REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
gundogpa

Lance Armstrong

Lucky Dog
This topic in my mind begs the question of weather or not the 1%ers in the grouse world are doping?

So what is your drug of choice Dennis?  :devil:

In my professional cycling days, my drug of choice was Blatz.

Now that I've graduated to the big leagues of internet grouse killing, my drug of choice is PBR.

GB Jack

He also has helped many people with Livestrong. There is always many sides to a story.

By using tons of the donated funds for his own attorneys? Fighting lies?

Yes , many different sides.

Guys a scumbag, dumps his wife ( who was an angel) after she helps him through cancer, cuase he's a " big shot"

Crazy Horse
I'd label him as "The Country's Biggest Loser!"

snood
Is there anyone in cycling that isn't doping?

Pete F

We all know that anyone who hunts chukars days in a row is juiced!

:D

martyg
What's the point of winning races when you cheat to do it?

I'm not big on Armstrong, but I'm cautious with using the language of "cheating."  That's not because he didn't cheat, but rather because there's so much more going on than cheating.  Doping was the norm in cycling, and it's the norm in the vast majority of big time athletics.  When years from now it comes out that the overwhelming majority of NFL (and NBA, and NHL, and NCAA, and even some high school) players are juiced, do we really want to talk about it as a matter of cheating?  Or is it largely a matter of money corrupting sport?  The dope is everywhere in sports, and I'm not sure the paradigm of "cheating" that reduces it to individual choices is the most constructive for addressing the problem because it ignores the larger factors involved.

Bingo!  X2.

As this unfolds I think you will find out how deep it really goes - to the Tour organizers, the ICU and to the sponsors.  You'll start to see the massive amounts of money that was exchanged - no one wanted to see Lance Armstrong or the popularity that it brought to the Tour derailed.  Watching or following a cycling event and making yourself believe that doping is not the norm is like watching "pro" wrestling and making yourself believe that it is for real.

If you followed this you would have know that Tour organizers couldn't establish a winner from the Lance years - after he was unseated - because they had to go back dozens of places to find someone who was clean - they just want to wipe those years from the record books.  Like anything related to entertainment and sports it is a money machine.  The athletes are just fodder and make for nice human interest stories on TV and in blogs.

Do I blame Lance?  Hell no.  He did what he had to do to win in a dirty game where everyone knows what is going on.  Of course, I read a story about the kid who hacked into the school's computer to get answers to the test and believe that he is better utilized working for the government or Silicon Valley in a $120K position instead of wasting his time in detention.

Both Lance and the hacker kid just played the game better than everyone else.  Hate the game.  Not the player.

Cooter Brown
Gotcha.  I really need to cut back on my morning dose of steroids.

Cheater.

The major leagues of internet chatter has drug you into it Cooter. Just look how your post total has exploded in recent months.  :devil:

Don't make me angry, Grush.  You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

I tend to rage uncontrollably.

caleb

I'm not big on Armstrong, but I'm cautious with using the language of "cheating."  That's not because he didn't cheat, but rather because there's so much more going on than cheating.  Doping was the norm in cycling, and it's the norm in the vast majority of big time athletics.  When years from now it comes out that the overwhelming majority of NFL (and NBA, and NHL, and NCAA, and even some high school) players are juiced, do we really want to talk about it as a matter of cheating?  Or is it largely a matter of money corrupting sport?  The dope is everywhere in sports, and I'm not sure the paradigm of "cheating" that reduces it to individual choices is the most constructive for addressing the problem because it ignores the larger factors involved.

Bingo!  X2.

As this unfolds I think you will find out how deep it really goes - to the Tour organizers, the ICU and to the sponsors.  You'll start to see the massive amounts of money that was exchanged - no one wanted to see Lance Armstrong or the popularity that it brought to the Tour derailed.  Watching or following a cycling event and making yourself believe that doping is not the norm is like watching "pro" wrestling and making yourself believe that it is for real.

If you followed this you would have know that Tour organizers couldn't establish a winner from the Lance years - after he was unseated - because they had to go back dozens of places to find someone who was clean - they just want to wipe those years from the record books.  Like anything related to entertainment and sports it is a money machine.  The athletes are just fodder and make for nice human interest stories on TV and in blogs.

Do I blame Lance?  Hell no.  He did what he had to do to win in a dirty game where everyone knows what is going on.  Of course, I read a story about the kid who hacked into the school's computer to get answers to the test and believe that he is better utilized working for the government or Silicon Valley in a $120K position instead of wasting his time in detention.

Both Lance and the hacker kid just played the game better than everyone else.  Hate the game.  Not the player.

Oh, I still hate the player.  I have plenty to go around.

Rex Hoppie
Lance who?

martyg

Bingo!  X2.

Oh, I still hate the player.  I have plenty to go around.

You could always buy one of these.   :D

http://store.theonion.com/p-5045-cheat-to-win-bracelet.aspx

WI Brookie Guy

I'm not...and I have the times to prove it.

Jazz4Brazo
Back up..wait a minute here...Pro Wrestling is fake?

Hunshatt

I'm not...and I have the times to prove it.

hahahahaha

x2

uhhhh hang on... define doping... is that what bonasa does in his posts, or what Bama did as a teen?

Remo

This topic in my mind begs the question of weather or not the 1%ers in the grouse world are doping?

And how about those crazy southern mountain boys? They certainly are using some kind of performance enhancer to climb up and down those hills and hollers.

Ah ha. They are busted at last. And well they should be. Can't wait to see them confess on Oprah.

Thank God the pheasant boys are clean. We have the strength of ten for our hearts are pure.

Wildcat
is doping bad???? I figgered it was OK since everyone incl Lance was doin it. My ptarmigan kill ratio went way up after I discovered anabolic steroids and blood doping. Its amazing how high I can climb now w/o tiring out???? The 3 hour injection/ingestion regimen each morning takes up a bit of time though :devil: