another time the stereo turned on.  The TV all of a sudden started to turn channels.  There was a time when the TV turned on to MTV (which I know was not the last channel I was watching) and it was a Aerosmith Video where the girl is jumping off the bridge.  Just as she was jumping, the curtains again flew up in my room, but the window was closed.  

I had a book fly across the room while studing one night.  Had my small fan crash into the wall.  One time I couldn't find my room key, and there it was on my dresser, standing straight up on end with all my junk moved around it.  

It was really starting to bother my study habits and had a hard time sleeping.  I spoke with my parents about it, and my mother called the college to find out if I could get a different room.  My mother kept digging, to find out a girl hung herself in that same room 20 years eariler.  I also ran into someone who lived in that room 2 years earlier and they had all sorts of stories.  

I had enough and asked the ghost to please leave me alone.  Never had another issue.  So prior to all this, I won't say I didn't believe in ghosts, but after this, I certainly do.

GB Jack
thats creepy, and exactly what im talking about, suicides, untimely death always seem to have trouble passing over, for whatever reason, love to here the pastors view on that

spinster
I have heard that one can invite trouble by playing around with an ouija board or tarot cards. Obviously, dabbling with the occult, even in play, can invite harm.

tmoneysju
there sure are some creepy things going on in this thread

I know a farmer who has went though 3 hired men. The house he has for them is haunted. They would come home at night and all the kit cabinets would be open, knowing they were closed when they left. Also at night they would hear a little girl in the hall and they had no kids.CREEPY!!!

Dakota Dogman

Kinda like going into a fight with a grizzly bear... may have to do it, but nothing you want to look for.  Then again, when correctly armed not to be fully scared of either I guess...

Oct. 31 is to me Halloween; the night we dressed up as kids, went out trick-or-treating, ate too much candy, went to school dances, whatever.  Good time had by all.  

That is what it is to me.

To me, Christmas is an important holiday... it is the day we celebrate Jesus birth (we don't know what date it happened on of course, but it doesn't really matter, this is the day we have chosen to celebrate it.)  

To other people Christmas is a day they get off of work, give gifts, see family, and eat a great meal.

Same holiday, but it means differnt things to different people, and we celebrate it in different ways.

In the same way, Oct. 31 means different things to different groups of people.  For some, it is an important night in their worship.  Odd as it sounds there are those who absolutely do worship the devil on this night; many different ways, but in hard core circles it can and does include sacrifices... often animal but can be up to and including human.

Before you say "IMPOSSIBLE" couple things to recognize, 1st) there are still "undersireable & unaccounted for" individuals with in society.  So at times hobos, wino's, homeless etc. have been invited to "party" with a "figure" that won't be turned down and haven't come back.  2nd) perhaps more common, pre-born children (fetus, whatever term you prefer) are considered fully human and acceptable sacrifice... ie abortion.

No - not saying every abortion or every abortion doctor, not accusing anyone; PLEASE do not read more into it than what I am saying... Just that in some / certain cases on this night abortions have / are done as a legal human sacrifice.  

So in the "spiritual world" there is more than average activity that occures on Oct. 31; has for years; more worship leads to more paranormal occurances... build up in anticipation.

Then on the other side; this is the night we prepare ourselves to be freaked out; watch scary movies; dress like zombies; and rather enjoy the "innocent side of horror"... in anticipation for such a night we tell ghost stories.  

Makes for a curious combination.

God Bless,

Dakota Dogman
I have heard that one can invite trouble by playing around with an ouija board or tarot cards. Obviously, dabbling with the occult, even in play, can invite harm.

I suppose the correct term would be empowering.  There are "rules to the game"; no I don't even pretend to know them all.

Basically though, it appears that before a demon can pull an "amnityville horror" he has to acheive authority.

Probably will make small invitations (small things getting moved, innocent manifestations, etc.), and when they are accepted, move to a slightly larger invitation.  The process continues as the demon is granted recognition it is empowered to do more.  

