Climate Change

Climate Change  

1. 1. Climate Change

• Is human caused.
      Is human caused.
    • Is not human caused; part of the earth's normal climate cycles.
      Is human caused.
    • Is not occurring.
      Is human caused.
    • The Jury is still out (your undecided?)
      Is human caused.
    • Is a left wing conspiracy?
      Is human caused.
    • All science is a left wing conspiracy?
      Is human caused.

Search youtube for George Carlin's rant about this.  I agree with his POV.  Mother Earth has always taken care of herself and she sure isn't gonna let little organisms such as man screw her up.  She will get rid of us and start over again as she has always done.  Once dinos ruled - they're gone now.  We rule now - ????
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• john mcg

• valuman

• Briarscratch

bosco mctavitch

This is merely one example, but I wanted to point it out because the inevitable "it was so cold and we got so much snow, therefore global warming can't be real" comment is surely coming up pretty soon.  

And we never hear the inevitable "It's been so hot it must be global warming".

The point being that all scientists I have seen quoted agree that the climate is warming at an unprecedented rate, even looking back in geologic time--as far as I can tell even listening to skeptical scientists this is something that seems to be agreed upon at this point.  I'm merely pointing out that this warming can have localized or widespread "other effects" that on the surface don't seem to fit into the language people use to describe the overall trend, but that it does not necessarily call into question the overall trend.  

The more pertinent question is what is causing it, and I'll let others debate that.

Mike Connally
It's the Daylight Savings Time that is to blame.  That extra hour of daylight at the end of every day is heating everything up.  We didnt' have this problem until they started messing with the daily amount of sunlight.

Think about it.

I think this explains it. Stupid scientists...don't they ever look at the clock?

Scientists...did someone mention scientists?

Wasn't it about 4-5 years that the 'big dog'  expert scientists whose job was to report on global warming were caught 'cooking the books'?  BOY, that got swept under the rug real fast!!!!

There has been testamony after testamony  of meteoroligists and professors voicing their opinion that there was no warming but merely normal cycle changes.   Many lost their jobs or were rudely warned; don't go against the 'experts'.

Atleast 10-20% of everything you buy has a hidden EPA cost.  The EPA is the single biggest reason for 10s of millions of decent paying jobs leaving this country.

A lot of you were'nt around 50-60 years ago when down town skyscrapers couldn't be seen more than 4 miles away because of all the coal burning.  Now they can be seen for 20-25 miles. .....  Hmmm; where was the global warming back then?

The EPA is one of the 'Trojan horses' for America.  We are regulating ourselves to the poor house.

Yeah, dumb scientists.   All they care about is trimming a few lbs of the spaniel and finding a weekend to get away during hunting season.

Corrected. At least in the case of this scientist.

Briarscratch

Patriot, maybe the reasons people can see skyscrapers from more than 4 miles away is BECAUSE of the EPA.

Nah, I'm sure I'm wrong.  All those industrial super fund sites aren't the result of unregulated industries spewing toxic waste into the environment.  They're just part of a grand conspiracy to ruin this country.

Again, blame the scientists.  Bunch of commie dicks.

Patriot, maybe the reasons people can see skyscrapers from more than 4 miles away is BECAUSE of the EPA.

Nah, I'm sure I'm wrong.  All those industrial super fund sites aren't the result of unregulated industries spewing toxic waste into the environment.  They're just part of a grand conspiracy to ruin this country.

Again, blame the scientists.  Bunch of commie dicks.

I didn't read what he said that way.

Back then the scientists were equally 'stating' that the globe was gonna freeze.

This is a fact.

Yeah, dumb scientists.   All they care about is trimming a few lbs off the spaniel and finding a weekend to get away during hunting season.

Corrected. At least in the case of this scientist.

That's it for this scientist too :laugh:

Geeze now I feel as bad as vets  :oh:  

I did spend a career studing the last ice age in detail over northern lower and the UP of Michigan.  All I know is a little over 10,000 years ago we had ice over a mile thick where I'm sitting now, and it all melted, then drained to where the the Straits of Mackinac was a rather small river, then filled up again to where I would be sitting in post glacial Lake Michigan right now.  As crustal rebound continues the dune-swale complex you see along US 2 in the Naubinway area, each dune is formed in about 70 years.  I've been here long enough to see one formed over the last 25-30 years.  Us geological scientists (fill in the ___) recognize 5 to 7 glacial periods during the Pleistocene or roughly last 700,000 years.  Then there is a considerable amount of geologist that think the earth has been completely frozen, maybe more than once http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowball_Earth  and then thawed again.

So after all that scientist mumbo-jumbo all I know is the earth gets cold then the earth gets warm.  Some days are too damn hot for me and a few are too damn cold to even ice fish :laugh:

blame the scientists.  Bunch of commie dicks.

Finally something we can agree on

Yup.  And, something I've noticed in recent travels, the dirty bastages have snuck out and killed about half the forest conifers between Yellowstone NP and Yellowknife NWT.  Now they will likely try to blame it on "climate change".  Totally disgusting I'd say.