NRA "Enabler of Death" Video

CdnWingShooter

Does anyone really think it's wrong, as a statement, to say we as a society should not allow criminals or the mentally disabled to have the ability to buy guns?

That is already the law......and everyone already agrees that it is reasonable. No one is trying to repeal that.

(They are magazines not clips) Sorry pet peeve.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gundogpa

• john mcg

• Spin

• bobman

Top Posters In This Topic

I was saying that I don't agree with the president on this and I felt that he was both showing his ignorance (which is pretty normal with this guy on a variety of subjects) and was trying to mislead less informed people on the subject (which he also does frequently as well).

I think that someone's right and needs of guns can be different and I don't believe that there is a difference in clays shooting and other shooting sports. I personally want guns to hunt with and for self defense (I also like to shoot clays on occasion). I don't have a desire to own and shoot an AR-15 or any other military type of rifle for that matter, but if my neighbor has one and enjoys shooting them, that is his right and I don't in any way feel threatened by that ownership either.

I feel that a semi automatic such as an AR-15 is no more dangerous than other semi autos that are decked out for traditional sporting purposes just because it has a military style stock or tactical gear. I know that there are arguments on magazine sizes, but I don't think that they are really relevant to the issue. You still could do tons of damage with 5-10 shots.

There is a lot of ignorance and outright lies on the subject and I do believe that the anti gun crowd uses this to their advantage. They have done a pretty good job of "educating" some parts of the public to associate one of these military style semis to the full autos they see on the movies and I believe that the president was trying to play on these fears.

Tim, he did say soldiers, but I could have been taking him out of context without realizing it.

Does anyone really think it's wrong, as a statement, to say we as a society should not allow criminals or the mentally disabled to have the ability to buy guns?

That is already the law......and everyone already agrees that it is reasonable. No one is trying to repeal that.

Correct away, my wife does it all the time. I've come to expect it. :D

Correct away, my wife does it all the time. I've come to expect it. :D

OK.....I'll keep an eye on you.

:D

Which one is an assault rifle?

ruger1022.jpg

STK63161.JPG

The one on the bottom looks pretty dumb because it doesn't seem to have any mechanism for aiming.

ruger1022.jpg

STK63161.JPG

The one on the bottom looks pretty dumb because it doesn't seem to have any mechanism for aiming.

Aiming is for wusses.

So is the argument on high capacity "magazines" :p ,  you can do a lot of damage with 10-15 shots too so what difference does it make if you have a 60 - 100 round magazine?

Why do the feds limit waterfowlers to magazines of 3 shots as opposed to unlimited shots?  I'd say its because you can do more damage with more shots.

How would we as sporting arms owners look trying to explain to the survivors of the CO shooting the need for a high capacity magazine or why it's not relevant?

If you look back through this thread with an objective point of view, there are a few comments that would not do us proud as a whole to the rest of society.  Just saying.

This "need" business is bothersome. No one needs a 5.0l engine in their convertible nor anything over 80hp in their motorcycle. 5 shots, 10 shots, 100 shots doesn't make a lick of difference (unless you are talking about reliability, then I'd take the 5 shot). I certainly wouldn't want a committee deciding what constitutes an "assault rifle" either. And if had an AR (with non-restricted Canadian classification) I might take it hunting just for kicks. Because I can.
So is the argument on high capacity "magazines" :p ,  you can do a lot of damage with 10-15 shots too so what difference does it make if you have a 60 - 100 round magazine?

Why do the feds limit waterfowlers to magazines of 3 shots as opposed to unlimited shots?  I'd say its because you can do more damage with more shots.

How would we as sporting arms owners look trying to explain to the survivors of the CO shooting the need for a high capacity magazine or why it's not relevant?

If you look back through this thread with an objective point of view, there are a few comments that would not do us proud as a whole to the rest of society.  Just saying.

So what is a reasonable number of shells a mag should hold?

10?

5?

1?

Who decides what's reasonable?

Do we also limit the number of mags someone can own?

It seems to me that a person should have the ability to have the same size mag as a criminal very well might have......Can you really say it's ok to protect yourself and family......but only a little?

This "need" business is bothersome. No one needs a 5.0l engine in their convertible nor anything over 80hp in their motorcycle. 5 shots, 10 shots, 100 shots doesn't make a lick of difference (unless you are talking about reliability, then I'd take the 5 shot). I certainly wouldn't want a committee deciding what constitutes an "assault rifle" either. And if had an AR (with non-restricted Canadian classification) I might take it hunting just for kicks. Because I can.

You could get one of these. (I'm not sure how this is any less of a hunting rifle than a more traditional one)

200961710430-r15varmint_ms.jpg

I'm just glad to see gundogpa around rather than on Facebook. :love:

So some don't believe in the 'slippery slope', huh?

In 1954, at the age of 14, I walked into a hardware store and bought an H&R single 20 shotgun.  Plunked down my money and walked out with the it.

My buddies and I, when kids, used to walk a mile through town with our unsheathed rifles in hand and our pistols in a holster or stuck in the belt going to plink on the RR tracks outside of town.  Today, the Swat Team would be on you like flies on ####.

In the 40s, and 50s  students used to get on city public buses and school buses with their .22 rifles for the shooting club at school.

Yes, we have been on the slope and  extremists want to re-grease it.

come on ...did he really say only OUR military are the only ones that  should have AK's? :oh: ............. so besides business, capitalism, what a tax is and the constitution, we have something else(the military)  to add to the growing list of "stuff" he knows  nothing about?........ :glare:  :glare:

Don't forget how many states in the union.

:)

Chris Raymond

ruger1022.jpg

STK63161.JPG

Aiming is for wusses.

The point I think the poster was trying to make is that they're the same gun.  Just a guess though.