Stanley Cup Round 2

DennisMcFeely
I don't know much about hockey but I love watching Ovechkin.  Sweet assed goal there.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Avent

• Ben Hong

• ep3

• gselkhunter

Game 7 here we come. The Caps finally played up to their potential and basically outplayed the Rangers. However, NY is very good and once they scored the goal late in the second period I was seeing flashbacks from game 5. I'm not sure I breathed the last 50 seconds.

Who do you think has the most pressure on them going into game 7?

The top seed in the East and their whiny coach.  

Both teams were in the same position in the last series.  Caps having to win game 7 on the road and the Rangers having to win it on home ice.

Had Ovechkin scored from his backside on his breakaway, I think the roof would have come off the Verizon Center.  What an amazing job of staying with the puck and putting a shot on goal.

Definately the Rangers. # 1 seed in the east and in the playoffs. Losing two games in a row and game 7 on home ice.....that would be a tough pill to swallow.

They were all very close games and it will certainly be an exciting game.

It comes down to the bounce of the puck at this point, OR.....maybe, just maybe Ovie finally lives up to the moment. The stage is definately set. It is "must watch".
It is "must watch".

This will be one of those games that I have to watch alone...with a beer and peanuts.  If Ovie needs and wants a big stage, this is as big as it gets, short of a sudden death overtime 7th game in the final. Go Caps.

It is "must watch".

This will be one of those games that I have to watch alone...with a beer and peanuts.  If Ovie needs and wants a big stage, this is as big as it gets, short of a sudden death overtime 7th game in the final. Go Caps.

Go Caps ????  :angry:

Ok....even if I wasn't a huge Caps fan I could never root for the Rangers for several reasons:

#1- Tortotella is a jerk, good coach but a jerk. I don't know how his antics play with paid adult athletes. It amazes me he hasn't had the crap beat out of him by one of his own players.

#2  through 100.... It's New York....nuff said

Lundquist is a great goalie though. If it had not been for him the Caps would be playing the Devils now.

LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!!!!

Trappercase

O/T

Watched a documentary on HBO Canada last night, based on Theo Fleury's book.  Well done.

He was/is a crazy man, some would say as*hole. I found myself liking him half the time and hating him the other.  Severely tortured soul and I wish the worse for his serial rapist scumbag coach that will be up for day parole after serving only 6 months... and they're appealing!!!!!

Anyway, they talk about Theo's expenses when he was "playing" in New York.  He would spend $10,000 a night at Scores on vodka, strippers and blow then go hang out with the bums around the fire barrels.  He was clearing $400,000 every two weeks.

Once in Chicago just before he almost ended it all he checked into a fancy Hotel and spent over a million dollars partying over the weekend.

Theo made $50 million playing hockey and blew it all.  The Saddle Dome let him in to film but MSG and United Center denied them access.  What's too bad is the Hall of Fame will likely follow suit.  I think there are probably a lot of ******* in the Hall, what's one more?  Especially one with 1000 points in 1000 games.

One more period........I dont know how much more pressure the men in blue can soak up !

Ben do you have your beer and peanuts ?

Thoughts on the farious series to date......

Tim Thomas is a Punk

Tortorella is a major PUNK to the point I can't watch any more hockey with him on the screen even though I really like the below statement.

Lundquisk is a GREAT goalie and was the differance in the series. I think there will be a changing of the guard, so to speak, when NY beats the Devils

Dale Hunter is a stud and if the Caps do not find a way to keep him as coach I hope they NEVER win another game

Dale Hunter is a stud and if the Caps retain him as coach the rest of the league should be worried of a dynasty developing out of Washington.

If I lived in Vancouver I would jump off a bridge.

The bottom line.....this is a great distraction from the pain of no bird hunting. Next year I may need to take up fly fishing and give this insanity up, it is too painful.

Ben do you have your beer and peanuts ?

Heh, I spilled a big bowl of peanuts at  the Brad Richards goal. As for the game itself, it was not as intense a game as I thought it might have been and it will certainly NOT be remembered as an artistic masterpiece.

Sheeit we got Torts for another series. :(

I really do not know what to think about Hunter leaving the Caps. He didn't win the Cup, but he did get the guys to play tough, consistent hockey. Apparently, he told the GM, McFee when he started that he may not continue. He also said there was ONE way to play hockey and he felt that, at the end, the Caps were playing that way.

Man, I love that guy.

I was so crushed Saturday night when the Caps lost that I thought I was done with hockey for the year. Now, I think I want to watch the NJ / NY series. Quite a story, Broduer vs. Lundquist.