REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
redrockin7

Upland-related presents?!

gunsrus
I  gave my girl and myself one last hunt before Christmas

2011-12-23_15-04-17_250.jpg

Priceless !! Hope to do the same next week .

bmeador

I got a VERY unexpected bonus from work soooo...  A new Quillomene vest, my first 20 guage (Tristar O/U), case of shells, beeper collar, new chest protector, 5 pair of sox, a lt. weight blaze fleece coat.  And I've still got a little left over.  Man, it is nice being single...

Oh yeah - I built a new homer loft!

Cold Iron

I decided to stimulate the economy of Wisconsin in the spirit of sharing. So I purchased 5 pairs of Allen Edmonds shoes and boots including 2 of Cordovan leather. I'll admit that I do have a weakness for horse hide.

Dalton Limited edition made of Cordovan in Walnut, don't think they will see much field time though:

DSC00560.jpg

A customer posted this picture on the AE site and I just had to get them too, Bison leather:

yuma.jpg

redrockin7
Nice boots!  :O

Curt

I don't normally get many upland hunting related gifts at Christmas time, the Christmas of 1992 was a notable exception.  On Dec. 23rd that year my wife presented me with this guy.  'Jack' was a head strong puppy who eventually became the best hunting dog I ever had the pleasure to share my home with.  We were lucky to have him for 15 years and 2 months.  So far I haven't had a Christmas gift that compares, likely never will.  Here he is at 9 weeks and again at 4 years old.  I know it's a poor picture, I'll have to take a better one when I get around to it.

Jack-1.jpg

DennisMcFeely
I got myself one of Crazy Horse's fancy engraved whistles.  It's a beauty.

charlo slim
Lookin' like Jr and I will be getting 5 weeks of quail season in western OK.  Shootable pop levels remain to be seen.  But he will get some pointing anyway, the black rat will get some training, and I'll take it out on geese and feral hogs if BWQ pops are scant as expected.

redrockin7

Couple more small ones from today...

I think this book might be one of my favorites.

IMG_7522.jpg

IMG_7523.jpg

IMG_7531.jpg

Almost Heaven GSP's

I was VERY pleasantly surprised today, to find Craig Koshyk's book "Pointing Dogs Vol. 1", as well as Ben O. Williams "Hunting the Quails of North America", "Wingshooting Wisdom Prairie" and an Upland Themed puzzle under the tree.

None of these were expected, as I had pretty well forgone the idea of anything for my Wife and I, being more concerned with gifts for the girls and my parents and quite content with being able to sneak out for a few Grouse hunts for my holiday.

The biggest surprise and a HUGE THANX goes to my wonderful Wife and Craig for getting a copy of his book under our tree. Being quite avid in the study of Gun Dogs, their History and all things related; I've amassed a small collection of very difficult to find, or very authoritative books on the subject. That said, I've glossed over Craig's book since it's release, always putting it off due to needing to place my hard earned money to more important endeavors for the business. Jen, after watching me gloss over the book one final time this past week, took it upon herself to call Craig and find a way to get it for me. Craig, having already made his last trip to ship out his books for the Season, made some calls and was able to get me a copy shipped down with nary a minute to spare.

I think I may need to take Jen out for a nice dinner, as well as find something very special she'll enjoy.

Craig,

If you should read this, THANK YOU for all you did for Jen, to insure she was able to place this under the tree for me. I've already read the chapter on Shorthairs and found it to be every bit as accurate and enjoyable as I expected from all of the previews, with absolutely wonderful pictures. I may have to ship it up to you some day after reading through it a few times for your Autograph! VERY WELL DONE SIR!

redrockin7
Pretty awesome Bruce... I need to get me a copy of Craig's book too. Looks pretty awesome and love his blog...

Peterson

Well, I've got a good shine on anyway, does that count as an upland present?

I may do some shotgun shopping next week.

KYWindage

I have been a bird hunter and a dog man for so long, that there are very few acutriments I truly want or need. That saying, I lost my Bushnell BackTrack this fall in Wisconsin and my bride replaced it with a new one under the tree this morning. It is the original model, not the new updated one, just as I wanted.

A sister in law also gave me 3 boxes of Remington .22 shorts for my Browning .22 short walkin around rifle.

I am a happy man!

dvmweb
I got a new pair Of slippers, Cabelas, elk, lined, very nice. Old ones had holes in the bottoms. And, to talk to all of my children and grandchildren. And! I got to take the dogs out for a bit. Good day.

River19

Didn't need any upland or hunting related gear....."need" ; "want" is another story.  So this year was a sweet score of Craftsman Mechanics tools and toolchest and some biking gear.....which will be nice come May.

A couple food related books, another Ibex item to add to the winter clothes rotation.

Good gifts.....

Still haven't exhanged gifts with the inlaws yet, too busy feeding our faces on Christmas Eve.

I hope everyone had a good holiday.

Steve