Any ghost or paranormal people here?

I would move, the house was not built on a Indian grave yard was it?

Chuck

Two theories were given to my sister by some people she talked to... Indian graveyard was one. She lives in the Susquehanna Valley, so I guess there were Susquehannock Indians there at some point....

The other background she got (b/c the house is not that old, its about a 10-15 year old town house), was that back in the day a rich old guy owned a huge farm where the townhouse structure (and surrounding) is. He was a weird guy who had very few friends, despite being well off. Potentially "weird" to people b/c he had a thing for little people?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redrockin7

• Dakota Dogman

• GB Jack

• PartridgeCartridge

Was that real Grush? Not a photoshop....

That is kind of freaky... alien/ghost and the wings above the fireplace; nuts. Nothing weird happening there yet, you are probably fine...

Was that real Grush? Not a photoshop....

That is kind of freaky... alien/ghost and the wings above the fireplace; nuts. Nothing weird happening there yet, you are probably fine...

No photoshop. That's a pic I took of the living room before we bought the place, I did not notice the "unique wood grain" in that paneling until I downloaded the pic at home.

I have lived in 2 houses that I call haunted. One was pretty benign. She (we called her Henrietta) would roll a soda can, from the landing, down the basement stairs. She would also leave dimes in places we knew had been wiped clean. We always asked her to leave dollar bills but no luck on that.

The other one freaked me out BAD. The first experience I had I was walking from my bedroom to the top of the stairs, all the hair on my body went straight and and I was suddenly out of my mind with fear. I took the 14 stairs in two strides and turned for a fight. Nothing there. Now I embarrassed myself. So I started back up the stairs thinking to myself that I must have looked like a four year old girl. I got half way up and my body and mind started freaking out again so I called it a night and slept on the couch. That happened two times to me about a week apart. I thought I was going goofy then my old dog started sitting at the bottom of the stairs on alert and barking up the stairs. I tried to force her up the stairs and she let me know that no way in hell I was going to get her up there. From there on that was how I knew what nights I was going to be on the couch.

I mentioned it to the neighbor and found out that the lady who lived there before had been an alcoholic and had died in that room.

Damn right I believe.

tartanshooter

The most glaring and important, yes, critical response is to have your nephew Baptized, now! and have your sister referred for psychiatric therapy. I mean that with the greatest humility and respect, and pray that it is accepted in that light; and if not, then please ignore, but don't forget the Baptism.

Yes Satan is running amok, but positively can not harm a righteous person.

Dick

The most glaring and important, yes, critical response is to have your nephew Baptized, now! and have your sister referred for psychiatric therapy. I mean that with the greatest humility and respect, and pray that it is accepted in that light; and if not, then please ignore, but don't forget the Baptism.

Yes Satin is running amok, but positively can not harm a righteous person.

Dick

I agree with the baptism...

Why would my sister need a psychiatric therapist? If you were being serious and not just joking that she is 'crazy for living in that house'...

I worked as a night watchman at Crater Lake Lodge.  The very upstairs used to be a dorm for employees.  The rumor was that it was shut down after a murder and lots of ghost reports.  I had to go to the bottom of the stairs every hour and check it out.  That place really creeped me out.  

I always chalked it up to an overactive imagination, but I heard sounds up there every night and my hair always stood on end when I was there.  I was creeped to be there during the day, but not as much.  

Another house I lived in was really weird.  We always heard very clear and distinct footsteps across the upstairs floor.  You could hear if someone was walking around up there, and there was the sound of steps and walking when nobody was upstairs.  It happened all the time, but that was the only thing.  It was very clear and exactly like the steps a heavy person would make from one end of the house to the other and back.  As that was the only thing we just joked about it.  

I would get the F out of that house and never go back.  No amount of monetary loss would justify staying.

Dick

Satin? A fine choice of paint when one doesn't want the full gloss or flat. Should Redrockin refer his sis to a psychiatrist because the toddler isn't baptized?

Redrockin7, your sister should probably just move.

As I'm from Missouri, right now I believe I could spend a night in that house without incident. That said, a little over kill never hurts. I believe I would also try to get some religious input on this one. Maybe ask the local parish priest to dinner and ask him to bring a little holy water for a home blessing. Baptism for the child ASAP!
LostintheOzone

When I was about 15 I used to hike the creek bottom and hills near our house by myself. I used to carry a 22 rifle and shoot rabbits or look for arrowheads. Lots of both near the creek bed. There was one hill that I learned to  avoid. Three times I went there and everytime I felt there was someone unseen there with me. I asked my BIL to go along one time to get his impression. He liked unexplained/spooky stuff and spent a lot of time talking about it. I didn't tell him which hill but when we crossed it he stopped and said this is the place. He said someone had probably met a violent death there, possibly a battle ground of some sort. The area had a history of Apaches, whites and Mexicans mixing it up in the 1800's. It didn't scare him but it scared the crap out of me and I never set foot there again.  

These kind of things exsist. Some people sense them more than others. I guess I'm a believer because of that experience and I don't like being around it. I'm outa there.

Jim

My Ex inlaws place was built in 1604, they believe they have a female ghost living with them, they have a name for her and believe her benevolent.  They do have unexplained things happen in the cottage, we even left the ghost, at my mother in laws request, a wedding invitation when we got married.

I tend to be a non-believer, but there are things that happen that defy logic.

tartanshooter

Dick

I agree with the baptism...

Why would my sister need a psychiatric therapist? If you were being serious and not just joking that she is 'crazy for living in that house'...

I don't joke when someone is hurting, and is in obvious pain.

She needs sympathy, understanding, help and support from loved ones.

I don't believe in haunted houses.

I do believe in (magnetic, electromagnetic, electrical, gravitational, sonic, etc.) force, and what's happening in that house has a scientific explanation.

1st. task would be to make a pass with a magnetometer.

Dick

Downtown Bang!

Freaky stuff.  

I do find the Penn State paranormal people and their emphasis on the religious rituals interesting.  Doesn't quite fit the standard university research stereotype.