NRA "Enabler of Death" Video

CdnWingShooter

Spin you're a nice guy with good intentions but you are naive person ... the world has always been ruled with the aggressive use of force and that will never change from the playground to the "movie theater" bad people will always exist to create havoc.

They only thing they ever respect is superior use of force from a sucker punch stomping on the playground.... to the bullet between the eyes from guys like me.

If you don't want to carry or defend yourself I am fine with that. Just leave me alone don't disarm me and other lawful citizen in your misguided belief that the bad guys will obey one specific law and ignore all others its really illogical.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gundogpa

• john mcg

• Spin

• bobman

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that you think what you are proposing has some benefit. The problem is that those government restrictions you propose will interfere with my life and the lives of every other law abiding citizen. I don't like it and that is not the way the founding fathers intended the country to function and they wrote it down for us all to see. They thought the freedom to bear arms was second only to the freedom to say what you want. The government exists to serve, not to interfere in our lives.
The government exists to serve, not to interfere in our lives.

Absolutely!

The problem is that a very large percentage of the American people want the government to take care of their every need.  In other words, they are ******* lazy.

As you may guess I'm a pro-gun business owner.

By the way, this government scares me so badly on the business front that I terminated my last employee six weeks ago and will never hire another employee.

What makes you think they wouldn't consider the increased penalties for these new restrictions/controls? You know "Is the juice worth the squeeze"

What makes you think real training in handling/shooting wouldn't be worthwhile? Here you could be getting a cc and participating in an organized match counts twords that requirered experience. Picture my club down the road. Humm need the experience for my cc. Well me and a couple of the boys are going to have a 'wink' organized match in about an hour.

What makes you think running a gun trace thru a registry file couldn't possibly be of use in a crime? or preventing one?

Bob I don't believe you really think that they could or don't have a positive effect. Not really. The manditory wait period has in all likelyhood saved many lives alone. I think you, me and every mother's son on this board lives with, relies on and benifits from a myriad of laws every day. Now do you believe in the basic principle that with rights come responsibilities? Just askin.

Not one person is arguing against responsibility,

We are promoting INDIVIDUAL responsibility, not the entire society or population.  This was (we see it less and less now days) the very bedrock of our freedom and self governing philosophy.

The truth is that the only thing that would have stopped this monster from massacring so many people is one between the eyes by someone carrying in the theater.    Nothing else, by the cops got there it is was over.

As a society we are wasting away from lack of self reliance and individual responsibility.  I believe because of this we will lose our 2nd amendment rights in the future.  Not all at once, but it will erode like common sense, decency and morality.

Barna

Chris Raymond
Varmint hunters and gun game (three-gun and tactical multi-gun) shooters fire thousands and thousands of rounds a year from their battle rifles. How is it that we should decimate their sports and leave only the sports where you use a two shot gun with fancy wood and engraving? How is it that those folks are less sportsmen than "we" are? How is it that their enjoyment of their sport is less wholesome? Why is our fun better than their fun?

All this is just another argument for how much more superior we are, how we know so much more, how we are so much more sensitive, caring and understanding than our neighbors. It is a chance to force our will on another because we know the better way. Yep......anti-gunners and those of you who would capitulate to them, are just morally superior and culturally advanced people. I don't think so.

+1000

How do you stop a law abiding person from going off the deep end and committing a terrible act?  Why does the average law abiding citizen need a motor vehicle that is capable of going over 80 mph?  Why do we sell gasolene in portable containers, can you imagine a car bomb designed to be detonated when the movie ends and people are exiting the theater, or pouring gas down the aisle and follow it with a RR flare?  Do you remember Oklahoma City?

For my AR 15 I have 2 30 round magazines (detachable box) and a number of 20 rounders.  I'm a plinker, love to be able to shoot my AR 15 and not spend time reloading the mags.  I do this with a loading assist while watching the idiot box.  I pick up all my brass and reload it, sometimes will expend 200 rounds at a sitting.

Where do we draw the line in legislating new laws, remeber when  bayonet lugs were prohibited? Guess it was a good law cause didn't hearof anymore bayonet charges. Come to think of it never heard of any before that.  Do remember of bayonet training with my M1 back in the 50s.

Exactly; well said,......only one more; in 1962 when the supreme court kicked God and the 10 commandments out of  public schools.  

If young impressionable minds see on the wall every day; "Thou shalt not kill", it sticks most of the time.

Always funny to see someone argue for one Amendment just as quickly turn on the other one they don't like.

Exactly; well said,......only one more; in 1962 when the supreme court kicked God and the 10 commandments out of  public schools.  

