Sign in to follow this  
CdnWingShooter

NRA "Enabler of Death" Video

Chubs
"Enabler of Death", not real hard to figure out.

That doesn't make any sense, but I come from an Evangelical Christian community that often made that argument, so I get it.

bobman

He obviously knew how to build bombs... how many people would of died if he carried a bunch of bombs in the theater....or even just one very powerful one

the real problem is "gun free" zones like this theater is and like Virgina Tech was, seems these crackpots like unarmed victims

in Georgia we would of had us a good old fashioned gun fight :D

WindyHills
Yet another opportunity to say that Zumbo was right all along.

Shotster

Since Cain slew Abel...

"The enemy of my enemy...is my friend". For gun owners...sane gun owners, the NRA is the focal point of our point. The fact that Moyers apparently has singled the NRA out (I have not watched this particular episode) as the reason people die is the fodder of hysteria that emotional, not critical thinking people respond to. You can't fix stupid...but you cannot give up, either.

Out of ingorance, or purposeful deception to build a case...the mainstream media uses a "race card" technique to suggest the AR platform, et al...is a full blown, fully automatic military weapon of war. As we all know...it is a semi-auto, just like the old Remington GameMaster, albeit with the option of increased capacity. Shouting a lie long enough, and loud enough alters reality.

Society, a gathering of people works when each member respects the other members. Like it or not...big sticks command respect, and create a compact with others in regard to a certain equality. If you stop carrying a stick...someone with a bit less moral character will possibly see you as an "opportunity".

Restrictive gun laws in Chicago, and New York, as well as Oakland and Richmond, California don't seem to impact anyone but law abiding citizens who walk the mean streets without the "stick"...while criminals / thugs "carry", and have their way. When seconds count...the police are only minutes away.

I don't agree with some of the NRA's tactics, but I support them for the voice they give us...all of us on this board, when it comes to Feinstein, Schumer, Bloomberg, Rahm et al.

Shotster

quailguy

Guns don't kill people. People kill people with guns. Even if all the guns dissapeared from the face of the earth, people would still kill people with swords, knives, clubs or rocks. Or cars or buses or planes or water cannons, or poison or disease.

Disease, just think about that as a weapon and how much more havoc a single person could cause if he set his mind to it.

Kinda almost makes you wish that dude could get his hands on a gun just to limit his carnage.

People will continue to kill people for eternity. You can't stop it.

You REALLY want to wipe out some innocents, put a VBIED aka carbomb right next to a soft target like that.

Left wing hand wringers simply hate guns, any gun. Your grandson's pop gun they hate as badly as your M-16. They never stop to think there are way worse weapons than guns.

You gonna mount a 24X7 armed guard around every fertilizer store in the US? And there are many other chemicals that make better KaBooms! than fertilizer.

Any trained special opns or CIA paramilitary demolitions guy can make bombs outa things 99.9% of people would never imagine.

gundogpa
Any trained special opns or CIA paramilitary demolitions guy can make bombs outa things 99.9% of people would never imagine.

All I can think of is this guy was a mall cop. I keep hearing about how he was so smart. He researched everything and planned it out......then when the shooting started his gun jammed. He didn't know how to clear it which takes 1.5 seconds? He didn't know that those stupid large capacity mags never work right?

If this was a guy with shooting experience there would have been many more deaths.

Virgil Kane
Restrictive gun laws in Chicago, and New York, as well as Oakland and Richmond, California don't seem to impact anyone but law abiding citizens who walk the mean streets without the "stick"...while criminals / thugs "carry", and have their way.

Shotster

Chicago murder rate is up a whooping 38% this year over last.

Virgil

Greg Hartman
Even if we dodge the bullet (so to speak) and no additional gun control legislation per se comes out of this, I still see very bad things happening from this.  The fact that the scumbag bought 6,000 rounds of ammunition legally over the internet will come back to haunt us.  The general public will see that as utterly incomprehensible.  I can hear it now: "No one needs 6,000 rounds of ammunition to hunt a deer!" - "How could our system let an ordinary citizen buy enough ammunition for a war?"  They have no clue that many here, for example, will easily shoot that many rounds in a year and probably have several times that much stored at home.  Along with some friends, I participated in an order for 100 flats of B&P target ammo direct from the factory in Italy - that was 25K rounds.  It wasn't that long ago that one could not buy ammunition online or through mail order; having that availability has made wide varieties of high quality ammunition available to shooters at reasonable prices - it's been a very good thing for us.  I think we've seen the end of it. Sigh.

Greg--I've long wondered why the anti-2A crowd hasn't gone after the ammunition instead of the guns themselves given that guns would seemingly have the greater Constitutional protection.

Yep - they get where they want to go - no effectively armed private citizens - without having to deal with the Constitutional protections.  Guns aren't much good without ammunition.  This may be their chance.

gundogpa
Yet another opportunity to say that Zumbo was right all along.

Was he right when he said "assault weapons" were bad........or when he said they were not bad and then even wrote a letter to congress saying they were not bad.

LOL

trust me
All you folks that have previously said the NRA hasn't done anything for you...you better hope they are able to do something for you now because the antis are beating their drums over this one.

erik meade
never mind

john mcg

I'm all out for there being 'watchmen' and sounding an alarm when encroachment on the second, but I very much doubt without some kind of major change in the US climate, they ain't taking our guns or ammo.

Its not a good political move for any party.

I just don't see it.

Mostly like a big wolf puffing.

IMO

Shotster

That major change in the US climate??? Yeah...that is happening now...a variation on the "global warming" theme. When the nefarious politicians see hysterical handwringing as a result of a heinous event...they know rationale is out the window...and time for their agenda to soothe the "wounded".

Vince Lombardi was famous for posting inspirational quips in the Packer's locker room, and one has stuck with me for perhaps 50 years:

"Fatigue makes cowards of us all"

Lot of truth in those six words...

Shotster

WPG Gizmo
I very much doubt without some kind of major change in the US climate, they ain't taking our guns or ammo.

Its not a good political move for any party.

I just don't see it.

Mostly like a big wolf puffing.

This is one big reason that the upcoming election is so important.  If the current administration stays in power it is likely you will see many new and harsh gun and or ammo regulations coming down the pike.  You can say that wont happen but as a lame duck president he does not have to appease us the gun owners any longer as he is not going to be running again.

What I dont get is that this guy is a member of Occupy and some one let him into that theater through a side door.  Witnesses have said that they saw a man get a call just before the movie started and that he went to the exit door and did something but your not hearing anything about that other then a short blurb the first day after the shooting.  We are not hearing the whole story here just what the media wants us to hear as normal.

Virgil Kane
[

What I dont get is that this guy is a member of Occupy and some one let him into that theater through a side door.  Witnesses have said that they saw a man get a call just before the movie started and that he went to the exit door and did something but your not hearing anything about that other then a short blurb the first day after the shooting.  We are not hearing the whole story here just what the media wants us to hear as normal.

I had heard another story besides the story that you have written about. The other story was that this shooter was in the theater watching the movie and then pretended to get a phone call and leave through the exit door and then returned with the weapons.

Who knows which story is correct.

The sad truth is these anti gun people are relishing in the fact that this shooting gives them an opportunity to go after guns. They could give a darn about the victims or their families. Even though they say they are sorry for the families losses it seems nothing more that lip service. I wonder how many of those anti's have said a prayer for those that were lost and their families that are grieving?

Virgil