REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
gundogpa

Lance Armstrong

shinbone
CB - just voicing my opinion - not directing it at anyone in particular.  Apologies if you felt singled-out.

Cooter Brown
CB - just voicing my opinion - not directing it at anyone in particular

Gotcha.  I really need to cut back on my morning dose of steroids.

shinbone

"I really need to cut back on my morning dose of steroids."

Good one!

gundogpa

I think the cheating is the least of it......the intimidation/threats/strongarm tactics etc........all to protect himself. The lives and reputations he ruined......

I couldn't give two craps about who wins a bike race.

ScottGrush
Gotcha.  I really need to cut back on my morning dose of steroids.

Cheater.

The major leagues of internet chatter has drug you into it Cooter. Just look how your post total has exploded in recent months.  :devil:

caleb

The organized racing community is perfectly willing to let Armstrong take the whole hit for something they were involved in as much as him.

Yesterday the NYT reported that he's cooperating with the DOJ and USADA to go after the governing body and the money men.  If he follows through, that's the best possible outcome at this point.

For a refresher on the guys involved, this classic from Outside is a handy resource: http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor....rs.html

Hunshatt
I read someplace, that the US(whatever th hell it is that prosecuted him) offer a deal to keep the majority of his wins, if he cooperated a few years back... if it's true, they are a bigger group of scumb bags than the ridders

Briarscratch

I'd say he's an example of what happens when one's ego, self image and need to win at all costs leads to a life of lies, deceit and ruin.

In this way, he still serves as a good example.

gdog

From what I understand, most of those guys were doping then.  Armstrong was just the best at it and a good athlete as well.

This is not to excuse what he did, just to say that directing all the outrage at Armstrong is naive and is exactly what the people who let it happen and are complicit in it want.  The whole sport was involved in it and like most things it was about money.

The organized racing community is perfectly willing to let Armstrong take the whole hit for something they were involved in as much as him.

Bingo.....

You couldn't find a guy in at least the top 20 in any of the races Armstrong won, thats wasn't doping to some extent.  They all were doing it, he was just the sacrificial lamb...

2shot

I have always thought  that his charities and humanitarianism have been no more than obfuscation and camouflage.

I had to look up what "obfuscation" meant but yes, I agree.

Russell
Well at least the US Postal Service never spend very much money in supporting him and his team....

Lucky Dog

This topic in my mind begs the question of weather or not the 1%ers in the grouse world are doping?

And how about those crazy southern mountain boys? They certainly are using some kind of performance enhancer to climb up and down those hills and hollers.

ScottGrush
This topic in my mind begs the question of weather or not the 1%ers in the grouse world are doping?

So what is your drug of choice Dennis?  :devil: