• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• MIshooter

• Briarscratch

• wkburns

I have my Dad's gold Elgin three o:clock stem pocket watch given to him on the occasion of his 21st birthday in 1925.

Runs if you wind it.  It is gold where not worn off to brass.  The jeweler who fixed it and made it run said I could easily get $50 for it.  So if I wanted I could break even.

Briarscratch

My money clip from Crazy Horse.

BriarScratch.jpg

A crown of thorns around Jesus Christ's money clip?

LOL.  Well, it could be interpreted that way.  I figure it increases the value and appeal should my estate ever need to dispose of it.

0548871a.jpg

Tell me more.

Do you like it?

What is with the crazy stomper pedals?  Are they Crank Bros.?

Since I don't have what most folks consider "finer" items I guess it would have to be my northwoods redneckmobile. 1951 CJ3A:

TheJeep.jpg

greypartridge

Since I don't have what most folks consider "finer" items I guess it would have to be my northwoods redneckmobile. 1951 CJ3A:

TheJeep.jpg

That jeep qualifies as "One of the Finer Items" :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Paul

I don't know if this would qualify as "finer things", but one of the few things I'll spend, or even borrow money for, is travel.  

Since Sharon and I got married we have been lucky enough to travel pretty often (Europe, Africa, Canada) .  Nowadays our daughter, who caught the travel bug early, and Sharon travel together too.  For the past 4 years we have also rented a place in either northern NH or VT for October hunting vacations.

We'll be spending our 20th anniversary in Italy later this year.

To me, experiences and memories are the finer things in life.

Country Nate

I have concluded that I am white trash. :down:  :laugh:

You rang? :D

This is one of the few material objects that I wouldn't part with.  

1959 730 Diesel, Electric Start.  The last of JD's 2 cylinders.  Every time I crank her up I grin from ear to ear.2012-04-29114434.jpg

My other passion, probably above dogs and hunting at this time, but varies in cycles. Do not really care about much else.

P1000570_edited.jpg

Craig Doherty

c1574587.jpg

The Lightspeed's probably worth more than the car -- I'd keep it in the garage as well -- too bad it doesn't have a dog box.

I don't know if this would qualify as "finer things", but one of the few things I'll spend, or even borrow money for, is travel.  

Since Sharon and I got married we have been lucky enough to travel pretty often (Europe, Africa, Canada) .  Nowadays our daughter, who caught the travel bug early, and Sharon travel together too.  For the past 4 years we have also rented a place in either northern NH or VT for October hunting vacations.

We'll be spending our 20th anniversary in Italy later this year.

To me, experiences and memories are the finer things in life.

Traveling certainly constitutes finer.  My grandparents have taken my family and my cousins, aunts, and uncles on my mom's side on numerous trips over the years.  Caribbean cruise, Alaskan cruise, 2 weeks in CA driving up and down the coast, all-inclusives to Mexico.  Those are easily some of my favorite and most cherished memories.  My cousins are like brothers and sisters to me and my grandparents are the best any kid could've asked for.

Kip

My backyard.

appletreegrouse006_zpsb9fb8d05.jpg

Dang Scott.  Where exactly are you in MI?  I might be giving sending a PM your way this fall...  :glare:.

Kip

This is one of the few material objects that I wouldn't part with.  

1959 730 Diesel, Electric Start.  The last of JD's 2 cylinders.  Every time I crank her up I grin from ear to ear.

Sweet ride.  And nice Bimini top!