REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
redrockin7

Upland-related presents?!

redrockin7

So, yeah, Christmas/X-Mas/Holiday isn't for a few days yet, but some presents have already started to show up under my tree and/or have purchased myself some "Upland" related gifts in the past couple weeks. Figured I'd start a thread so everyone can drop in pictures of their goodies as they get them. I'm sure there is more for me in the wrapped gifts, but here's a few I know of already.

This nice picture showed up last night. Guess my wife is tired of wrapping. Too bad it's not a grouse in the photo, but very nice none-the-less:

OneonOne.jpg

I got this for myself a week or so ago, 16 ga M37. I consider it a Christmas present to myself:

Ithaca3716ga-1956-1.jpg

And though this little girl won't be home for Christmas, she's officially all mine and I'm sure she's being spoiled by Bruce and his family over these holidays:

Sassy8.jpg

More to come... anyone else getting as lucky, or luckier, than me?

I'm feeling truly blessed this Christmas. I have a very understanding wife and other family. Not sure they can fathom, but obviously are accepting of, this new and truly addictive hobby of mine. Especially to let a GSP puppy join our fold when we just got an unruly Jack Russell last year around this time. I've been hunting for years, but this "Upland" and "Gundog" thing just takes it to another level... Really looking forward to next year, but treasuring the holidays with those I love and treat me so well!

12ette

I got myself a pair of 16" Maine Hunting Shoes to replace boots that had at last given up the ghost.

No pictures yet but in March I will be picking up another AWS.  This is bitter sweet though.

Hillhaven09

This was an early christmas present to myself, and considering the fact that my list was completely grouse related I am sure there will be more.  Great looking pup

My AYA #2  20ga with a bird

Photobucket

redrockin7
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice....

mshowman

I really don't know but will be surprised if it doesn't happen.

Wednesday night I went to the Ford dealership and bought myself a gift that can be used in the uplands...or at least to get to the uplands. My wife said after that purchase that any other gifts I might have been getting are going back.

I took my staff to lunch today and they gave me a battery powered chainsaw. Not exactly upland but it should make the clearing of shooting paths easier.

Briarscratch
Wednesday night I went to the Ford dealership and bought myself a gift that can be used in the uplands...or at least to get to the uplands. My wife said after that purchase that any other gifts I might have been getting are going back.

Same boat only a few weeks early.

photo.jpg

If you can't get there, you can't hunt.

Hunshatt
And though this little girl won't be home for Christmas, she's officially all mine and I'm sure she's being spoiled by Bruce and his family over these holidays:

Sassy8.jpg

a GSP puppy

:oh: I thought GSP's were mostly white.....  :devil:

nice looking little girrrrrl :love: ... congrats on all the loot....

fuess

I am getting a shadow box with a fan.

Dropped off a bird to the taxidermist.

And, 2 cases of Guiness and a bottle of BlackBush.

Other than that, a house full of guests for Xmas eve and Xmas day!

Let the holidays begin, it will be a wonderful Christmas!!

Peterson

Brad sent me a sticker

That will be about it, I may stick my UJ hat in my stocking and act surprised.

Pomoxis

I  gave my girl and myself one last hunt before Christmas

2011-12-23_15-04-17_250.jpg

GB Jack

My wife found this gem!

She even found one with an English stock FROM beretta!

I'm pumped

5bc80da0.jpg

redrockin7

How is the blackbush? Almost picked up a bottle today at the likker store while waiting for 'chinese food' to be done... Didn't get it though b/c the line was to the back of the store and starting to circle...  :down:

redrockin7
I  gave my girl and myself one last hunt before Christmas

2011-12-23_15-04-17_250.jpg

Better than anything money can buy, IMO...

fuess

How is the blackbush? Almost picked up a bottle today at the likker store while waiting for 'chinese food' to be done... Didn't get it though b/c the line was to the back of the store and starting to circle...  :down:

New found favorite, came highly recommended from a friend, and it did not disapoint!

Hunshatt
My wife found this gem!

She even found one with an English stock FROM beretta!

I'm pumped

5bc80da0.jpg

didn't you just sell one of those?