REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ccavacini

New Englanders

bosco mctavitch
We're only supposed to get 8-14" here....what a gyp.  The ski areas and tourism industry here are hurting from the lame winter, and every frickin storm goes so far south that they have to plow the stuff into the ocean fer crissake!  What a waste.  Send it North!!

irish Eyes

Now I know why I live in North Carolina. Ran the dog today for an hour, first time in 2 weeks. I've had a bad case of bronchitus and laryngytus since before the season ended jan. 31.

Maggie came home with a bloody side to her paw and my wife thinks it looks like an ulcerated tumor. Made an appointment for the vet tomorrow......we'll be going north to see my vet daughter and vet daughter-in-law in a week. Admiral says don't wait, it's only money.

Dave Hamming
Storm is over here. 6" of snow total. 15" in Muskegon,  20 miles north. Good luck out there..

Briarscratch

I'm in the "multi-forecast" area.   Anywhere from 1"-12" so who knows?   Auto-dialer called at 5 to announce an early dismissal for the kids and I'll be working from home.

I hope we get something though, I want to go sledding.

Uplander
I'm in the "Isolated 30+" zone.  Stocked up on Doritos and wine, so we should be all set to ride it out.

Brad Eden
We appear to be in the blizzard 12-24 inch mid coastal Maine area. The electric goes out around here if someone breaths on a wires so we are expecting that early AM when the wind picks up. This modular rental only has the baseboard heat with no backup. If we planned to stay long I would have asked landlord if I could set a wood stove in cellar where there is a thimble into a separate flue in chimney. Went and got my medium size Honda generator from storage yesterday. We can run an electric heater we have if any prolonged power outage. Plus this modular is from Canada where they insulate them so well they maintain heat for a long time. That's obvious by no icicles coming off roof edges. Plus there are plenty of blankets....

PartridgeCartridge

With any luck, I'll only get a skiff of snow which is fine by me.

I've had enough "weather events" this year to deal with.

Sounds like a good night to make a hearty clam chowder and homemade biscuits.

River19

Well, Nancy went apeshit at the store's yesterday and blew a wad on all sorts of good stuff....the most curious was the liquor store.

Bloody Mary Mix

Bakon Vodka

Vanilla Vodka

Passionfruit mix (more on that later)

Little Sumpin' Ale

Guiness

3 bombers of Capuccino Stout

With or without power we will have plenty of food and liver workout material.

So last night I said, "you want a drink?" and she suggests the vanilla vodka with the passionfruit mixer.....now my wife is a lot of good things, but a mixoligist is not one of them.  So I indulged her and made what she asked.....after my first sip I gave her the good news:

"Congrats, you just made Dimetapp"  Squeezing in a lime was all I could do to save it....

I'll work with it, we'll be fine....I realized we have gingerbread mixer from the holidays....vanilla vodka will be fine.....

Bakon and Mary's is the best medicine.  :cool:

Brad Eden

I need to make a beer run, have some venison burger thawing for some meatballs ill make this aft, JoAnn has today off so is safely ensconced at home, Cash is ready for some fun in the snow, snow shovels primed and ready, 550 piece brand new puzzle sitting on kitchen table...

We live down a lake camp road and are the last to be plowed out...hunker down time!

gunsrus
Wood is on the deck , Honda snowblower all ready , Generator ready . Eggs , Bacon and Bloody Mary's . I'm all set , bring it on !

john mcg

Wood set, snow thrower tuned up with new shear pin, vittles and libation, carburetor needs rebuild on the gas generator since I haven't got the new 'stand-by' installed yet.

Darn timing!

:)

Kansas Big Dog

NOAA is forecasting 17" to 27" here just NW of Portland, ME, we already have a couple from this little storm going through.

Beer...check

Food...check

15 dogs in a small secluded down a long drive cabin for a N'oreaster......priceless

john mcg
NOAA is forecasting 17" to 27" here just NW of Portland, ME, we already have a couple from this little storm going through.

Beer...check

Food...check

15 dogs in a small secluded down a long drive cabin for a N'oreaster......priceless

Yup--doesn't get much more classic New England.

Happiness is setter hair all over the place.

:D

I'm glad this one is on a weekend.

Rex Hoppie

I have been watching the weather channel.  There is no way you can possibly survive.  You are all going to die.

Do not go outside.  If you have the urge to go outside turn on your TV tuned to the weather channel.  There will be weather forecasters standing outside doing what you should not do and you can let their foolishness quell your urge to go outside.

bosco mctavitch

WAHOOOO!!!!!!!  :D  :D (photo not mine, but you get the idea...)

hirafu-gus-powder-smile-2012-01-26.jpg