REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
River19

Sandy

River19

Just what we needed, another ass-kciker of a storm to hit the east coast corridor.  Of course the models are still trying to figure this thing out, could be a boat load of rain, wind or snow or all three.

I'll tell you what, I'm saving everything in my freezer this time after taking about a year to build it back up after Irene.  If we get the heavy rain again, I hope it sticks to the coast and doesn't follow the Irene track, 12" of rain 3 hours is a little tough to handle.

This should be intersting to see how it comes together.....I hoep it blows to sea....

Rex Hoppie
Halloween should be fun.

Coalman

Good time to gas up and start the generators before the blow.

We'll fill our vehicles with gas as storage in case power is lost for a prolonged period.

Chukarman

Our house in Jamaica was in the direct path of the hurricane. It was a class one blow - 80 mph winds tops. I have been in worse.

Waiting to hear any damage reports.

You guys can expect a lot of rain...

rprovines

Come on out, we'll make cheese or stuff sausage or something.

End of times

WPG Gizmo
Looks like it will be OVERTIME for me :D

Briarscratch

The last one was SO much fun.

321656_2631388709070_1597872063_n.jpg

bmeador
I just checked the long range forecast for this thing.  I'm 50 miles west of Richmond and it may get nasty this far inland!  I feel for you guys that are gonna take a direct hit.  Stay safe and stock up brown liquids, propane and batteries.

john mcg

Yup--could be nasty, but I hope not.

Fill up vehicles and all gas cans--genny ready.

Plenty of food and water stores and wood.

The wife gets a kick out of cooking on the camp stove, as we don't ask the generator to power the electric stove and oven.

Good excuse to make a big pot of chili--something about a storm and a pot of chili.

ccavacini

Batten down, boys.  Good luck.

77 in Ft. Wayne today.

Ted Moore

They just changed the track and it looks like we in New England will be spared. FrankenStorm is supposed to hit NJ right in the face, and maybe even wash it out to sea. I say good riddance.

TNWCC

rprovines
They just changed the track and it looks like we in New England will be spared. FrankenStorm is supposed to hit NJ right in the face, and maybe even wash it out to sea. I say good riddance.

TNWCC

From here, geographically speaking, New Jersey is New England. You guys won't claim 'em huh? I don't know, Easterners are all the same to us. Halloween is 12 months long there.

River19
Ron if it comes, We're roadtripping for some cheese making and bread baking.....and some bacon.....everything's better with bacon....

tartanshooter

935 by the glass!

Yikes!

L. Gallagher

My son in Pittsfield, VT is once again battening down the hatches, but he's also emptying out the freezer in the basement and looking for someone to help him move it upstairs, buying extra gas, parking a car way down the road at a friend's so he can get out, lots of extra water, and, oh, a generator will be purchased...he had been intending to, but this incoming weather has him shopping now. I told him he'll be lucky to find one by tomorrow night...

I am going to ask his brother, who helped him after Irene, if he has time to make a quick weekend trip to Vermont...with a generator, gas, water, etc.

Jamie already bought out the cheaper grocery store in Rutland, along with everybody else in that fair city...

Unfortunately, heat is a concern this time if his basement floods again...