Stanley Cup Round 2

I really don't see how round 2 can be better than round 1. I hope it is better though. Either way, I am looking forward to some really good hockey. It does seem the officials have things figured out somewhat.

Any predictions?

Oh yeah...almost forgot...LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Avent

• Ben Hong

• ep3

• gselkhunter

Based on the results of Rd1,

In the East: Rangers over the Caps. By a millimeter of difference between the goaltenders.

The Devils will beat the Flyers. Brodeur vs Bryz? No contest.

In the West, Nashville will triumph,  as will  the Blues.

Again, I will reiterate my call that Nashville could go all the way and claim the Cup if they can beat the Blues.

The Cup will be won by the west this year.

I really don't see how round 2 can be better than round 1. I hope it is better though. Either way, I am looking forward to some really good hockey. It does seem the officials have things figured out somewhat.

Any predictions?

Oh yeah...almost forgot...LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!

Tom, it does get better as your team goes deeper into the playoffs, but the downside is that the fall is tougher too.  

Predictions:

2nd round predictions

St. Louis over LA in 5.  Hitch has that team playing well.  A deep bench and a 2-headed goalie monster.  It will be a physical, rough and tumble series.  Maybe the one I am most interested in watching.  

Nashville over Phoenix in 4.  I know I just jinxed the Preds, but the sun is setting on the desert dogs.  Renne is just to tough and Phoenix doesn't have the scoring depth.  The Phoenix players should use the extra time to practice their french as they be in Quebec City next year.

Flyers over the Devils in 6.  I just threw-up a little in my mouth.  The Flyers are too deep and Danny Briere(yes he invented pink) is having another big postseason.

Rangers over Caps in 6.  Sorry.  Holtby will not have the benefit of the lack of scoring from the Blueshirts as he did the Bruins.  I have a feeling the Lundquist is getting ready to have a Conn Smyth type run.

I am VERY comfortable with the Caps being the underdog. They seem to wear it well. I know Lundquist is great, but so was Thomas. The Rangers do not have the defense that Boston has. I see much more space for Semin, Backstrom, and Ovie. Also, as long as the Caps keep buying into the defense first system of Dale Hunter I like their chances.

I don't think Brodeur can keep it up. I think Philly is going to win that one.

I wish I knew more about the west. I guess I'm going to have fun watching the games.

gselkhunter

Being a Rangers fan I am glad they survived to get to the second round. I think they will have their hands full with the Caps but I also think they will pull it off.

I don't believe that the Devils will beat the Flyers. The Flyers have a full head of steam after beating Pittsburgh. Too much for the Devils to over come.

Nash and STL should prevail in the west.

Broduer would have been a lock 10 years ago. But time waits for no one.

This series is all based on which Bryzgalov shows up.

Should be fun, go Flyers!

Based on the results of Rd1,

In the East: Rangers over the Caps. By a millimeter of difference between the goaltenders.

The Devils will beat the Flyers. Brodeur vs Bryz? No contest.

In the West, Nashville will triumph,  as will  the Blues.

Again, I will reiterate my call that Nashville could go all the way and claim the Cup if they can beat the Blues.

The Cup will be won by the west this year.

How is that prediction holding up Ben ???

Rangers coughed up home ice last night  :down:

I think the Caps and Rangers will go the distance......

I don't know nutting' anymore :( . The two teams that seemed the strongest - Blues and Preds.  are sh!tting the bed :angry: .

Somebody went and woke up Ovechkin :O

Tom Avent

The press here in the DC area is really focusing on Ovie's ice time or lack thereof. They don't seem to have the ability to subtract penalty minutes from potential ice time. They are trying their best to create a problem in the locker room for between Ovie and Hunter. To Ovie's credit, it looks like he might have grown up a bit. Last night it seemed he just wanted to make the most of the time he got and win the game no matter what. Time will tell.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Philly tonight. As much as it pains me to say it, Philly looks very strong.

Well NJ handed it to Philly in game 2. Amazing shot blocking and forechecking. They always beat Philly to the puck tonight.

Should be a good series.

Tom Avent
I know I have not watched nearly as much hockey as most of you guys, but that 2nd period of the Caps / Rangers game was one hell of a period of hockey.
That was an epic game - nice of Mr. Gaborik to finally show up!

Yup! Despite their respective rankings in the regular season, this is anyone's series.

Ryan McDonough played almost 60 minutes of ace defense...as a Hab fan, I sob a little every time I see him take another shift. The Habs gave him up as a throw- in in the &$#%*%{# Gomez trade. :(  :( . He wil win at least three Norris Trophies during his career.

The Habs gave him up as a throw- in in the &$#%*%{# Gomez trade. :(  :( . He wil win at least three Norris Trophies during his career.

Ben - I actually disagree on the "throw-in" part. For all his past faults as the Rangers' GM, Sather rarely if ever loses a trade. So when he told the Habs he needed "one more piece" to make the Gomez trade work, I think he knew exactly who he wanted...

Tom Avent
It is a shame someone had to go home a loser in that game. One great hockey game. I wish I could predict how the momentum will flow for game 4.