NRA "Enabler of Death" Video

CdnWingShooter

For those of you who think there  isn't more calling for more gun control from the White House..................

http://xfinity.comcast.net/article....o_media

Okay, I just read the article. It didn't say anything about tighter gun restrictions, other than the fact that Obama wants to make it more difficult for the mentally unstable to purchase firearms. It also did some convenient paraphrasing, but the actual quotes from the president don't lend any credence to the hysterical nonsense about the president hating guns.

Again, I'd like to read or see one single instance that anyone can produce that proves the president intends to infringe on Americans' gun rights.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gundogpa

• john mcg

• Spin

• bobman

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant keep track of all the rather lively discussions on board right now, so sorry if this is out of context.

When the average politician or gun control advocate educates themselves on the basics of firearms; particularly actions like semi-auto vs full-auto and the general similarities between assault and hunting firearms then I will listen to what they say. Until then they have no respect from me. A relative on my wife's side recently visited and started pontificating on gun laws as the CO shooting was being sensationalized on the TV. The only weapon he ever holds is a golf club. To my wifes chagrine I promptly educated him, or let's say educated him on the fact he didn't know squat about the very basics of what he was spouting off about. I even dug out an article I wrote and had published in a reginal magazine called A Hunting Firearms Primer; a treatise on basic workings of rifles, shotguns etc. for the non-hunter. He left without reading it...

Geez Bradford,

If it were a requirement that one knows something about something in order to pontificate about it, the UJ and other such internet forums would have a total of about three posts per month!!   :D

The President said "more ought to be done to keep guns out of the hands of criminals";......isn't this what we have heard for decades from the anit-gun crowd?

Concerning keeping guns out the hands of the mentally disturbed; the NICS checks for that.

So, what's the next step; each one of us gun owners or would be owners taking a physcological test?  We might be surprised just what kind of questions would be asked.

Iver,

Re: Japan, and "Ricin"...I spelled it ricen in my post is a very toxic by-product of castor beans. Googling ricin in Japan just now shows that Sarin gas was used to kill 13, injured 50, and caused temporary vision loss for almost a thousand a few years ago in Japan's subway complex.

Bad stuff, and easily dispersed via as simple as an aerosol can...these gases are terribly toxic, and not a pretty death (if there is such a thing). So...how do we feel about the concept of freedom in America vs. Japan? Feudal lords, and Emperors have had their sandals on the neck of the population for centuries...untold generations of forced conformity, and the tradition of the populace seeing the Emperor as a god has kept Japan "in line", and the gun culture is pretty much non-existant (save for Citori et al) from what is observed. Pretty much the opposite here.

Shotster

The President said "more ought to be done to guns out of the hands of criminals"

Then how about firing your AG Mr. President. Oh yea, it is his Executive privledge not to remember Fast and Furious.

Field Grade

Let the boy try along this bayonet-blade

How cold steel is, and keen with hunger of blood;

Blue with all malice, like a madman's flash;

And thinly drawn with famishing for flesh.

Lend him to stroke these blind, blunt bullet-leads

Which long to nuzzle in the hearts of lads,

Or give him cartridges of fine zinc teeth,

Sharp with the sharpness of grief and death.

For his teeth seem for laughing round an apple.

There lurk no claws behind his fingers supple;

And God will grow no talons at his heels,

Nor antlers through the thickness of his curls.

-Wilfred Owen, KIA Joncourt, France, Nov. 4, 1918

Maybe it's worth adding a postscript.

I used to be enamored with guns. I watched all the gunfight movies as a kid and read the Western novels. I grew up with guns around the house and got a BB gun sometime around eight years old.

I shot .22s and shotguns from 11 and started hunting at 12 with my brother and other guys in the family.

I got a Ruger Single Six and got real good with it.

I joined the Army at 17 and we fired all sorts of weapons, I went to the field more like twice a month, not twice a year. My friends at one station were weapons instructors and had access to OPFOR weapons so we shot them too.

We learned about detcord and plastic explosive and field-expedient napalm.

I lost count of all the CALFEX (combined arms live fire) exercises I went to, watching infantry, artillery, armor, fast movers, even big naval shelling light up a hillside.

They came out with the Abrams tanks and Bradleys. A 105mm main gun and a 25mm canon turn junked armor into confetti.

