If You Could Live Anywhere

greypartridge

CdnWingShooter

Saskatchewan.

I'll meet ya' there!!

I'm packed. When?

...could still hunt ruffed grouse there too, but I would miss the ebb and flow of the woodcock migration.  I would have to make an annual trip to someplace for woodcock.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greypartridge

• john mcg

• Peent

• idcut

GB Jack,

You missed a couple, spruce grouse and sharptails! Although, I'm not sure what the spruce grouse population is in S ID.

I've been heading out there now for three years straight, more blm land than a guy, could ever use, more variety of upland game birds than anywhere in north America. Not sure a few people in Boise , would deter me from moving there, but as always, different strokes for different folks

Tell me where else I could shoot a Hun,phez,  quail, chuckar, ruffed grouse, and blue grouse in two days of hunting?

Minus the quail, montana. When you said Southern Idaho, I think of the Pocatello to Twin Falls area as S. Idaho. Boise is really W or sw Idaho. Used to be, the hunting was better in the Magic Valley until the pheasant crashed. We had all the birds you mention but quail and the most spectacular duck hunting I've seen.

Hard to get permission to hunt there now; all the great pheasant land is private and numbers aren't what they were.

Dual residence:

Marquette, Mi       Sept - December

(Close to best Ruffed Grouse hunting anywhere)

Isla Morada, FL     Jan - August

(Excellent underwater hunting and healthy lifestyle)

Why limit yourself to the US? The wife and I are looking at Argentina pretty hard. It will be a working retirement as we will be buying a vineyard. Cheap cost of living, great weather (think N. California), doves and perdiz for hunting, good fishing. Safe, great medical, US trained doctors etc. There are a million good reasons.

I would NEVER advise anyone to move to Argentina to live. Argentina has fabulous hunting and fishing and one of the world's most corrupt governments. If you put any money in any Argentine bank the Peronist government will find a way to steal it or tax it away. And that includes the branches of US or UK based banks. Corruption and theft wise you'd be better off in Russia and it's very bad there.

Be sure to get detailed advice from Consular staff at the US Embassy in Buenas Aires before any move there.

Best of Luck!

Kansas Big Dog

everything inside 495 is like living in a borough  of Boston.... We've got woods, farms ect where I'm at.... wages are reasonable, if you pick the right place , housing is affordable, relative to wages

Yeah, an freakin people everywhere.

everything inside 495 is like living in a borough  of Boston.... We've got woods, farms ect where I'm at.... wages are reasonable, if you pick the right place , housing is affordable, relative to wages

Yeah, an freakin people everywhere.

And kamikaze-like drivers.

There is something in the water down there. I always figured it to be the Merrimack.

Easy

Southern idaho

Lot of people in S. Id. Jack. Not as easy to find great hunting as you may think. Was once though.

Had a Kennel and guiding operation in Declo for a number of years.

I've been heading out there now for three years straight, more blm land than a guy, could ever use, more variety of upland game birds than anywhere in north America. Not sure a few people in Boise , would deter me from moving there, but as always, different strokes for different folks

Tell me where else I could shoot a Hun,phez,  quail, chuckar, ruffed grouse, and blue grouse in two days of hunting?

Paradise Valley, Nv.