REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
River19

Sandy

PWZ
Now the ? is who pi$$ed off mother nature she can be a real beech when she wants....

Murdering babies calling it "choice" and queer marriages.

Dick

ahh, there's the classy bigot.

tricker
And what about 'scratch? I know he was posting as the storm approached but I haven't seen anything from him lately either. Has anyone?

He's posting on FB.  Sounds like he's surrounded by downed trees and doesn't have any power to the house.

gundogpa
And what about 'scratch? I know he was posting as the storm approached but I haven't seen anything from him lately either. Has anyone?

He is doing OK.....trees and power lines down all around and the roads closed......says he can hear the road crews down the street and hopes they might get to him today sometime.

B J Smith
If the NWS named it A-Rod it would have missed the entire east coast  :D

trust me
Trust Me, are you getting a lot of snow?  Hope all is well there.

Kentucky is fine.  A couple feet of snow in the high elevations but the populated areas got less or even none.  

Lots of relief effort being put together and sent to the Northeast.

patriot

Now the ? is who pi$$ed off mother nature she can be a real beech when she wants....

Murdering babies calling it "choice" and queer marriages.

Dick

ahh, there's the classy bigot.

Ummm......The dictionary says bigotry is clinging unreasonably to a belief.  His opion, as the majority of the country, is not without reason.   Although, I do not believe the storm was some kind of judgement.

MTRookie76
Anyone heard how PC is doing?

Brad Eden

I've been wondering the same thing.

* I just called his house and left a message on his answering machine. I guess it's a good sign his landline phone seems to be working.

Marc

trail-inside1.jpg

Ouch - NJ got the brunt of the wind and water.

My thoughts go out to those south of us.

(It's a big graphic - suiting for a big storm.)

trust me

I've been wondering the same thing.

* I just called his house and left a message on his answering machine. I guess it's a good sign his landline phone seems to be working.

If his machine picked up, he has phone and electric.  I bet he's flooded though.  Flooding was awful in NJ.

browndog

Out of power here for 24 hours; windy and rainy but no trees/big limbs down and no damage...

Anyone heard from Backlash?

B du B

Out of power here for 24 hours; windy and rainy but no trees/big limbs down and no damage...

Anyone heard from Backlash?

Texted with him yesterday, Paul - Tommy's fine, and was cleaning up.  'Scratch is,  too - this morning when we spoke, the tree guys were 100 yards away and cutting, so he's almost out.

PC's house may be OK, but he may not be allowed back in it yet, as some roads are still flooded.  Manasquan took a pretty bad whack.  Also, most of central NJ has no cable or internet - I'm on 'cause I just figured out how to use my phone as a wifi hotspot.

A lot depends on the shape of your beach - my M-I-L's summer place in Wildwood Crest is on a 6-block-wide strip between the ocean and the bay, but because the beach is 1/4 mile deep, water never reached them.

We lost a couple trees, and power for a day, but my worst casualty was my Weber gas grill, which somersaulted a couple times in the wind and didn't survive...

Almost Heaven GSP's
I'm about 7miles inland as the crow flies given my proximity to PVD RI and right now, I've had stronger farts than the winds at my place.  That baing said I expect it to pick up.

The weather channel is going apeshite over the fact that there are 35-40mph winds from NC to Boston.....35-40 is a cakewalk and it would be great if it only tops off in the 60mph range.....

Hatteras already go about 8" of rain........yikes.

I'll take the windy side over the rainy side, the Irene flooding was enough for a while.  The Snow in WV is nutts.

Jason, Wildbird that is, will have some tales to tell about the snow and Woodcock hunting in WV. He was in Canaan Valley since Saturday and had planned to spend the week. After over 48 hours without power, he was able to push his way out through the snow in his truck and was headed to JRM's with his wife and young'un, the last he and I talked earlier this eve. He said he was pushing snow with the front end to get out to the main road and wasn't too sure at times.

Bryan Lee

Power came back on at noon today. No damage to house or property. Lucky I suppose.

Hard to believe, but in my area Isabelle in 2003 was worse.

Iver
It's good to hear / see people checking in.    Thinking of you all and hoping for a fast clean up... and insurance hassle free.