It's all very impressive.

Then I went overseas and some of the lustre wore off. You see what all this firepower can bring to bear.

And you see that all this firepower won't necessarily stop you or your friends from getting hit.

Today I still own some guns and I'm a brushworn bird hunter, love being in the woods and fields as often as possible.

I'm handy with a gun but I don't sit around in abject fear that people are going to it away. I don't sit around plotting about lighting up people 50 times with my high-cap assault rifle because they won't line up.

I have no right, authority or compulsion to tell anyone to fall in any line.

Rob J.

I did hear the President say today that he is a supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but he didn't feel like anyone really needed to own an AK-47 unless they are a soldier (definitely shows his ignorance of what our soldiers carry) shows that he is either uneducated on the matter or he is being intellectually dishonest.

The average citizen cannot own an AK-47 if it is fully automatic anyway. I don't understand why someone would want to own one of these semi automatic military type guns, but I believe that we should defend their right to do so.

I did hear the President say today that he is a supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but he didn't feel like anyone really needed to own an AK-47 unless they are a soldier (definitely shows his ignorance of what our soldiers carry) shows that he is either uneducated on the matter or he is being intellectually dishonest.

The average citizen cannot own an AK-47 if it is fully automatic anyway. I don't understand why someone would want to own one of these semi automatic military type guns, but I believe that we should defend their right to do so.

From your last sentence it sounds like you and the president pretty much agree on the matter??

No, we don't.  I should have said that I personally do not want to own one (they just don't appeal to me and my interests), but I am okay with others owning them just fine.

There, better?

Is there a difference between a man who enjoys shooting sporting clays with his double gun and a man who enjoys shooting three gun with his AR-15?

Is there a difference between a person hunting deer with his remington 750 semi auto 30-06 and a remington r-15 in 30 remington. Somehow one is ok and the other is an assault rifle? What a joke.

Is one more moral than the other? Its the same mechanical action.

I understand people enjoy different guns but if you don't think semi automatic rifles are "needed" I find that amazing. It is a very short walk to get to no firearms are "needed".

come on ...did he really say only OUR military are the only ones that  should have AK's? :oh: ............. so besides business, capitalism, what a tax is and the constitution, we have something else(the military)  to add to the growing list of "stuff" he knows  nothing about?........ :glare:  :glare:

It is a very short walk to get to no firearms are "needed".

While I don't really give a **** about assault rifles, per se, it's this mentality that has to go. It is, in fact, an extraordinarily long walk to get from a ban on assault rifles to a complete ban on firearms. Why do so many of you folks insist on decrying this imaginary slippery slope?

EDIT: For the record, I'm not interested in curtailing gun rights, nor do I think that there is any real risk of it happening. I'm just trying to inject some semblance of balance to a topic that seems to make people lose their reason.

It is a very short walk to get to no firearms are "needed".

While I don't really give a **** about assault rifles, per se, it's this mentality that has to go. It is, in fact, an extraordinarily long walk to get from a ban on assault rifles to a complete ban on firearms. Why do so many of you folks insist on decrying this imaginary slippery slope?

EDIT: For the record, I'm not interested in curtailing gun rights, nor do I think that there is any real risk of it happening. I'm just trying to inject some semblance of balance to a topic that seems to make people lose their reason.

I disagree, it does not "have to go" as you say.

Which one is an assault rifle?

ruger1022.jpg

STK63161.JPG

None of the amendments are absolute. The SCOTUS  has said the 2d Amend. is subject to reasonable restrictions.  

I see no difference between an AR-15 and a semi-auto 30-06, UNTIL you put the high capacity clip on the AR-15.  No one needs to have high capacity clips for hunting or target shooting. A limitation on those clips is reasonable and  such a ban would be upheld by the SCOTUS, in my opinion.

I'm with the view point stated above that the need for such clips to defend against the zombie hordes or to keep our government in line are not constitutionally valid needs.

Every time someone like the nut in CO shoots up a bunch of people using high capacity clips someones NEED to have such a clip or claim that they have the RIGHT to have such a clip become less valid in societies view.

Does anyone really think it's wrong, as a statement, to say we as a society should not allow criminals or the mentally disabled to have the ability to buy guns?