REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
mobeasto123

What is your favorite Scotch/ whiskey

mshowman
I was out of booze and looking for a buzz so I even tried mixing it and ruined a glass of Coke with it.

I had that same experience with a Scotch blend called Passport. Spilled some on the floor and had to sweep up dead cockroaches the next morning.

Bloodhound

I am only a little picky when it comes to my whisky...

Scotch

Famous Grouse

Johnny Walker (I like the Black the best, but Red is fine)

Glenfiddich (My expensive choice)

Bourbon

Makers Mark

Makers 46

Buffalo Trace

4 Roses

Colorado Whiskey

Stranahans

shoot-straight
how people can drink hard liquor after a hunt is beyond me. im a beer man. give me a cold beer, and a gatorade. im usually exhausted after a day in the woods.

BigHink66
I suppose it helps when you have to hook up with you  big ankled  local Wi women  

that pretty much sums it up I guess

It's looking more and more like a big ankled woman is in my future, not that there's anything wrong with that. It seems the hot, skinny ones have all figured out that I'm fat, short and broke :down:  

I do like Jameson 18 also. I figure I should contribute something other than pure GA to the thread...

Its all pink.

Heavy women are very grateful.

macleod8052
Talisker is my favorite. But I am a McCaskill...a little bit biased but I am a fan of the smoky and peaty island scotches.

valuman

Bourbon- Woodford Reserve

Scotch- Talisker

mobeasto123
In the last weeks I have Adopted the Redbreast 12. For the Price it's hard to beat.. Nice flask filler and Gut Warmer !!!

BlueMtn
Another vote for Redbreast 12.

northern_hunting_mom
The scotch selection in my small town liquor store is poor. I just bought a bottle of 12yr Strathisla and I like it. I grabbed a warm glass from the dishwasher and added a bit of water, the little bit of heat is a nice touch. A hint of smoke, light on the peat so its a good scotch for beginners IMO.

GB Jack
Not that I can afford to drink it regularly, but johny walker blue, I will be bringing some to wades cabin come this October

kdvollmer
Not that I can afford to drink it regularly, but johny walker blue, I will be bringing some to wades cabin come this October

by some do you mean a couple of the airline size bottles?   I tried the "blue" a few years back and found it a bit smoky for my taste.  Maybe under a different circumstance.  I'll try it again before I shell out the $$ for a big bottle for home.

Fin2Feather

Highland Park is my current favorite, after being a Glenlivet guy for many years.  My pay grade limits the single malts to special occasions or at least weekends (actually it probably has more to do with my level of consumption).  For everyday stuff it's usually Teachers or Ballantine's.  Never was a fan of Famous Grouse but I picked up a bottle of Black Grouse and do like it; nice peaty aroma and flavor with a smooth heather-honey finish.  It's  a little more expensive than the other mid-levels but I might have to steal the extra out of my lunch money.

I've drunk most of them at one time or another from the cheapest to the best, and I never found one I absolutely couldn't drink until I tried Cutty Sark.  It was on sale one week and I made the mistake of picking up a bottle.  I've still got it with only two drinks out of it if anyone wants it; I drank the second one just to confirm it was really as bad as I thought.  It was.

Hunshatt
I never found one I absolutely couldn't drink until I tried Cutty Sark.  It was on sale one week and I made the mistake of picking up a bottle.  I've still got it with only two drinks out of it if anyone wants it; I drank the second one just to confirm it was really as bad as I thought.  It was.

hahahaha... got a bottle like that..... Glenrothes  12.... had to leave it at Craig d's place .. so bad I don't think even he's drank it in my absence, unlike the bottles of good wine I leave there  :glare:

Craig Doherty
I never found one I absolutely couldn't drink until I tried Cutty Sark.  It was on sale one week and I made the mistake of picking up a bottle.  I've still got it with only two drinks out of it if anyone wants it; I drank the second one just to confirm it was really as bad as I thought.  It was.

hahahaha... got a bottle like that..... Glenrothes  12.... had to leave it at Craig d's place .. so bad I don't think even he's drank it in my absence, unlike the bottles of good wine I leave there  :glare:

I keep trying to give it away, but hate having to clean up when people spit it out all over the kitchen.  I was thinking about using it to remove the rest of the finish on my project gun.  :p

UplandKS

It's not Scotch, but I enjoy it.

20121225_191152.jpg