Then again if they are rebuffed at the start (or as someone suggested, asked to "leave me alone") they will probably back down.  I personally do not even attempt to deal with them based upon any power / authority of my own.  I talk to "my Boss" and ask Him to deal with them.  They MUST respect Him.  

I have found that a person who is seriously in a relationship with Jesus Christ will not face the same level of in your face attack, and as I said before, when they do come at you the "bounce" (don't know a better word for it).  

Their largest goal is not to freak you out but to gain your confidence and be allowed to manifest more power... in the end seeking worship.

Once power has been granted it is harder to get them to back down.  Yes dabbling with something like a ouija board can grant them power.  They do not like to reliquish authority once given.  Better to never give them a foothold.

God Bless,

Dakota Dogman
thats creepy, and exactly what im talking about, suicides, untimely death always seem to have trouble passing over, for whatever reason, love to here the pastors view on that

Just my world view...

Often suicides are the result of depression.

Demons love to cause depression.

Demons love to see "good people loose"... commit suicide

I believe the spirit of the deceased is gone to its home, but demons love to brag... so when they have a victory, they will re-live it for all who will listen.

I'm at my sisters house so I'm out for the night.

God  Bless,

Iver

Sorry I did not read the whole thread...

Interesting, but fwiw:   don't rely on baptism, rely on real-estate broker and Holiday Inn or relatives in until sold.

WI Outdoor Nut

Dakota Dogman - This might be making more sence to me now than it did 15 years ago.  When I had this expereince happen to me in my dorm room, I was going through a period of time when Christ was not part of my daily life.  My mother, who is very religious, pushed it on us (my simblings) very hard through our youth, to a point most of us when we had the chance, moved away from religion.  The first few incidents, I did nothing, but freak out.  This makes me wonder if I was suspetable (nothing every happened to my roommate).  I was probably into the whole ordeal a few months when I had enough and ask her (assuming) to leave me alone.  And then never had another incident.  

I have since embrassed Christ back into my life and overall am a much better person because of it.  Since college, nothing has ever happened that I can't explain (and I am a scientist, so I like things explained!).  

Many times I have wanted to go back to my old room and who ever was living there, ask if they had anything odd happen to them.  But then again, a guy in his upper 30's going into a dorm room is a little creepy on its own.

charlo slim
Some of the evil people causing many of these problems sound alot like witches to me.  Couldn't we just burn or hang them and be done with it?

Shadow

interesting reading here-

non believers would be interested to hear about what happened in our house some years back

wife and 2 kids don't really want to talk about it-

college dorm room- interesting

4 of us wrestlers were roomed together- Russ was a top wrestler- he was having a dream- all sorts of sounds and movement- woke us up- he seemed to be struggling with something- we sort of chuckled-

he seemed to be lifted off the bed- dragged/floating sort of

we didn't realize our second story window was open untill his head and upper body was in the window-

we thought he was going to jump- grabbed him by the legs- dang but he was strong- in the wild excitement we noticed his arms were wide and something like a holler/scream muffled

three of us barely kept him from going out that window

we all went to another dorm room-

that morning Russ didn't believe it- said we were making it up

I've never been afraid to be in a cemetary late in the dark-

but I'm willing and ready to run- can tell some good stories-

prefer to tell them when it's pitch dark and away someplace quiet-

sort of do believe some can call down some somthings sometimes

I believe very strongly in God- has saved me a time or two-

ones who don't believe- I prefer to stay way away from

that quigie (weegie board, however you spell it)

don't even want to talk about- my sister had a slumber party way back and someone brought one

just asking for trouble when you play with those type things

V-John
Isn't it interesting that these type of things/subjects always pop up right around Halloween?

There is a reason for that too I'm afraid...

God Bless,

please explain, i want to learn

id love to hear some of your experiences, my college football coaches father was a pastor in southern canada, he told me one story once that was so unbelieveable , it changed my world view forever, and reiterated my faith in GOD, and angels

And, I too would love to hear the story of the college football coach's father...

V-John
Stupid double post.