NRA "Enabler of Death" Video

CdnWingShooter

All this talk about ...."need" really a waste of time.

It doesn't matter what anyone "needs".

What matters is your constitutional right to keep and bare arms.

It is very clear and does not say anything about "need".

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gundogpa

• john mcg

• Spin

• bobman

Top Posters In This Topic

(Virgil Kane @ Aug. 03 2012,8:17)

LET'S PUT THE BLAME SQUARELY ON THE SHOOTER'S.

Hard to argue with that kind of logic.

It's not hard to argue with at all Don. The fact of enablement,that knowingly and willingly aiding the commision of a crime would make you in a very real sense an accomplice and most certainly in part responsible.

We overwhelmingly support witholding or restricting 2d amendment rights of convicted felons, people with known mental disorders. I think gun avocates tend to overlook these things in some discussions. The NRA has supported some controls and restrictions in the past.

Spin

(Virgil Kane @ Aug. 03 2012,8:17)

LET'S PUT THE BLAME SQUARELY ON THE SHOOTER'S.

Hard to argue with that kind of logic.

It's not hard to argue with at all Don. The fact of enablement,that knowingly and willingly aiding the commision of a crime would make you in a very real sense an accomplice and most certainly in part responsible.

We overwhelmingly support witholding or restricting 2d amendment rights of convicted felons, people with known mental disorders. I think gun avocates tend to overlook these things in some discussions. The NRA has supported some controls and restrictions in the past.

Spin

You guys gotta learn not to take anything I say seriously. Not only do I not know anything, I don't even SUSPECT anything.

That having been said, I think we have to lay the blame on the nutcase who did the crime, but knowing there are nutcases among us it would serve us well to try to keep implements of mayhem out of the hands of said nutcases. The problem, as I see it, is how does one do that without causing undue hardship to law abiding implement owners??

Quote Don;  That having been said, I think we have to lay the blame on the nutcase who did the crime, but knowing there are nutcases among us it would serve us well to try to keep implements of mayhem out of the hands of said nutcases. The problem, as I see it, is how does one do that without causing undue hardship to law abiding implement owners??

I agree 100% on the difficulty of course of action but do maintain that there "can" be cuplability beyond the shooter.

I also am aware that people who live in more isolated areas often tend to have more favorable views of wider 2d amendment rights. Enviroment and local culture can influence views and opinions. Understandable.

What is difficult about "shall not be infringed"?

The founders knew what a newspaper was, but they didn't know what an 'internet' is. Al hadn't invented it yet.

They knew what a flint lock was, but they didn't know what an autoloading rifle/shotgun was. Hadn't been invented yet.

What is difficult about "shall not be infringed"?

The founders knew what a newspaper was, but they didn't know what an 'internet' is. Al hadn't invented it yet.

They knew what a flint lock was, but they didn't know what an autoloading rifle/shotgun was. Hadn't been invented yet.

What is difficult about "well regulated"?  

There are all sorts of regulations on weapons as well there should be.  

This mindset of not one inch, no compromise casts gun advocates in a very unflattering light.  Just look at the difference of opinion shown here of the NRA and this is their target demographic.

In principle, folks know that to give an inch would mean a mile.

The conversation I usually have with myself on these things is "would such and such have the desired or stated effect"?

In terms of stopping bad guys from doing harm.

and "what unintended effect"?

In terms of the innocent.

mike campbell
 Just look at the difference of opinion shown here of the NRA and this is their target demographic.

Ya think so?

Assuming all 47 American posters in this thread are gun owners, then 2 are likely to be members of the NRA.

At the same time, I remind myself how 53% ....23-25 in this case...likely voted in the last election.

Quote:

"This mindset of not one inch, no compromise casts gun advocates in a very unflattering light.  Just look at the difference of opinion shown here of the NRA and this is their target demographic."

# 1, The compromising of the past has been  enough.....anymore would amount to an overall cave in.

# 2, Concerning the NRA and such organizations; 10% of gun owners (if that) carry the load for all.  Make no mistake about it, whether you like them or not, without them the 2nd would probably be gone.

Quote:

"This mindset of not one inch, no compromise casts gun advocates in a very unflattering light.  Just look at the difference of opinion shown here of the NRA and this is their target demographic."

# 1, The compromising of the past has been  enough.....anymore would amount to an overall cave in.

# 2, Concerning the NRA and such organizations; 10% of gun owners (if that) carry the load for all.  Make no mistake about it, whether you like them or not, without them the 2nd would probably be gone.

I'd respectfully disagree with both points.  

