New Englanders

69680_4459682574855_1109931361_n.jpg562995_4459679894788_904832248_n.jpg

Impressive.

I bet over that fence is a handy place to get rid of snow. :devil:

hahahahaha

lets just say the gate won't be functional till we get a really really really good thaw......  :devil:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john mcg

• Brad Eden

• Hunshatt

• gunsrus

Back yard spot has been cleared again for the dogs to do their business and Nancy is dead asleep on the couch...

Lexi is staring at the "electric woodstove heater" used to dry out gloves and wondering why it isn't on anymore....she seems upset about this....

Guiness at 11:30am was a nice way to start lunch....

Took a spin around the block in one of the trucks, side roads are a mess, town hasn't been through those, just private guys trying to get to houses to plow....

Are you talking Vermont, Steve?

Tim--well, excuuuuuuse me".

:)

My apologies to Annie...I didn't mean to offend her High Bred sensibilities.

:D

Nope we stayed in MA for this one; no sense driving up in a blizzard and then coming back to 28" in the driveway on Sunday....

For some unknown reason, Jackie decided to shovel some snow this morning. All the neighbors were shoveling too.

I stepped outside in my red fleece bathrobe and jammies and loudly screamed ..."When ya git done with the walkway and the driveway, gitcherass in here and finish the dishes and the laundry and make me breakfast dammit"

Then I went back inside. The look on some of their faces was priceless.

They probably didnt know who was yelling, what with the two feet of snow you were standing behind.

Back yard spot has been cleared again for the dogs to do their business and Nancy is dead asleep on the couch...

Lexi is staring at the "electric woodstove heater" used to dry out gloves and wondering why it isn't on anymore....she seems upset about this....

Guiness at 11:30am was a nice way to start lunch....

Took a spin around the block in one of the trucks, side roads are a mess, town hasn't been through those, just private guys trying to get to houses to plow....

Are you talking Vermont, Steve?

Tim--well, excuuuuuuse me".

:)

My apologies to Annie...I didn't mean to offend her High Bred sensibilities.

:D

Nope we stayed in MA for this one; no sense driving up in a blizzard and then coming back to 28" in the driveway on Sunday....

Makes good sense--it sounded like maybe you were in the country with your post.

Local guy came by with his old F-250 plow truck. Snow and drifts were too deep for the regular plow guys truck and plow. I can't believe he even made it to our rental which is the only occupied house on this camp road. The rest are seasonal summer places. He bogged down just past us and had to back up and make runs at the snow to get us to the point I could dig the Tundra out. JoAnns Civic is still somewhere out there under the snow. Him and the other guy are coming back with a loader tomorrow to finish road to lake and clean up the rest of the road. And it's still blowin and snowin right now. The only concelation is we didnt lose power, yet. :oops:

One of the city plow trucks just came up our street. He had a tough time getting up our hill. He kept spinning his wheels. He finally had to back down sanding as he went to get traction. Then he'd goose it up the hill and drop the plow. Once he got to the top of the hill he was able to make a couple more passes with the plow. I'm waiting til the morning to run the snow blower. When we first move into our house we had a storm where the sand truck had to back up the hill sanding as he went.

I was a little concerned living about a half mile in on a private dirt/camp road off the main road this winter. JoAnn does home health care and works full time so she needs to get to work. For 25 years we lived right on a major road that was one of the first in town to get plowed and/or sanded. That was a blessing and a curse given the traffic drove us nuts and was one of the main reasons we sold but, being able to get right out of the driveway to work etc was pretty slick. I needn't have worried, these small lake communities are tight knit and take care of each other and our landlord made sure someone would plow us out pretty quick. It's secluded and private here, we like it but may find the summer season a bit different being close to a large lake.

For some unknown reason, Jackie decided to shovel some snow this morning. All the neighbors were shoveling too.

I stepped outside in my red fleece bathrobe and jammies and loudly screamed ..."When ya git done with the walkway and the driveway, gitcherass in here and finish the dishes and the laundry and make me breakfast dammit"

They probably didnt know who was yelling, what with the two feet of snow you were standing behind.

:oh: .... the King is engaging in selective grabassery? ....... another internet legend debunked...... all my hero's are being shown up for charlatans   :down:  :down:

PartridgeCartridge

:oh: .... the King is engaging in selective grabassery? ....... another internet legend debunked...... all my hero's are being shown up for charlatans   :down:  :down:

Yep. I've taken him under my wing and am schooling him on the finer points.

We'll see how he does. Methinks he may be a slow learner.

Kansas Big Dog

Now, that is a turd dropping if I have ever seen one.  Hehehe

I am hoping that this best guess this far in advance is wrong!!!

It won't be the first time!

We got  30+ and drifts!

8 Hours to clean off the driveway

Opened the back door to the garage to let the dogs out this morning...neither wanted to vault the 4ft drift..can't imagin3 why..lol

Took a couple hours to blow out the back patio, shovel the deck off and blow a path to the yard. and a clearing...both dogs wera waiting legs crossed by lunch hour...happy pups now.

Drifting out front meant shoveling a gap befor opening the garage door..3 hours later the driveway was done...started after the plow went thru...

I cranked the hot tub to 104 earlier so it was time for a few wobbly pops under the jets...time to start the sauted mushrooms with wine, pepper, garlic, pop the baking potatoes in and fire up the grill for rib eyes and filet mignon...gotta love a good storm  :)