If young impressionable minds see on the wall every day; "Thou shalt not kill", it sticks most of the time.

Always funny to see someone argue for one Amendment just as quickly turn on the other one they don't like.

I'm curious to know what you mean.

What amendment?

10 pages of lively discussion and the Post Holer hasn't been taken out of the barn. Let's try and keep it stored. After this many pages things can get testy. Thanks.

What has changed?

the public's tolerance for a myriad of things   bad/questionable behavior, generational welfare and rampant single parent families , acceptance of substance abuse (well if it meets the "feel good about yourself" quotient) Dr Spock  , little personal accountability , a general belief that when you do bad stuff, or bad stuff happens to you , your not to blame... it's always someone else's fault....

those are a few of the things I've seen

The substance abuse one is a bit shaky because alcoholism has been widespread for hundreds of years and people turned a blind eye to it.

One I would add is our tolerance of divorce. Back when I was a kid divorced people were not very well accepted in polite society. Today the leaders of the so-called conservative movement, people like Rush, Newt, Ronald Reagan, and on and on, are divorced, some of them multiple times, and no one raises an eyelash. It's simply accepted as part of life today.

10 pages of lively discussion and the Post Holer hasn't been taken out of the barn.

You want me to start posting Brad?? :devil:  :laugh: That'll work the rust off the p-h.

I'm curious to know what you mean.

What amendment?

I guess he won't answer your question, but he probably thinks the 1st Amendment says kick God out of government.  Too bad the supreme court couldn't read!

It says: "Congress shall make no LAW respecting an establishment of religion"

Religion in that context meant a particular denomination of Christianity.  The first settlers of English decent fled England because of the oppressive Anglican Church of England and formost was seeking freedom of religion.

The founding fathers  meant there would be no official state church of the government like there was, not only in England, but practically all of Europe.

After the constitution was adopted, for 50 years, sunday morning worship services were held IN ONE OF THE CAPITOL BUILDINGS and to this day opens each session in prayer. :O  :O.   One would have to be pretty naive to believe the ones who wrote the Bill of Rights meant to kick God out of goverment.

The first day after the ratification of the Constitution congress had a three hour long "prayer meeting" in the capitol building.  It's supported by  congressional record.

If the founding fathers meant to kick God out of government we wouldn't see all those engraved quotes from the Bible all over buildings in the capital.  The supreme court building has an IMAGE OF MOSES HOLDING THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.  I guess the supreme court judges didn't notice that. ??? Do ya think the majority of the judges had an agenda?  Oh, how far we have strayed from original intent!

Anyway; hail the 2nd and the NRA.

If there is any doubt about whether you need to be part of the NRA if you support the second amendment just read this thread from the beginning. I'm stunned by what has been written about guns by some of the sportsmen right here in our midst. If that sentiment is so prevalent in society that we see it right here, then we need to be vigilant for potential assaults from all directions and bold in our efforts to defend the constitution and the second amendment. The NRA provides the most economical and most effective means to that end. Get them on the horn today and do what you can.
Through out the years I've noticed that of the 3 basic type of firearms shooters, rifle, pistol and shotgung, the people who mostly are shotgun shooters seem to be the least worried about the 2nd Admendment.  Not trying to start a conterversy, just an observation from an old man who has an advid interest in gun control since 1968.  Hunters seem to have more interest than pure target shooters no matter the type of firearm though.  Exception to that is in recent years AR target shooters are active in the legislative front.

Through out the years I've noticed that of the 3 basic type of firearms shooters, rifle, pistol and shotgung, the people who mostly are shotgun shooters seem to be the least worried about the 2nd Admendment.  Not trying to start a conterversy, just an observation from an old man who has an advid interest in gun control since 1968.  Hunters seem to have more interest than pure target shooters no matter the type of firearm though.  Exception to that is in recent years AR target shooters are active in the legislative front.

Funny, I would have reversed the order of your 2nd and 3rd groups - shotgun hunter, rifle hunter, target shooter. It follows the level of restriction in each category. In other words, the firearms used in target shooting are subject to higher restrictions than those used in rifle hunting, and those are subject to more than those used for shotgun hunting. As an occasional target shooter, I am much more concerned about the gun laws that apply to that sport than I am about those that apply to my hunting activities. However, I can see how the laws can creep across those lines: magazine restrictions, barrel lengths, cartridge sizes. And on a couple of occasions now (in Canada) proposals have been tabled - rather quietly - that would limit the quantity of explosives one can keep in a private residence which would hinder handloading activities. Thankfully, our organizations caught wind of them and brought them to light.