Piper Paid

Steelheadfred

NCAA essentially just sank the program for a decade.

Round of applause.

60 Million in fines

10 Scholarship reduction for four years

4 year post season ban

Free Transfers for all current football players

Void all wins form 1998 to 2011

Piper Paid - Now the Civil suits can commence.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john mcg

• cmc274

• River19

• Steelheadfred

Maybe that can be considered justice and people can move on.

I can think of NOTHING more despicable than adults in positions of trust abusing and exploiting children.

wow.......you think just a decade? why would any talented player ever go there again? gotta be a 15-20 year min thing

The two recruits that committed to PSU from Massachusetts are both heading to The Ohio State. I can't wait to see the exodus.

W/C C

NC Quailhunter
I may be a little bitter but I don't think it is enough. I really think the program should be dissolved. The corruption was so deep in that program that it needs to be done away with. Call me what you will but that is my opinion and I think the behavior of that staff is disgusting.

Yup--those guys that knew and did nothing should never be allowed responsibility over the young again and its times like this that I wish we had public stocks back once again.

There...it was hard to keep my response suitable for women and children.

Steelheadfred
Maybe that can be considered justice and people can move on.

I can think of NOTHING more despicable than adults in positions of trust abusing and exploiting children.

Ben,

I don't think we should move on, it should be a lasting, long lasting reminder of this crime, a crime I find every bit the equal of murder.

Agreed Fritz. I worded the post so that it meant that some people can move on from that point. Personally I think that the whole athletic program should be purged and restructured, instituting some safeguards and SOPs.
Pinecobleguy

I applaud the NCAA for the way they have handled this so far.  A lot of eyes were on the NCAA especially in light of the fact that they have been relatively inconsistent in the past.  While this is truly unprecedented in the NCAA I think they were mindful and set a tone and precedent for not only PSU but also for every other member of the NCAA - a tone that priorities need to be changed through out major college sports that the tail will no longer wag the dog.

In the end, no measure by the NCAA will ever make things right.

Unfortunately the same kind of thing would probably have happened at most major college football powerhouses. This over emphasis on sports is not just a Penn State problem by a long shot!!  When you have the highest paid professor making maybe 100 grand and the football or basketball coach making five million, something is definitely wrong!!  

When you have an entire sub-culture of athletes on major college campuses who have almost nothing in common with the rest of the student body, something is wrong.

It was a joke before and remains a joke. We should call it what it is, semi-professional sports!  Pretending it has anything to do with college is self-delusion of the highest order!

I agree with the sanctions, btw.

I agree 100% w/Don!  Sports - in general - has gotten crazy!  Look at the money these coaches are making!  Look at the major bowl payouts!  Look at the money the conferences (ACC) bring home from "March Madness"!  Look at the salaries in pro sports!  It is SO out of whack.

It is NOTHING but a GAME!  I sure hope bird hunting and trout fishing never become spectator sports...

I hope EVERYONE at PSU that turned a blind eye to child exploitation receives the EXACT sentences that Sandusky gets!!! Maybe even a decade or two more...

Again, As usual, what Mr Steese said. Was gonna post something similar but decided not to to step out of my admin/moderator role.

Yup--

"Unfortunately the same kind of thing would probably have happened at most major college football powerhouses."

That right there is a heck of an indictment on much more than the 'sports' world.

ANF grousin
Unfortunately the same kind of thing would probably have happened at most major college football powerhouses. This over emphasis on sports is not just a Penn State problem by a long shot!!  

I said the same thing many years ago when PSU was trying to tell the world how much better they were then any other college.  The only thing they did better was to cover up.

This whole scandal hits hard with me working with the scout troop I'm with.  Many of the boys come from broken homes, with some of the parents fitting the profile of the victims parents.  I know everal boys whose parents were contacted to see if they boys had any contact with Sandusky.  What really suks is walking thru the meeting door I can be their friend, father figure, and someone they can confide in, yet there has to be a clean break the minute I walk back out the door.