If You Could Live Anywhere

greypartridge

I'm surprised more retired bird hunters don't consider Arizona. Nice warm weather, low humidity, and desert quail. Don't know if I'll ever end up there, but it's certainly tempting.

This is probably a good choice and one I might have made when I retired if I had known anything about Arizona's quality quail hunting.

I've only been out there a couple times and that was for golf, they certainly have great winter weather.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greypartridge

• john mcg

• Peent

• idcut

greypartridge

I've mentioned it many times to my wife--I get the look.

edit--correction late 70's.

:)

Has your wife been out there? What does she not like about it?

Is she from the east coast with family there?

Mike Connally
Traverse City, Michigan.

World class fishing, whitetail deer hunting, small game, good shopping, hospitals, culture, winery, and tourism.

Big enough not to feel small yet small enough not to feel big.

Another vote for Traverse City, MI. Plenty of good bird hunting close by. TC has lots going for it as a small city.

I've mentioned it many times to my wife--I get the look.

edit--correction late 70's.

:)

Has your wife been out there? What does she not like about it?

Is she from the east coast with family there?

Family in Oklahoma and Virginia.

She loves NH and the idea of living out there seems foreign and removed from everyone.

What sort of employment would you be looking for?

In general, Stillwater or Northfield (MN) are on my shortlist of all round nice lifestyle towns with urban access and good bird hunting nearby.  Stillwater if you're a grouse hunter, Northfield for pheasants.  If you don't care about urban access or pheasants, Duluth and Bemidji are both nice towns.

I've got to tell you.. I've lived a lot of places in my life, I'm not sure I want to be anyplace other than coastal new england.... north of Boston, mass or Nh..... great saltwater fishing.. great freshwater... deer all over... grouse and woodcock  in big numbers... plenty of access to millions of acres easily within 2-4 hours..... great east coast skiing, lots of hiking...bla bla bla .....
greypartridge

What sort of employment would you be looking for?

In general, Stillwater or Northfield (MN) are on my shortlist of all round nice lifestyle towns with urban access and good bird hunting nearby.  Stillwater if you're a grouse hunter, Northfield for pheasants.  If you don't care about urban access or pheasants, Duluth and Bemidji are both nice towns.

Thanks to everyone so far for their responses.

My background has been in small residential developments , land acquisition for clients, general real estate, custom home building, real estate investments for clients, consulting,1031 exchanges, real estate management.

Have extensive experience in doing work for the mega rich. Would like to find a situation managing a real estate portfolio and even on site management of a large property for a high profile client(s).

Traverse City, Michigan.

World class fishing, whitetail deer hunting, small game, good shopping, hospitals, culture, winery, and tourism.

Have to agree.  Beautiful area with lots to do (and one of the best smallmouth lakes around)

Why limit yourself to the US? The wife and I are looking at Argentina pretty hard. It will be a working retirement as we will be buying a vineyard. Cheap cost of living, great weather (think N. California), doves and perdiz for hunting, good fishing. Safe, great medical, US trained doctors etc. There are a million good reasons.
Traverse City, Michigan.

Have to agree.  Beautiful area with lots to do (and one of the best smallmouth lakes around)

Beautiful area.

You really don't want to move to NH.

Its provincial and there are way too many 'live free or die' nut cases around. THe grouse have been gone for years and all of our trout streams are fished out, too.

The skiing is better in Vermont and the mountains are prettier.

The banana belt town of Lewiston ID sounds as though it could meet your requirement. Mild winters, decent shopping and relatively close to Spokane if the shopping and culture in Lewiston doesn't cut it.

Decent upland bird hunting in the area with excellent steelhead fishing almost out ones back door. Fairly close to Dworshak reservoir for some good blueback and smallmouth fishing. Big game hunting nearby as well.

Boise is fine, but it's changed dramatically from the late 70's early 80's. Relatively good climate year round, compared to other parts of the state-a bit more vibrant than most other areas of the state as well.