No, I don't view any further compromise as a total cave in.  I've done some reading on the Fast and Furious and wound up digging deeper on the subject of American guns heading to Mexico.  It is a sad sad situation that has no single solution.  However, additional restrictions on assault type weapons certainly would be a step in right direction. I feel it could be done while allowing those who chose to have those arms the ability to do so with only minor adjustments.  Kind of like no booze sold on Sunday.  Just need to plan ahead.

As far as your second point. I'll say that 2nd amendment still being here only because of the NRA is an interesting opinion.

Note the perp didnt have a "black rifle"

this is a great story

Vic Stacy never served in the military, and he never had any police training.

But when a gunman shot and killed a couple in the RV park where they all lived Sunday afternoon, Stacy reacted with the composure — and the marksmanship — of a man who had been training for such a moment all his life.

He’s a hero, many Brown County residents are saying.

His actions probably saved the life of the first policeman on the scene — Early Police Sgt. Steven Means — as well as others living at the Peach House RV Park north of Brownwood Regional Airport, Brown County Sheriff Bobby Grubbs said.

Even Stacy concedes that his actions prevented an even greater tragedy.

“I thought if I didn’t help this officer, he would have gotten the rest of us,” Stacy said.

But a hero? “I’m just an average working man,” Stacy said.

Charles Ronald Conner had argued with a couple about their dogs defecating in front of his trailer, Grubbs said, before he shot and killed the dogs and then the man and woman — David Michael House, 58, and Iris Valentina Calaci, 57. Then he opened fire on Means as he arrived at the scene.

Stacy, 66, said he was watching television Sunday afternoon when he heard three or four shots. He looked outside, but didn’t see anything at first.

“I had seen this guy before,”

Stacy said about Conner. “He lived in the same line of trailers. He was sort of off the wall. People at the park would visit all the time, but he would stay off to himself.”

Often, park residents would see Conner sitting under a tree writing.

“He was writing on this ledger all the time,” Stacy said. “He brought me a deal he wanted me to read. I thought, ‘This guy is weird.’ ”

Stacy said now, in retrospect, it seems that Conner had been planning the attack.

“I think he was into the IRS pretty heavy,” Stacy said. “He told me he was going to leave (the park), but that everybody would know about it. He let that slip.”

Of the shooting, Stacy admits that the shot he took that hit Conner in the leg — a strike that Sheriff Grubbs said gave Officer Means an opportunity to get into position to return fire himself — was a pretty good one, considering the distance between them and the fact that he was using a pistol.

Conner had time to get ready to battle law enforcement officers because they approached the scene with sirens blaring, Stacy said. He speculated that a silent approach could have surprised Conner, but, “They didn’t know what they were driving into,” Stacy said.

“My first shot hit a tree,” Stacy said. Then he added with a hint of a smile, “But I hit it square on.” It was one of the few lighter moments during the course of the interview.

Stacy is a native of Gorman, where he worked with his father as a peanut grower. But he found that there was a demand in industry for the welding skills he had learned on the farm. He has worked as a welder for 41 years. He moved to Brown County from Comanche about four years ago, and has plans to buy the equipment he needs to produce handmade saddle bags and similar leather goods.

Stacy said he wasn’t able to sleep at all Sunday night, as the scenes kept playing through his mind. But Monday night was better.

“I got a good night’s sleep,” Stacy said. It helped that law enforcement officers told him they were convinced that he had acted appropriately in firing at Conner, and no charges are anticipated.

“It was like something you’d see in a war zone,” Stacy said. “You see so much of this stuff on TV.”

Stacy said he put down his weapon after the shooting, so police officers wouldn’t mistake him for the killer.

“They put me in handcuffs until they sorted it out,” Stacy said. “I can understand that.”

Stacy said he regretted that the victims’ bodies had to remain on the ground, right where they fell, for some three hours while law enforcement processed the scene.

“I’ve hunted, but I’ve never shot a person,” Stacy said. “It makes you think.”

Stacy said he’s had multiple conversations with his younger brother in LaGrange and son in Wichita Falls since the incident, and they are giving him support.

“I’m a Christian, a member of the Baptist church,” Stacy said. After a pause, he added, “I haven’t been in a while, but I think I’ll start going again.

“I hate that it happened,” Stacy said. “But I’m glad that we got him down. I felt sorry for those people.”

braque du upstate
Bobman' s story is nice. We just had  a NY cop shoot ,and kill his own son. They were. sharing a hotel in the adk. He mistakenly thought his kid was an intruder.

Deer hunters occasionally shoot each other through scoped rifles while wearing florescent orange

Deer rifles should be banned