REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Thack

Climate Change

Climate Change  

1. 1. Climate Change

• Is human caused.
      Is human caused.
    • Is not human caused; part of the earth's normal climate cycles.
      Is human caused.
    • Is not occurring.
      Is human caused.
    • The Jury is still out (your undecided?)
      Is human caused.
    • Is a left wing conspiracy?
      Is human caused.
    • All science is a left wing conspiracy?
      Is human caused.

Hunshatt
he had a "equipment reduction" operation, or so he claims.....(I'd guess it was actually an operation to remove something his wife hid in a cavity....)

Rhode Island

I haven't read this whole thread so pardon any unintentional redundancy or flat-out ignorance but until someone finally figures out how to successfully employ nuclear fusion on a large scale we'll just continue to kick the energy can down the road.  Truly the holy grail of sustainable clean energy.

++1 Forgot about that, but.............again,the greenies.

The nuclear fusion Dogwood was referencing is very different than the nuclear fission used in modern nuclear power generation.  Fusion has the potential to be inherently more "green" than fission for a number of reasons.  

Fusion power is currently limited by the available technology; the "greenies" have nothing to do with it.

Nuclear Fusion

RI

garyRI
Mother Nature needed no assistance with the ice ages. But I guess they were OK because they were certified organic and natural.

Briarscratch
Just curious, if a "greenie" is some kind of misguided progress-impeder what would you call their diometric opposite and what are they do they actually accomplish?

Cooter Brown

Just curious, if a "greenie" is some kind of misguided progress-impeder what would you call their diometric opposite and what are they do they actually accomplish?

A "Brownie".  They kick ass.  They take names.

They should be running things as a benevolent dictatorship with universal hunting rights.

There's really only one.

Vote early and often.

Briarscratch

I see.   One more question then...

Is there any chance you've been mixing greenies with brownies this fine afternoon?

charlo slim
"Brownie" or "Cootie"?

GB Jack

a greenie?

opposite

a steamer (in comparison to a steam engine)

a person who is so driven to suceed they willd o whatever it takes. 'work hours" dont exist, because they never end. these are the people you call when your basement floods, your house gets struck by lightning, you break your leg, etc etc.

these were the people who founded this once great country.

Briarscratch
"steamer"     I'll second the motion!

Chubs
"steamer"     I'll second the motion!

That may be problematic for those hailing from the great city of Cleveland.

browndog
Is there any chance you've been mixing greenies with brownies this fine afternoon?

:D    :D     :D

North Dakota Hntr

Well, ain't this takin a fun little twist. Yur makin me laugh fellas.  :D

Well said Cooter.

Craig

valuman

So I guess I'm really an anomaly, a steaming greenie who works all the time because there are jobs to be created by helping more people add solar power to their homes.

One of the pieces that few understand regarding solar power is that it solves a number of issues beyond just making clean electricity. But I don't want to bore you guys with more facts.

I was on the record early regarding Solyndra. They had a poorly engineered "solution" from the start. It was a bad idea that should never have gained any traction in either administration. Just for the record.

Carry on!

GB Jack
So I guess I'm really an anomaly, a steaming greenie who works all the time because there are jobs to be created by helping more people add solar power to their homes.

One of the pieces that few understand regarding solar power is that it solves a number of issues beyond just making clean electricity. But I don't want to bore you guys with more facts.

I was on the record early regarding Solyndra. They had a poorly engineered "solution" from the start. It was a bad idea that should never have gained any traction in either administration. Just for the record.

Carry on!

you, my friend are "the one" the Mayans warned us about

Don Steese
a greenie?

opposite

a steamer (in comparison to a steam engine)

a person who is so driven to suceed they willd o whatever it takes. 'work hours" dont exist, because they never end. these are the people you call when your basement floods, your house gets struck by lightning, you break your leg, etc etc.

these were the people who founded this once great country.

So if lightning strikes my house and puts a hole in the roof and rainwater comes in through the hole and floods my basement and I break a leg going down the cellar steps to check out the water level, do I call three different "steamers" or is there one who can take care of it all??  Just askin'!!  :cool: