Climate Change

Climate Change  

1. 1. Climate Change

• Is human caused.
      Is human caused.
    • Is not human caused; part of the earth's normal climate cycles.
      Is human caused.
    • Is not occurring.
      Is human caused.
    • The Jury is still out (your undecided?)
      Is human caused.
    • Is a left wing conspiracy?
      Is human caused.
    • All science is a left wing conspiracy?
      Is human caused.

How about the news recently that NOAA is purchasing millions of rounds of hollow point ammunition?  Are they expecting some kind of Marshal Law from a weather disaster?  I just read about this story this morning in I think the Washington Post.
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• john mcg

• valuman

• Briarscratch

How about the news recently that NOAA is purchasing millions of rounds of hollow point ammunition?  

Hmmmmm..... well, at least now we know how they been killin' all them trees.

Roost em 1st

Human narcissism is alive and well. .... "the Sun revolves around the earth." ..."The earth is Flat"....

There was no answer for me. We contribute to factors that presently appear to affect climate. I'm not ready to say it's all us or none us. The fact is; we think everything is about us-as humans. It's particularly disturbing that folks who immerse themselves in outdoor pursuits can't come up with better ideas than the singular narcissistic idea that we alone are in complete control of even one acre of the earth, let alone the weather patterns for the entire planet.

Roost em 1st
How about the news recently that NOAA is purchasing millions of rounds of hollow point ammunition?  Are they expecting some kind of Marshal Law from a weather disaster?  I just read about this story this morning in I think the Washington Post.

I read about that, sounded fishy to me....

Came across this today in the WSJ. Seems we are not the only bunch debating climate change these days.

http://online.wsj.com/article....24.html

Seems like every summer we have to go through this nonsense because its hot. Fall will be here soon, temps will cool off and this debate can be shelved till next July. Just another reason to love the fall.

A comparison can be made relative to the use of tobacco products and cancer. People did not, and some still do not, "believe" the direct relationship.

It does not matter if you "believe" in the overall increase in the atmosphere's Carbon dioxide concentration or increase of the Earth's average temperature. It is happening. And, the industrial revolution, ie. us, is responsible for it. The data do not lie.

I noted the other day that one of the most celebrated naysayers--a physics prof. from Berkely-- jumped onto the man caused GW wagon with both feet.  Was long a doubter until he analyzed data that he had criticized others for not considering--and once he did, came to the conclusion that the recent more sudden rise is real,  and the only thing it can be tied to--is man caused increase in CO2.

Back then the scientists were equally 'stating' that the globe was gonna freeze.

This is a fact.

But is it a fact?

http://www.aiacny.org/2009....009.pdf

I'll be first to admit that I haven't stayed up to date in the scientific debate on the general subject, nor have I spent much time trying to assess the credibility of the site/info cited above.  Just food for thought.

I noted the other day that one of the most celebrated naysayers--a physics prof. from Berkely-- jumped onto the man caused GW wagon with both feet.  Was long a doubter until he analyzed data that he had criticized others for not considering--and once he did, came to the conclusion that the recent more sudden rise is real,  and the only thing it can be tied to--is man caused increase in CO2.

This supports my vote for: All science is a left wing conspiracy

Thanks.

Patriot, maybe the reasons people can see skyscrapers from more than 4 miles away is BECAUSE of the EPA.

Nah, I'm sure I'm wrong.  All those industrial super fund sites aren't the result of unregulated industries spewing toxic waste into the environment.  They're just part of a grand conspiracy to ruin this country.

Again, blame the scientists.  Bunch of commie dicks.

Scratch; one of my points was, if green house gases cause global warming, those summers 50-60 years should have been hell on earth.

John is correct; they were saying we were going into an ice age.  Now; they can't make up there mind and just call it 'climate change'.   Well, duh, it's been going on for thousands of years.

No, I'm not for dirty air and water.  Things were cleaned up pretty well by 1990 and continued to get better.  I we had stuck to 1990 standards we would still have those millions of jobs that left.

The problem is extremists gravitate to agencies like the EPA and thus the over regulation because they are never satisfied.

Since "both" was not an option, I voted for human caused. I believe that it's probably part of a normal ebb and flow but I also think we've worsened the current warming trend by our actions. What do we do about the problem?  Just like most everything else, it's complicated. We here in the US can overcompensate, but unless we get the so called "developing" countries to also do something, it's not going to accomplish very much. You've got to find a way to protect the environment without doing undue harm to the already faltering economy. It takes people a lot smarter than I am to determine the right balance between the two.

I must say I'm surprised to see so many voting for human caused. Conventional wisdom would dictate that a hunting board would be top heavy in very conservative folks who are the ones who usually pooh-pooh these things. Glad to see it's not turning out that way.

I'm not surprised at the voting results.  For decades  school children have had it drummed into their heads by teachers and professors about man-made cooling er....er..no; warming..eh; no climate change.

Science is supposed to be based on fact and there is no hard factual evidence of man-made  abnormal climate change.  What we have is hypothosis about warming and cooling taken as fact and fed to the masses.

BTW, I see no comments about the "scientists" that were caught red handed cooking the books to support abnormal climate change.

Yeah, dumb scientists.   All they care about is trimming a few lbs off the spaniel and finding a weekend to get away during hunting season.

Corrected. At least in the case of this scientist.

That's it for this scientist too :laugh:

Geeze now I feel as bad as vets  :oh:  

I did spend a career studing the last ice age in detail over northern lower and the UP of Michigan.  All I know is a little over 10,000 years ago we had ice over a mile thick where I'm sitting now, and it all melted, then drained to where the the Straits of Mackinac was a rather small river, then filled up again to where I would be sitting in post glacial Lake Michigan right now.  As crustal rebound continues the dune-swale complex you see along US 2 in the Naubinway area, each dune is formed in about 70 years.  I've been here long enough to see one formed over the last 25-30 years.  Us geological scientists (fill in the ___) recognize 5 to 7 glacial periods during the Pleistocene or roughly last 700,000 years.  Then there is a considerable amount of geologist that think the earth has been completely frozen, maybe more than once http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowball_Earth  and then thawed again.

So after all that scientist mumbo-jumbo all I know is the earth gets cold then the earth gets warm.  Some days are too damn hot for me and a few are too damn cold to even ice fish :laugh:

Yes, indeedy, a good post. If global climate change/warming is caused by humans, how did a few cavemen cause all that ice to melt, time after time??

Might the sun and solar cycles have more to do with global climate change?

Any accurate scientific theory about climate change must explain the many thousands of years of climate change evidenced in the geologic record/ice core studies/history, not just something which supposedly occurred one time over the last few decades.