REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
River19

Sandy

River19

Non-event really where I was in southeastern MA.  Along the coast was a different story.  The ride home was blowing enough to make it eventful even in an 8000lb truck, only lost power for 30seconds.....thankfully.

Now to the fun of dealing with 800 stores which are down......and helping our coworkers get their lives back together in the mid-atlantic.

I hope Dave et al are alright......he's in a tough spot for this one.

Cooter Brown
Been watching it all morning here (HK) and it is UGLY.   Sending Mojo to all in the path of this nasty B1tch.

Yep.

Hope to hear soon from the folks in the bad areas.

PC, Backlash and others are in our thoughts around here.  Hopefully when they get some juice and a little time we'll hear a good report.

fuess
Fuess, where is your place in South Jersey/ I'm in OC.

Dave hope you aren't under water.

Long bEach Island.  My sister has a place there as well as a business in Stone harbor.  THe pics from her friens who stayed are not good.  LBI was completely flooded.  96st in Stone harbor was 3ft of water.

Today should produce good pics.  My sister is convinced she will be living in PA for a while.

Will keep you posted as I hear.

fase3
I just pray that all of the folks in the path of that monster are safe!

Brad Eden
Scratch is holed up with no power. Haven't heard how Dave/PC or Backlash faired.

john mcg

Power has been out since supper last night.

PSNH says possibly for days.

When a chevron passes overhead, we are likely to lose power.

:(

Don Steese
It wasn't as bad here as it might have been. We live in the woods and had only one tree come down, an old dead pine...however it came down on the hood of my Ridgeline. Wouldn't you know it??  Couple little dents in the front fender and a broken mirror. The way things go these days it'll probably be a grand or so!  The worst part is that my wife has been nagging me for two years to cut that tree down because, "it's going to fall on something!"  Don't you hate it when they're right??  Hope the NJ guys are OK!!

DennisMcFeely

Here in the NW corner of NJ the power has been out since 5pm yesterday.  Tree down through the backyard fence, tree down across the road in front of the house, trees down everywhere.  I'm guessing power will be out for a while, no structural damage to house or vehicles but the main thing is we are all safe and sound.

I hope everyone got through Sandy ok.

Backlash

Well, now the clean up begins.    It's still blowing a bit here but it feels like a spring breeze compared to the last two and a half days.  Water is still high and many places are out of reach without a hummer with snorkel.  Downtown is still under feet of water and a real sh!t sandwich for those that stayed down there. The water came over my docks and bulkhead but never really threatened the house so everything here is fine outside of some cabin fever the boys have contracted.   I'm about to cure that with some good ol' fashioned manual labor cleaning up and hauling debris.

On a good note, we never lost power,cable, or interweb and a few minutes ago I spied the Sun.

Can I please start my bird season now?

Cooter Brown
Good to hear, Tommy.  Damned glad you made out OK.  That was one heck of a storm--the winds from it were high enough even all the way down here to knock power out in areas.

jbeck

We had measured wind gusts up to 80 mph in Philly.  Had a very large tree lose 4 branches and come down through the fence, but missed the awning and patio door by 20 feet.  Out front, across the street, a 100 foot tree came entirely down and is on top of a 2 fences and a few cars.  Too soon to assess what else happened on other streets in the neighborhood.

Off to help the neighbors.  Hope everyone stays safe and no one had any significant damage.

JK SE PA
We got through unscathed.  No loss of power or any damage, although there are many around us with no power and damage.  I feel very fortunate.  The rain never seemed to amount to what they made it seem it would.  Taking a dog out to do his business in the mega gusts last night was sure fun.  Now I'm prepping for having her parents, my parents, and my sister over for dinner since none of them have power.  Good luck to those with lots of clean up and hopefully the power will back on asap for those without.  I hope everyone got the least of what could have been.

bntsetter

South Central Ma was fine - No power loss. just a couple of dead tree limbs that came down.  I think the ICE storm from a few years ago did the pruning necessary.

My in laws lost power (poughkeepsie area of NY) for about 8 hours but things a re back and running for them now.

Thinking of all those south.

Greg Hartman

Still no power - that will be for a long tiime.

There were eight trees across my lane - mostly tall old pines from the area on my place that was a Christmas tree farm 50+ years ago.  Surprisingly, nothing was blocking the township road up the mountain.  Likewise, no big trees down up in the mountain.

I spent the morning cleaing the lane - just got done.  It's passable now.  It will take me months to clean up all the mess, like it did from last October's storm, but everything that needed to be done urgently is now done.

No damage to the outbuildings.

Hope everyone else makes it through OK.

henryrski

Amazingly our house escaped unscathed, much to my everlasting surprise. Can't get to the shore for a couple of days to assess the damage there.

Fuess I guess you can expect a lot of water damage, hope FEMA comes thru for you.