• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john mcg

• Brad Eden

• Hunshatt

• gunsrus

John, you look like one of the characters out of "the Lord of the Rings" with the snow on your beard and brows -- nothing like running a snowblower in a good stiff wind. :cool:

I've got the tobacco to prove my lineage.

:)

The wind has been a bit brisk from time to time.

You know how it goes--as soon as you change chute direction the wind changes, too. Kinda like a campfire.

John, nice job.

Steve--Toni was laughing all the while taking pictures.

I didn't realize what she was going on about until downloading them.

The pups now have there lanes out back to the barn and woods. They are pretty choosey about pee and poop spots.

:D

Henry Rackliff
It was pretty close to a non event here at our place.  The roads were greasy as hell yesterday but fine this morning.  I kept waiting for the big snow but we got maybe 6".  Made for a relatively easy cleanup.

Back yard spot has been cleared again for the dogs to do their business and Nancy is dead asleep on the couch...

Lexi is staring at the "electric woodstove heater" used to dry out gloves and wondering why it isn't on anymore....she seems upset about this....

Guiness at 11:30am was a nice way to start lunch....

Took a spin around the block in one of the trucks, side roads are a mess, town hasn't been through those, just private guys trying to get to houses to plow....

Local guy came by with his old F-250 plow truck. Snow and drifts were too deep for the regular plow guys truck and plow. I can't believe he even made it to our rental which is the only occupied house on this camp road. The rest are seasonal summer places. He bogged down just past us and had to back up and make runs at the snow to get us to the point I could dig the Tundra out. JoAnns Civic is still somewhere out there under the snow. Him and the other guy are coming back with a loader tomorrow to finish road to lake and clean up the rest of the road. And it's still blowin and snowin right now. The only concelation is we didnt lose power, yet. :oops:
Back yard spot has been cleared again for the dogs to do their business and Nancy is dead asleep on the couch...

Lexi is staring at the "electric woodstove heater" used to dry out gloves and wondering why it isn't on anymore....she seems upset about this....

Guiness at 11:30am was a nice way to start lunch....

Took a spin around the block in one of the trucks, side roads are a mess, town hasn't been through those, just private guys trying to get to houses to plow....

Are you talking Vermont, Steve?

Tim--well, excuuuuuuse me".

:)

My apologies to Annie...I didn't mean to offend her High Bred sensibilities.

:D

PartridgeCartridge
69680_4459682574855_1109931361_n.jpg562995_4459679894788_904832248_n.jpg

Impressive.

I bet over that fence is a handy place to get rid of snow. :devil:

Kathi finish digging you out yet?

For some unknown reason, Jackie decided to shovel some snow this morning. All the neighbors were shoveling too.

I stepped outside in my red fleece bathrobe and jammies and loudly screamed ..."When ya git done with the walkway and the driveway, gitcherass in here and finish the dishes and the laundry and make me breakfast dammit"

Then I went back inside. The look on some of their faces was priceless.

pa'tridge hunters
Local guy came by with his old F-250 plow truck. Snow and drifts were too deep for the regular plow guys truck and plow. I can't believe he even made it to our rental which is the only occupied house on this camp road. The rest are seasonal summer places. He bogged down just past us and had to back up and make runs at the snow to get us to the point I could dig the Tundra out. JoAnns Civic is still somewhere out there under the snow. Him and the other guy are coming back with a loader tomorrow to finish road to lake and clean up the rest of the road. And it's still blowin and snowin right now. The only concelation is we didnt lose power, yet. :oops:

One of the city plow trucks just came up our street. He had a tough time getting up our hill. He kept spinning his wheels. He finally had to back down sanding as he went to get traction. Then he'd goose it up the hill and drop the plow. Once he got to the top of the hill he was able to make a couple more passes with the plow. I'm waiting til the morning to run the snow blower. When we first move into our house we had a storm where the sand truck had to back up the hill sanding as he went.