The finer things

Since I don't own a nice hunting dog and my shotguns were gifts, maybe you all can show off those nicer things of yours not necessarily hunting related.  Mine are watches.  I've always been a fan of nice watches, Omegas in particular, and I've fortunate enough to own two of them.  One was a gift from my dad and the other was a birthday gift from my wife.

38151_1422758302357_5913605_n.jpg

35274_1422777862846_4970743_n.jpg

The first photo is the one my wife gave me.  The second photo is of both of my watches, the one on the left being a gift from my dad.  These watches hold a lot of sentimental value and are items I never plan on parting with.

So what are your "prized items" besides your canines and shotguns?  I'd love to see 'em!

Kip

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• MIshooter

• Briarscratch

• wkburns

This could be a good thread. Tim will probably need his own thread to show off all his finer stuff.

Finer stuff? I was gonna go take a photo of my big game heads that are lined up in storage in the rental house cellar but those are hunting related. We do have some nice primitive antique furniture and stuff but that's in storage. And I have a decent collection of antique fishing lures and fishing decoys and reels etc, also in storage. Nothing id consider fine though.

I have concluded that I am white trash. :down:  :laugh:

This could be a good thread. Tim will probably need his own thread to show off all his finer stuff.

all I got is a vest picture....  :devil:

PartridgeCartridge
35274_1422777862846_4970743_n.jpg

All I see here is a nice dog and a new shotgun.

PS, there is a clock on your cell phone.

Briarscratch

With two dogs and two kids I'm starting to conclude I shouldn't have nice things.  That said, here are two pieces of loot, both made my fellow UJers.

My money clip from Crazy Horse.

BriarScratch.jpg

And my custom "Briarscratch edition" Peake guitar made by LabHunter.

briarontable.jpg

briarrosette.jpg

briarfront.jpg

Both are kept well hidden from the curious hands of 5 and 8 year olds.

IMG_1157a.jpg

(NOTE: My wife, Val, was standing next to me as I was responding to this thread.  So, of course, she is the "finer stuff" in my life.  I have some other goodies I'll show you later.)

X1000

Pretty much the same story here as well.  Here's a pic of my very fine "double wide" though,  AKA Oklahoma motor home, AKA "quail camp".  $5/sq ft.... delivered. Situated on 400 acres (half granite, the other half mesquite plus some ponds). It does look a bit different now though.

oklahomamotorhome_zpse0eff49e.jpg

All I see here is a nice dog and a new shotgun.

PC, I've been told phone = clock many times.  My dad has been a bit of a watch nut for a long time (that Omega was his only watch until he got his Rolex after he lost 200+ lbs.)  He got me and brother hooked and I couldn't part with either watch.

I don't know how many times I've told my wife I wish I'd 're-caught' the hunting bug before we had kids when we were both working.  Then a fine shotgun and a nice dog wouldn't have been an issue  :glare:.

Kip

DennisMcFeely

You know you could trade your fine shotguns for a Mossberg pump right?

My money clip from Crazy Horse.

BriarScratch.jpg

A crown of thorns around Jesus Christ's money clip?

Really, I don't value very highly many 'things', but perhaps for a finely made acoustic guitar.

This dread made by Steve Reeves: Cocobolo, Sitka with French Polish.

293663_537171656295910_2066440695_n.jpg

What I really value is being able to get outside with my wife/best friend and two four legged friends.

530389_535619893117753_453071029_n.jpg

184521_535618463117896_1206983206_n.jpg

And to have a nice warm and comfy room with a wood stove to hang out in...

735178_532769203402822_1055664309_n.jpg

318569_532786840067725_763360153_n.jpg

X1000

While we're on the subject of fine objects owned by white trash, I should share my hunting rig.  327,000 miles, all original.

DSCF0010-1_zps903c13a9.jpg

Is it perverse that I park it in a garage full of this kind of stuff?

c1574587.jpg

c6911bed.jpg

0548871a.jpg

I have strange priorities.

X1000

Pretty much the same story here as well.  Here's a pic of my very fine "double wide" though,  AKA Oklahoma motor home, AKA "quail camp".  $5/sq ft.... delivered. Situated on 400 acres (half granite, the other half mesquite plus some ponds). It does look a bit different now though.

oklahomamotorhome_zpse0eff49e.jpg

Nice truck.