• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• MIshooter

• Briarscratch

• wkburns

Come to think of it I do have a small dilapidated 60 year old hunting camp,  a 15 year old 4 wheeler, a 22 year old Troybilt tiller and a 54 year old wife and a 29 year marriage. Things are generally falling apart but still running.
Don;t worry Brad.... you'll be getting a goberment check in the mail from the chosen one.... and a cell phone... your worries are ober
Don;t worry Brad.... you'll be getting a goberment check in the mail from the chosen one.... and a cell phone... your worries are ober

Bridge cards always help too.

If you look at my avatar you will see our 1984 Islander "Irish Eyes". We plan to load it up mid Feburary and head south to Florida. It will be our first big trip since we took her to the Bahamas after I retired.

Not planning to go to the Bahamas but stay at a marina near St Augustine for a month then go somewhere, time will tell. Should be out for about 3 months.

Setter will be sent to my son's house in NY. I wanted to send her to Tom Ginger for finishing but the Admiral would not let her stay in a kennel? But, joy of joys, we will take the mini dachund and the 18 pound cat.

It will be in the 70's today and we will take her out for a day sail, maybe on Sunday also. She is simple inside, no refrigeration, shower, generator,hot water but she is paid for and sails sweet.

Ok I like a bit of travel, have been known to enjoy some single malt and have a fetish for motorcycles, and old cars.  

I didn't really think of these things as the finer things.   I love the watch pics included.  Those I definitely consider to be finer things, but find it hard to buy them for myself.  

I do however find the coin to purchase the odd fountain pen.   Those I like a lot.

pa'tridge hunters
Lars was going to post a long list of his finer things, but he was afraid the State of Idaho would get wind of it and want some more money. :devil:
I got nothing.

I hate to see people go without. If you send me your address I will gift you my fine Mexican pen. Breaks my heart but I'm sure I can write it off as a charitable contribution.

I'm begining to think the finer things in life can also be a curse. I grew up in a family that believed in buying good quality things that would last a lifetime, or several. Might not have been so bad but somehow I became a bit of a hoarder and managed to live for about 6 decades. Now I have a house full of quality antiques: tables, chairs, walnut dressing tables, flatware, silverware, guns, knives, games, etc filling the house.

One might think I could call an auctioneer and grow the retirement fund but it's simply not all that easy. After all, I just want to retire and drink beer while drifting around in a kayak. But selling my dad's aunt's antique walnut corner parlor chair would be like putting a pillow over her face. And turning over my wife's grandfather's oak table would end me up in divorce court in the blink of an eye.

And then there's the shotgun my grandfather gave my dad before my dad left for the South Pacific in '42, and the rifle my grandfather gave to my uncle, who died and left it to my son.... damn! About a month ago I was touring our small town's museum and found myself wondering if they might be interested in building a wing on the building just so I could donate all the stuff I've collected.

I've never been one to splurge and spend big dollars for the finer things in life but somehow I've managed to accumulate a few anyway. Now just to figure out what to convert them into micro brews, Blantons and Cuban cigars!