• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steelheadfred

• L. Gallagher

• caleb

• Lucky Dog

bosco mctavitch
I dont travel to hunt that much, but at least the new fishing and the resident hunting licenses seem very reasonably priced compared to the states I've lived in or visited.  The only exception might be a $150 non-resident small-game license, but perhaps in a state with highly marketable bird hunting it makes sense, especially if they have a 7-day license at a reduced rate.
By the looks of it we are getting a Moose and Wolf season  ???  not betting on it though.

24% increase in game wardens. Has there been a huge increase in game law crimes? Increase license fees to pay 20+ million in dredging costs?

Typically the out of stater pays 10X the fee to hunt or fish for probably a week. The same in most states....easy to say let the other guy pay.

Sorry just tired of the burocratic BS. In NY it was the patent leather crew. More interested in getting their masters degree, so they would get a pay increase, than actually doing any worthwhile work. I've seen a big change over the last 45+ years and none of it for the good.

Well, $150 for the privilege of hunting grouse in MI seems a little steep to me. They should offer a 5-day license like we do in WI. Good thing I don't need to travel outside my home state to find birds.
I'll gladly pay the $150.00. If you bird hunted E. TN for a season $150 is nothing.

Right now MI is $69.00 for a NR season small game. $30.00 for a 3 day pass.

It should go up.

Kansas Big Dog
I think Kansas non-res small game fees are afordable; $72.50 for the whole year, throw in another $32.50 and you can kill a turkey too. Oh, if you want to kill prairie chickens, throw in $2.50.
Ouch.  Been waiting for that to happen.  I think it's been the same since I've been going up there.