New Englanders

had to dig the back door out to get the little ratt bastard to go and pee... now I've got to somehow get to my snowblower to battle the evil snow monsters.... SORRY TIM, PHOTO TOO LARGE FOR BOARD B.E.

upside is I've got a crock pot full of venison chilli thats been percolating all night...... house smells gooooooooooood

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john mcg

• Brad Eden

• Hunshatt

• gunsrus

02-09-13 0800 Exeter, NH

The wife's car in the driveway. Black dot is passenger side rear view mirror.

89b83186-fa0c-412a-b1e1-3e27bfc5c79d.jpg

Still snowin' and blowin'.

pa'tridge hunters
Had to go out the front door this morning to shovel out the back door so the girls could pee. Mag didn't waste any time going, Chloe wanted to play in the snow. It usually warms up to snow, but it's only 8 degrees here. The up side is that the snow is dry and not sticking to the trees so maybe we won't loose the power. Going to be a wild day. Stay warm every one.

02-09-13 0800 Exeter, NH

The wife's car in the driveway. Black dot is passenger side rear view mirror.

Still snowin' and blowin'.

Crazy, that's about a exactly what JoAnns Civic looks like. Funny thing it's parked next to my truck that is only partially covered. The wind is really creating drifts that are up to my waist in spots. Hasn't let up any here, still blizzard like conditions.

Ill take some photos once this settles down.

I want me some of that French Onion.

come on over

view out the kitchen window ...

this is big compared to the past few years but nothing compared to '78  ....  but as Joe said ".. it ain't over until it's over.."

post-3-22401-P1010001.JPG.0dbebda6cd0534

We're on the northern edge of the massive system, meaning we could get anywhere from 4" to 24". It started at 1:00AM and still hasn't let up. There hasn't been much snow fallen (6"??), but the WNW wind is crazy strong, like a steady 20 knots and gusts to 40. My screened porch is much like browndog's.

This is the annual "Hockey Day in Canada" when CBC TV broadcasts 4 NHL games along with local and regional hockey related festivities, contests, hijinks and carousing...15 hours straight. It's a GOOD day to be snow bound. :cool:  :D

Michael Stenstrom

Here are a couple of videos from 9 this morning. Window is more covered now.  About six inches left of view at top.  Fifteen feet away there is tar visible in driveway.  Wind is the big variable.  

Have some drifting snow

Town plow lost the road

Alex I think there are three factors, one is our roads tend to curve more and have lots of ups and downs (not that the mountains of MT don't have ups and downs).  Second our snow often has a higher water content and packs to a slick icey under layer.  And third parents giv ethe schools hell if their babies bus gets stuck, so superintendents call school quickly to avaoid getting chewed out or sued (that goes with Brad's comment).

Kansas Big Dog
Fairly wicked storm, not sure how much snow as the winds have been blowing most of it.  Here is a picture of a drift in front of the cabin.

post-3-23091-P1020027.JPG.6e452a71f0ac67

Craig Doherty
Fairly wicked storm, not sure how much snow as the winds have been blowing most of it.  Here is a picture of a drift in front of the cabin.

Hope you can get that backhoe started -- it looks like you may need it.  Just went out with the ruler -- no wind yet -- 7" of snow.

25-28" here, some drifts over 36", all cleaned up, 45 year old blower still going strong.....3 of 4 vehicles cleared out....
Craig Doherty
John, you look like one of the characters out of "the Lord of the Rings" with the snow on your beard and brows -- nothing like running a snowblower in a good stiff wind. :cool: