REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
River19

Sandy

fuess

We here in SE PA are fine.  No major loss of power or communication.

Sis and dad were just told expect to not be let back on island for 10 days.

This could be a major catastrophy for the jersey shore!

Steve Hunts

Mom & Dad in CT report lot's of branches down and one big maple that crashed through fence on property line.  They are 7 miles inland from Long Island Sound.  Power is back on.

Best wishes to everyone who was in the path of Sandy.

trust me

Could be the season ending cliffhanger that ensures they get picked up for new episodes next year.

WPG Gizmo

Well the party is over Sandy has left the area.  Maybe a inch of rain high winds for about 3 hours and plenty of cleanup to do.

Last evening about 11pm we got a call on the radio to clean up a tree that fell it was relayed it fell on a car in the driveway but we were called off as the wrecker crew cleaned it up and we had other things to do.  Come to find out today that the tree was a large old birch that we knew was going to come down but due to the fact it was in wires on th eside of the road we could not touch it.  Last evening during the storm it came down and crushed the cab of a pick up coming down the hill causing a fatality.  

Hope everyone rode Sandy without any major issues

Backlash

Could be the season ending cliffhanger that ensures they get picked up for new episodes next year.

Wouldn't want your DVR to go unused there Marty.

popplecop

My hopes and prayers for all those effected by Sandy.  Expect it will be a long time for the damage to be repaied.  Power crews from here have gone east to help restore the eletricity.

Trust Me, are you getting a lot of snow?  Hope all is well there.

fase3
If anyone hears about those of our members that were most exposed to this monster PLEASE LET US KNOW! Living in south La. where they come on a regular basis I can appreciate what they are going thru!

tartanshooter

There's a sailboat in Oxford MD leaning over

and being supported by it's mast against  a power line.

We're 11 miles from the ocean and by the Grace of God, came out unscathed. Only lost power for less than an hour.

I really worry about PC though.

dick

Cooter Brown

I really worry about PC though.

dick

It looks to me like Dave was in the meat of this thing.  Right in the teeth.

Seems to me like he's a pretty resourceful and creative man, and I know he loves his family.  I have no doubt he's done the best by them that could be done.

Let's all hope and pray for the best for all UJers and everyone else in the path of this Sandy bitch.

I am awed by what this storm has wrought.

Bonasa
Seems to me like he's a pretty resourceful and creative man, and I know he loves his family.  I have no doubt he's done the best by them that could be done.

Yeah that!  Dave would look out for his family.  I am more concerned about risks he might take himself to assist others in trouble.

valuman

Watching some tv reporting on the storms impact in NJ and NY now and I'm blown away by what I'm seeing from a category one hurricane. God bless all of the folks down there who are dealing with this.

I've been thinking about Dave and his family as well. Hopefully someone will hear from him and let us know that they're all okay.

Jazz4Brazo
X10

Runningdog

Lots of rain and wind here in NE Ohio lost a 60ft. pine snapped of 6ft. from the ground al else is good...

Now the ? is who pi$$ed off mother nature she can be a real beech when she wants....

valuman
And what about 'scratch? I know he was posting as the storm approached but I haven't seen anything from him lately either. Has anyone?

tartanshooter
Now the ? is who pi$$ed off mother nature she can be a real beech when she wants....

Murdering babies calling it "choice" and queer marriages.

Dick