What is your favorite Scotch/ whiskey

mobeasto123

Well,  looking at my username it is obvious what my preference is.  Beyond that,  my Llewellin Setter's FDSB name is Sir Parker of Laphroaig.  Be forewarned,  you need to have your big boy pants on before drinking it as is.  Talisker is a close second.  These are not for the faint of heart.  Very smoky, peaty.  BTW SCOTCH is only produced in Scotland, I believe.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• Hillhaven09

• mshowman

when did you get a bird dawg? Wade said all you had was a meat grinder with 4 legs and bad breath

I laughed so hard I choked reading that.  :laugh:

But, you rat bastard, I never said that.  :glare:  For the record, Zoya's a bird finding machine.

Oh yea:  JW Blue , The Macallan 18, and Famous Grouse

hummmmmm... let me see if I can find the post where you talk about little  Frankies dog bringing back the bird with out any tail feathers... or  you having to fight to get it from the pup.....

ohhhh you meant Frank had the bad breath.... sorry :down:

Personally I prefer whatever GunsRus brings to camp...... on those rare occasions he's invited     :devil:

Laphroaig Quarter Cask ..........hmmm.... wonder what it tastes like ?  Never got to it .....too much American Honey  :upside: . Maybe a trip to NE Mass is in order ! :angry:

My favorite depends on the day, the weather, my mood and what direction the wind is blowing. Then again, sometimes I just reach in and pull something out.

liquorcabinet.jpg

Does the Kraken sneak up and bite you? Sink your ship in deep water???

It's power is legendary.

Mine are simple:

Glinlevit

Glenmorangie

Highland Park

macallan 16

Johnny Black

Royal Salute

All those are a tossup for me... likely HP is #1 with Glinlevit and Royal Salute in second

Makers mark

Buffalo Trace (and its more rare high % bottelings)

Wild Turkey Rare Breed

My burbon taste is also varried....  The bottles of BT and its other offerings keep me busy.

I must also add that I am inclined to mix up certain things (Drinks) with good ole Canadian Club once in a great while.....

Well,  looking at my username it is obvious what my preference is.  Beyond that,  my Llewellin Setter's FDSB name is Sir Parker of Laphroaig.  Be forewarned,  you need to have your big boy pants on before drinking it as is.  Talisker is a close second.  These are not for the faint of heart.  Very smoky, peaty.  BTW SCOTCH is only produced in Scotland, I believe.

Agreed, you need to man up for Laphroaig.

I have some at home, my wife says I smell like I've ben around cigerette smoke after I drink it.  Translated, it's not your night. :oh:

hummmmmm... let me see if I can find the post where you talk about little  Frankies dog bringing back the bird with out any tail feathers... or  you having to fight to get it from the pup.....

ohhhh you meant Frank had the bad breath.... sorry :down:

I have explained this, Wade shot the feathers off and there is never a problem getting the bird from her.  The problem is if she is uncaged in the car and the birds are there with her, she occasionally gets hungry. :)

this was never a problem until Wade let the dogs have a piece of grouse picatta. :glare:

Thought it was interesting, I got a phone call from a friend who "lurks" here once in a while asking me what the other Buffalo Trace items were and thought perhaps I wouls list them.  They are:

Sazerac Rye (18 yrs)

Eagle Rare (rye recipe Burbon

George T Stagg (unfiltered, uncut  142.6 proof)

I am a bit stuck on their stuff as I am stuck on 1986 Diamond Mtn Ranch Cab.

It always surprises me that when these threads come up no one mentions one of the absolute best blends out there; Haig & Haig Pinch.

It can be a little hard to find, but if you do pick up a bottle and give it a try.